Horse collar tackles are illegal but apparently...

bills6969

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

tackling a guy by the neck and slamming his head into the ground is just fine.  NFL officiating is a joke.  

Wasnt a horse collar he just got tackled

59 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Idk, their TD and the INT at the end of the game.... Those exact kind of catches were called incomplete passes for the Bills this year.

Dont be a sore loser GO JAGS

2 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Would that be the first or second time his head hit the ground?

Im not sure what you're referring to.  He got tackled and his head hit the turf. I didn't see any intent to bang his head off of the ground multiple times.

The refs aren’t there to protect the weaker team.

Defence always steps up in every sport in the playoffs and you have to fight a little harder to break out of getting held. 

That was one of thre worst 3rd place seeds in NFL history today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Jags have a better chance of beating the Steelers/Pats than the Bills would have had. But you're right - there's a huge gap between those 2 teams and everyone else in the AFC. But we've kind of known that ever since the calendar moved to November.

We've kind of known since the calendar moved to 2009.....

21 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

You must've struggled with reading comprehension in school.  My point was the NFL outlaws a tackle like the horse-collar tackle,  but not a tackle the puts a players head safety in danger.

You must have struggled with common sense. A tackle of any form puts the recipient in some form of danger. Maybe you can rewrite the rule book to explain how to tackle a person in a friendly manner.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't see how that's a horsecollar tackle. Refs helped us more than they hurt us today.

Gave McCoy a great spot when he was clearly a yard short, giving us a 1st down instead of 4th. Called the neutral zone infraction that gave us 1st & goal at the 1. Gave us a pass interference call that picked up big yardage. Called the hit on TT when he was sliding. Overall they got most everything right & called a good game.

31 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

You must've struggled with reading comprehension in school.  My point was the NFL outlaws a tackle like the horse-collar tackle,  but not a tackle the puts a players head safety in danger.

I was not a horse collar tackle.  

That is what the OP  referenced. 

Im sorry Taylor got hurt but it changed nothing. 

And yes yes my reading is off because Taylor sucked and my blood is flowing. 

I dont think it was anything flag worthy neither did the men on tbd booth 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

19 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

We've kind of known since the calendar moved to 2009.....

:lol: Well, maybe ever since Peyton Manning retired.  Leaving aside those Broncos teams, there have been pretenders, plenty of them: Chiefs (a couple times), Bengals (several times), Raiders (once), Texans (depending on who you asked) ...

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

:lol: Well, maybe ever since Peyton Manning retired.  Leaving aside those Broncos teams, there have been pretenders, plenty of them: Chiefs (a couple times), Bengals (several times), Raiders (once), Texans (depending on who you asked) ...

I was kidding of course...but it's been Big Ben, PM or Brady for practically 20 years...the Bills need to change that....soon...

43 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Im not sure what you're referring to.  He got tackled and his head hit the turf. I didn't see any intent to bang his head off of the ground multiple times.

Well I think you know the first one but the second one was when the second Jags player came in later