Which WRs do the Bills keep - if any

Socal-805

1 minute ago, Kaenon said:

He will be better. His QB was not very good.

His QB definitely wasn't very good, but he made plenty of mistakes himself. I really hope he turns the corner and breaks out next season, as it seems he lost his confidence this year with TT throwing to him.

Also Matthews will be significantly better by virtue of a new QB. I mean he never had less than 800 yards receiving in any season before TT, and he didn't have good QB then either. Just shows how poor the passing game was this season.

My guess is that they keep everyone they have now except Matthews should be gone for sure and maybe Tate and Holmes........and hopefully the last two get played off the roster in camp if they are retained that far.

I hope to hell the don't extend Benjamin this offseason........he seems like he could have a very short career........where other guys from that class seem to just be early into their careers he seems like he might not have another full contract in him.  

Bad knees with his body type and playing style is bad news. 

Need to get a legit X or Z stud WR regardless of who the QB is...........this group of possession WR's they've assembled ain't gonna' cut it.

Deonte Thompson ain't that guy.........he's their #2 now but needs to be their #4 or #5 next year and relegated to returning kicks unless there is an injury.    Doesn't track the ball well or catch it consistently........he's improved since the last time he was in Buffalo but still has those bad traits.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

How can we adequately rate any of the receivers on this team without seeing them get steady targets and accurately thrown balls. We have no idea how good this WR core actually is Jordan Matthews was the #1 on the Eagles and KB was #1 on the Panthers mixed with Zay who needs to shake the dropsies and Deonte a decent deep threat I think our receiving core could be sneaky good with better QBing. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

How can we adequately rate any of the receivers on this team without seeing them get steady targets and accurately thrown balls. We have no idea how good this WR core actually is Jordan Matthews was the #1 on the Eagles and KB was #1 on the Panthers mixed with Zay who needs to shake the dropsies and Deonte a decent deep threat I think our receiving core could be sneaky good with better QBing. 

100% right. And Deonte gets open deep quite a few times a game, yet how often does TT make use of that a game? 

Almost never. And when he does throws deep, expect it to go sailing out of reach & out of bounds.

Benjamin and Zay.

A Vet at the #2 WR spot.

Would like to see FA Jeff Janis replace Holmes. Can play all special teams and I think he could be better than Tate in the return game. Not only that he could push for the #4 spot. Just as fast and bigger than Thompson.

Streater

1.Kelvin Benjamin

2.Vet FA with size and speed

3.Zay Jones 

4.Jeff Janis (replaces everything Holmes, Thompson and Tate does and is a better WR IMO)

5.Streater

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

16 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

KB and Thompson compliment each other well.  You need a speed guy and a possession guy.  It's not like Thompson will break the bank anyways.  Zay can work in and get experience.  Tate didn't help himself out and can go.  Mathews isn't worth what he'd probably want to sign.

Yes, speed is needed but Thompson is mediocre talent at best. What we let walk last year was far superior.

After Benjamin is wide open to whom ever can prove they belong....

Most wide receivers take a couple years to get going.  Zay did scoop up a few thrown at his feet, If bust means he cannot reel in with his fingernails the ones thrown six inches over his outstretched hands, then yeah he sucks at that.  Maybe a year or two with an accurate QB he might turn out alright, unless you are aTyrod ballwasher and believe accurate means thrown in the direction of.

14 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Benjamin and Zay.

A Vet at the #2 WR spot.

Would like to see FA Jeff Janis replace Holmes. Can play all special teams and I think he could be better than Tate in the return game. Not only that he could push for the #4 spot. Just as fast and bigger than Thompson.

Streater

1.Kelvin Benjamin

2.Vet FA with size and speed

3.Zay Jones 

4.Jeff Janis (replaces everything Holmes, Thompson and Tate does and is a better WR IMO)

5.Streater

Janis is intriguing.  I think Thompson will be back but he's not a very heady player and had a rough game in Jax so perhaps McD has seen enough of him like the Bears did.

