Horse collar tackles are illegal but apparently...

bills6969

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Tough to blame this one on the officials. 

Not blaming this on officiating, just an observation.  Reducing concussions just be the highest priority for NFL right now but seems like they still occur on a frequent basis.  Seems like this would be an easy tackle to eliminate.

Just now, bills6969 said:

Not blaming this on officiating, just an observation.  Reducing concussions just be the highest priority for NFL right now but seems like they still occur on a frequent basis.  Seems like this would be an easy tackle to eliminate.

If that was Jerry Hughes making that tackle on Bortles who was beyond the LOS I wouldn't have wanted to see a flag. 

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

That should have been a penalty for slamming him head first into the ground. No question it could have been easily called.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

If that was Jerry Hughes making that tackle on Bortles who was beyond the LOS I wouldn't have wanted to see a flag. 

They just showed a highlight on CBS where Calais Campbell hit Tyrod very late. 

Still, I don't blame officiating,though they did miss some hard , effective hits 

The NFL needs to move on to the college ways. These types of plays need to be reviewed and if intent is obvious the offending player is ejected from the game. That tackle was hard to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

tackling a guy by the neck and slamming his head into the ground is just fine.  NFL officiating is a joke.  

I have no issue at all - TT trying to run and the Jag making a tackle - this is a non issue in my eyes - it happens in football.  

You out want to stop that - put a collar on the players to stop the head snap.