What are your Options to upgrade No1 and No2 need

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

He's been one of the few broadcast announcers I can genuinely say helps educate viewers. I mean it's really eye-opening what's happening on the field when Romo is calling a game. It's seriously impressive how well he knows the game.

Agree wish there was more like him. 

15 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Exactly.  The emphasis should be on the rookie with a vet playing until he's forced or ready.  

That's why I'm fine with trading a low round pick for A. Smith - super cheap and serves an immediate need.

Can't imagine Smith being available for a low round pick. Not sure he would even be available at all. He's got 1 year left on his contract, I'm guessing KC keeps him and gives Mahomes more time to develop.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If i was a GM with a young QB I absolutely would call Romo to see if he wants to come out of booth and into coaching 

I would too.  He is a smart dude and would probably make a great mentor for a young QB.  Unfortunately, he would probably make more money doing what he is doing so he'd really have to want it.

Would you dump all the good picks we have this year and possibly a pick next year if you could move to the top of the draft,  Maybe dump less to get to the middle of the draft, or hope a guy falls far enough to make an easy trade/stand pat?

Edited by Scott7975

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No1 - QB 

No2 - OC

I think for me No 1 i sign a Minny QB in UFA and draft my QB. Not sure who i want right now is Rosen or Darnold are not options

for OC i want a guy that has experience developing young QBs. Not sure of a name yet but maybe some people here have ideas 

Honestly, I wasn't huge on this before, but I have warmed up on the idea of spending on Cousins and using all our draft picks to fill holes.  We easily could have been a 12 win team THIS year had Cousins been the QB all year.  

Pretty easy to see us winning these 3 games we lost with Cousins at QB all year:  Car, Cincy, and Chargers.  Not to mention, who knows how the Jets, both Pats, and Saints games go with Cousins.  

To be fair, no guarantee we still win the other 9 games had we swapped out TT, but hard to imagine we lose any of those given the way those games went.  We have the cap room, so get Cousins to make us a probable double win team next year before we even add any of those draft picks to the roster or other FA's.  

Of course, Cousins would still need to be both officially available and want to come here over any other potential suitors.  So no assurances he is even a possibility, but if he is, I am all for going for it.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

No1- just like you said FA qb and draft one if we can get one of the top 3

No2- replace right side of o-line with two of top five picks

bonus No3- defensive tackles (two of them) Kyle will probably retire.

No4-  need is an outside LB to replace Lorenzo,  he is no good in space

Edited by SJDK

31 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Agree with those, but don’t know if I want a Minny QB.

Bradford is overrated and Keenum I’m not sold on yet 

Bradford is fragile.  That's what makes him tempting - the fact that he's able to be good when healthy, but he's one misstep or wrong tackle away from IR

I don't think Keenum is going anywhere just now.

31 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Exactly.  The emphasis should be on the rookie with a vet playing until he's forced or ready.  

That's why I'm fine with trading a low round pick for A. Smith - super cheap and serves an immediate need.

With all the teams needing a QB, why would KC take a low pick for Smith?  SMH

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No1 - QB 

No2 - OC

I think for me No 1 i sign a Minny QB in UFA and draft my QB. Not sure who i want right now is Rosen or Darnold are not options

for OC i want a guy that has experience developing young QBs. Not sure of a name yet but maybe some people here have ideas 

Boy MAJ, don't Romo make it sound so easy? He sees where to go with the ball pre snap and diagnoses options