I don't think you even need to reserve a roster spot for Streater.......if he isn't too busted up after the preseason he can get a job in the office across the street at ECC and you can bring him back at any time if you have a rash of injuries........with his injury history and not being a kick returner I don't see him keeping a young guy off the 53 or catching on anywhere else.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Janis is intriguing.  I think Thompson will be back but he's not a very heady player and had a rough game in Jax so perhaps McD has seen enough of him like the Bears did.

I don't think you even need to reserve a roster spot for Streater.......if he isn't too busted up after the preseason he can get a job in the office across the street at ECC and you can bring him back at any time if you have a rash of injuries........with his injury history and not being a kick returner I don't see him keeping a young guy off the 53 or catching on anywhere else.

Absolutely spot on with Streater. Health is a concern but I think they like him.

Watch the Janis Highlights and tell me that’s not Holmes, Tate and Thompson.... save some roster spots.

All 3 of those guys are easily replaceable and none really did anything all year. Big deal Thompson had a good game by catching a few deep balls....

I wish Jones didn't suck this year, but I have high hopes he'll massively improve next year.

Benjamin?!?!  You think we're getting rid of him? 

Ummm... nope.  He's obviously a Bill next year.

Don't know if Thompson is under contract, but hope he's around.

Reilly and Streater are the other 2 who intrigue me. 

I think Matthews is let go and we'll draft a guy or maybe acquire a guy in FA. 

If Benjamin can get healthy and Jones can get rid of the rookie yips, our WR corps won't be as abysmal as it's been the last couple years.

Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews, I'd like to see a high pick spent on WR. Calvin Ridley (Alabama), Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame) and Christian Kirk (Texas) are some of my favorite prospects, it's still early and I haven't looked to far into the draft but these three would be great in a Bills uni IF we can upgrade the QB position somehow, which I think we know is that it's pretty obvious McD wants big time change at QB so I'm not worried, I'm going to just trust the process and the powers that be.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Benjamin can get healthy and Jones can get rid of the rookie yips, our WR corps won't be as abysmal as it's been the last couple years.

How long do the the yips last?  It's been a whole season and shows no signs of improvement.  At what point do you say, the dude just can't catch a cold?

We don't have time to screw around with guys that can't catch.  We're trying to win games.

Connor Kupp is a rookie and he doesn't seem to be having a problem catching the football.  Woods and Sammy and even Goodwin didn't drop footballs as rookies.  Why only Zay?

And yes Jerry Rice.  Jerry practiced a ton to get right and stay right. I certainly hope Zay is doing the same.

Edited by reddogblitz

Right now I would say KB, Zay and Thompson. They just re-signed Streater to a futures contract and he was having a good camp and likely would've made the 53 so we'll see if he comes through. Wouldn't count out them drafting one. Matthews is up in the air, he fits the profile of the kind of persona they want in the locker room but it'll depend on the type of money he's looking for. Who knows after that.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews, I'd like to see a high pick spent on WR. Calvin Ridley (Alabama), Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame) and Christian Kirk (Texas) are some of my favorite prospects, it's still early and I haven't looked to far into the draft but these three would be great in a Bills uni IF we can upgrade the QB position somehow, which I think we know is that it's pretty obvious McD wants big time change at QB so I'm not worried, I'm going to just trust the process and the powers that be.

How do the Bills get Ridley? He goes top 15 easily. And the Bills won’t let go of picks to fill the need of WR.

9 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

How do the Bills get Ridley? He goes top 15 easily. And the Bills won’t let go of picks to fill the need of WR.

I've seen him at different spots all across the board, I have no clue where he goes but if he's there at 21, it would be an obvious decision. Rudolph and Ridley at 21 & 22 would be amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to find video of this Kid....

Justin Watson Penn U, 6’3” 215 

Poor mans Cooper Cupp being a smaller school guy, put up great numbers, size, speed, good hand etc.

Thinking 5-7 round potential...

If you want to see him, he will play in the East West Shrine game in a couple weeks.

Here is his high school highlights just to get an idea.... if you’re bored 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I've seen him at different spots all across the board, I have no clue where he goes but if he's there at 21, it would be an obvious decision. Rudolph and Ridley at 21 & 22 would be amazing.

Ridley at 21 would be amazing... if he has a big game tonight he may solidify himself closer to #10 overall vs 20 overall.

• Like (+1) 1