Pick one to stay, TT or Dennison.

Roundybout

Who stays and who goes to the pit of misery (dilly dilly)  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who stays?

• Keep TT. Dennison to the Pit of Misery!
    • Keep Dennison. TT to the Pit of Misery!
    • Popular Request! Can 'Em Both!

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I truly do not understand why Dennison is hated so much.  TT was essentially the same guy under Roman and Lynn.  I don't agree with the love of Tolbert but is that Dennison or McD's fault?

The OC and DC are always the scapegoats with fanbases.  I can't remember the last time we weren't trying to run either our OC or DC out of town.

Let me ask you this....do you really think a Dennison offense would be explosive and fun to watch with a really good QB under center? Or would it still be a methodical, repetitive ball control scheme that tries to win the game 17-14?  

This is 2018. Time for a modern offense.

TT has some glaring flaws. That much is easily apparent. But a top notch OC would be able to, or at least *attempt to* hide them and maximize his strengths. Dennison....did not do that. And truthfully probably isn't capable of it.

Edited by JM57

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Let me ask you this....do you really think a Dennison offense would be explosive and fun to watch with a really good QB under center? Or would it still be a methodical, repetitive ball control scheme that tries to win the game 17-14?  

This is 2018. Time for a modern offense.

TT has some glaring flaws. That much is easily apparent. But a top notch OC would be able to, or at least *attempt to* hide them and maximize his strengths. Dennison....did not do that. And truthfully probably isn't capable of it.

I just wonder how much of this is TT vs Dennison.  If Dennison doesn't like TT, or TT can't make big plays, then the OC is somewhat limited in what he can call and what he can do.

All I'm saying is that we have a tendency to blame the coordinators for everything, even lack of talent.  It's indisputable that we have next to no talent on our offense outside of McCoy.  We ran Kevin Gilbride out of town and he went on to win a Super Bowl against New England.  I've seen enough of TT to know he needs to go... I am not so sure about Dennison.  I'd be fine with Dennison being gone, but I just don't know that he's to blame for the current state of affairs on offense.

Why did Dennison go away from the run in the second half?  We were starting to tire out the Jags DLine in the second quarter.  Then Dennison decided it was time to pass?  Why?  Too many bad decisions from him, like it's Dennison's first year as an OC.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

My hunch is Dennison stays.  The Bills had a good game plan today and Tyrod could not execute it,

I'll wait for the All-22/Cover 1 reports but I agree. Outside of ANOTHER Tolbert-up-the-gut-for-nothing play, I felt he called a solid game against a great defense. 

I voted for can both. 

Dennison is a terrible OC. The fixation on Tolbert, the lack of a screen game, the run offense going from 1st in consecutive years to middle of the road. 

I do not want to see Dennison again under any circumstance. 

The only way i want to see TT play for the Bills again is if we draft a 1st rd QB in this years draft and TT is a 1 year stop gap (even though I would prefer a different vet back there). 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills offense went from tops in the league to a **** show. What changed?

You campaigned to bring back a qb who can’t pass, and shook off all the folks who said Tyrod sucks. 

Guess you needed  another year of proof. 

Keep Taylor as a bridge QB. Draft a QB high. Taylor helped get us to the playoffs, and is better than anyone else available as a bridge. The Tyrod hate present on this board notwithstanding, I don't understand why this isn't obvious.

Can Rico. If today didn't prove that, I don't know what would.

Dennison is horrible.  Keep TT and let our draft pick QB take over when ready.  Stinks losing today, but in many years of fandom this is one of my all-time favorite Bills teams.  We don't have all that much talent.  McDermott squeezed every drop out of the team.  They played like a team and they played smart.  With some money and a fistful of picks better days are coming!

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's a solid QB in the right system.... which he proved the last couple years. 

Dennison and Tyrod are a terrible mix. 

Dennisons offense is awful. You can't expect to run 15 to 20 methodical plays every drive and score points. Just not realistic. 

I don’t agree with you.    I respect your take but I think Tyrod is really really bad and his playoff games will all end like today’s 

Just now, MarlinTheMagician said:

Dennison is horrible.  Keep TT and let our draft pick QB take over when ready.  Stinks losing today, but in many years of fandom this is one of my all-time favorite Bills teams.  We don't have all that much talent.  McDermott squeezed every drop out of the team.  They played like a team and they played smart.  With some money and a fistful of picks better days are coming!

I don’t think most want to see another snap from 5.     I think it’s best to thank him for the playoff berth but it’s time to get real at the most important position. 

I try to stay as balanced as possible, but honestly, these two MUST get a divorce.  There's just no way.  If Dennison stays, get him the QB he wants.  TT is obviously not the guy he wants.  Dennison actually didn't call a terrible game.  TT did not see the field a lot of the day.  He just didn't see the field.  He made a few plays but he left a lot of plays.  There's no way we should not have put up at least one TD.  No way.  Taylor made some really really bad throws.  Dennison play design was decent/good.  Taylor just didn't make the throw.  Give me a different stop gap guy and a rookie.