If I am McD/Beane what Shady says makes a big diff...

KingRex

TT might have changed the play on the 1 yard line but he was the one who committed the pass interference.  Tyrod sucked massively.  I agree we need a change.  But lets not blame him for the bad plays and play calling of others. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting ....but count me among the minority that doesn’t believe Shady will be in Buffalo next year. I think he’s traded and the Bills use the savings on Offensive line / WR and Draft a RB in the mid robuds. 

However, I don’t think Tyrod is here either, but the two aren’t linked - IMHO.

1 hour ago, KingRex said:

in what I do with TT this off-season. 

Shady is clearly the true Bill who embodies what we want for this team.

Particularly with the ankle injury last game which reminded him and us how short a career can be, my GUESS is that Shady will have the best sense of whether RRs failings at QB or eliminating a teammate for an uncertain new talent is the better road to take.

My sense is that Shady will want to go for it all in 2018 and that the key to that will be using all four of our draft picks in the fist two rounds to build a winner.  Certainly trading some of this resource for a hoped to mbe franchise talent who will fail to win the next SB without more players is a bad idea.

If McD wants a real assessment then follow Shady's direction.

He might ask for WRs based on how he called out dropped passes 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Shady confrimed it was a RPO. Called Run in the huddle with thebPass option. The entire OL and FB blocked run. Taylor pulled the ball and threw. 

So HIS decision to throw 

The decision to take the man press coverage on k benj was a reasonable one.  In that situation a RPO wasn’t a good playcall. 

And i am not excusing anyone from that game tying series....  the whole Team blew it there.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He might ask for WRs based on how he called out dropped passes 

The decision to take the man press coverage on k benj was a reasonable one.  In that situation a RPO wasn’t a good playcall. 

And i am not excusing anyone from that game tying series....  the whole Team blew it there.  

Funny so bad playcall but right TT decision hmmm. Yeah cant have it both ways 

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

....count me among the minority that doesn’t believe Shady will be in Buffalo next year.

Gotta love wild speculation.  Do you have a reliable source to substantiate that possibility?

We now take you back to our regularly scheduled reality...

Shady is a leader and a great player, but he's not management.  He grumbled about Watkins leaving also, but still played like a warrior.  He's going to do what he does regardless of who distributes the ball.  Team chemistry is important, so hearing Shady out is fine, but he'll will not be taking over McBean's office any time soon.  McCoy has to know his window will not be open forever, so pushing to win sooner than later will obviously be his goal.  Frankly, it should be everyone's goal.  Management needs to get to work, find more talent to go with the useful pieces we have and keep moving forward.  

40 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Gotta love wild speculation.  Do you have a reliable source to substantiate that possibility?

Shady is a leader and a great player, but he's not management.  He grumbled about Watkins leaving also, but still played like a warrior.  He's going to do what he does regardless of who distributes the ball.  Team chemistry is important, so hearing Shady out is fine, but he'll will not be taking over McBean's office any time soon.  McCoy has to know his window will not be open forever, so pushing to win sooner than later will obviously be his goal.  Frankly, it should be everyone's goal.  Management needs to get to work, find more talent to go with the useful pieces we have and keep moving forward.  

As as I said it’s my opinion, why wild speculation? Am I not allowed an opinion on a medium that is driven by say, opinion??

No, I don’t think he’s back as Beane looks at his Cap hit and the number of Draft picks they have, before trading period even begins - and I think Beane sees the value of being able to use Shady’s money to spend on an OLB / O-lineman or WR that this team could use right away while still being able to Draft a good RB.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

There really was no upgrade available in free agency. They did try to sign Brian Hoyer (to back up/compete with Tyrod) but he got a last minute offer from SF to start so he took it. 

I think passing on a QB in the draft was more about McDermott not trusting Whaley's ability to evaluate the QB's than anything else. 

I think he knew that a new GM was coming in after the draft (likely Beane) and figured that the Bills would probably be picking high again this year, so he picked up another 1st for next year giving the new GM (that he had more trust in) the ability to take a shot at a QB with one of those 1st round picks. 

Thst is just pure pure speculation on my part, but IMO it makes sense.

If you were McDermott and you had worked for 2 decades to get a HC job would you want to gamble it all on a rookie QB drafted by a GM you didn't have faith in and knew was out the door? I don't think I would... 

It makes some sense. 

49 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Amen.

Enough of this building/long term nonsense. Strike while the iron is hot. Build around McCoy and Benjamin and Hotrod or someone that beats him out.  Improve the D. Get a pass rush. Get a legit one two punch backup for McCoy.We're 6th best team in AFC this year. The other 10 are chasing us.

This is a retool off season. Not a rebuild IMHO.

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

There really was no upgrade available in free agency. They did try to sign Brian Hoyer (to back up/compete with Tyrod) but he got a last minute offer from SF to start so he took it. 

I think passing on a QB in the draft was more about McDermott not trusting Whaley's ability to evaluate the QB's than anything else. 

Ahem.  Does the name 'Case Keenum' ring a bell?

"In 2015, the Rams traded a draft pick to the Texans for Keenum, where he played until signing as a free agent with the Vikings in 2017." Wiki

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Whats your point all year people cry for more RPO. He calls them and the QB doesnt hand it off like the primary play. 

But somehow for the TT apologists that’s Dennisons fault 

What's your point of tossing around labels like "TT apologists"?  Does it make your arguments better?

In that particular situation, an argument can be made that 1st and goal on the 1 yd line with Shady on the team, CALL. A. RUN.  I think the Seahawks may have lost a game they'd like back with a similar call.  

So if it was an RPO and gave Tyrod latitude to read the coverage and pass, it was not the best play call for that situation from Dennison.  I think Romo made a similar point on national TV though it slipped in with a bunch of other stuff.

Bringing up "all year" and general "calls them" is irrelevant to that point.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm 100% sure if Taylor is QB next season KB is gone as well.

How's that gonna happen?  You think he'll retire?  (He is under contract through 2018)

Alex Smith for a couple years mentoring a draft choice sounds like a much better option to win now and prepare for the future. I feel very confident the Bills win today with Smith. If they can get him for a 2nd I say do it in a heartbeat.

57 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Alex Smith for a couple years mentoring a draft choice sounds like a much better option to win now and prepare for the future. I feel very confident the Bills win today with Smith. If they can get him for a 2nd I say do it in a heartbeat.

We’re confident Alex Smith is a sure thing in the playoffs ?

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We’re confident Alex Smith is a sure thing in the playoffs ?

I said I was confident the Bills would have won today. I cannot speak for others or other playoff games. Jacksonville was not impressive and avg qb play would have won today imo. Tyrod was absolutely terrible.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They could have got Watson.  You're on powerful mind altering drugs if you think Billy B. trades Garoppolo to a division rival.  

Did you guys catch Mike Florio's comments during NBC's broadcast of Atl/Rams game?  He said from the people he's talked to,  they tend to think that last year's crop of QBs of Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes was better than this year's.  Darnold is considered too inconsistent but with some upside while they wonder if Rosen has any more upside (i.e. He is what he is). 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Funny so bad playcall but right TT decision hmmm. Yeah cant have it both ways 

Not quite. In a vacuum it was the correct check, situationally it’s a poor choice and not only a lousey decision by TT but a failure by the OC to even offer the choice there at first and goal from the 1.

Too cute... just foolish. 

• Like (+1) 1