What ONE former Bill would you add to the roster for the Jags game?

WickedGame

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Jim Kelly 

hands down 

If you want to make it more interesting take the qb position out of play

would you take Bruce smith, Jason peters , Ted Washington or with a banged up Shady would the juice be on the loose ?

As ugly as his exit was, Mario Williams deserves an honorable mention on defense. Was a beast against run and pass rush, Hughes is very underrated,he stepped his run D up to an elite level for a DE , his pass rush numbers would sky rocket if he had another great pass rusher flushing the QB to his side 

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Those are good choices, but given Jacksonville's pass rush and their ability to run the ball I'd go with Jason Peters and Pat Williams (I'll exclude Ted Washington who played his final season for the Bills in 2000).

Pat Williams is a good choice... I had forgotten him.  I'll stick w/ Fred on O w/ Shady likely  being limited

On defense, Tom Sestak.  On offense, Cookie Gilchrist.  Maybe Billy Shaw.

You youngsters have no idea what you missed out on. 

Of the guys you've heard of, OJ.  The most talented and most individually outstanding Bill ever. Big enough to be productive even with our questionable O line.

I wouldn't argue about Kelly, though.  He's a very good choice. 

By far the most positive impact would come from inserting the best QB in Bills history.

That's Jim Kelly.

No single other player would come close, including Bruce Smith, who is arguably the single best player in franchise history.

Or even OJ in his prime, who is the other likely candidate for single best player in franchise history.

Or Thurman Thomas, who remains, in my opinion, one of the most deadly offensive weapons in NFL history.

If you need a guy to move the ball down the field, generate offense, and score TDs, Thurman is your guy.

56 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's our '96 wildcard game against Jacksonville for anyone interested.  This was Kelly's last game and the Bills final playoff home game.  We lost despite being heavily favored and never losing a playoff game before this one at Rich Stadium.  It's been 21 years since this game and it's payback time.

Holy cow, thanks for posting that.

Don't have time for it now, but I will greatly enjoy sitting down and watching the entirety of that game!  

Saw it live of course, but that was a long time ago.  Will be interesting to see how the reality of it (as seen now on video) compares to my memory if it!

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Offense: Jim Kelly

Defense: Ted Washington

absolutely 100 % correct /best answer...............

2nd best answer  Offense: Kemp

Defense:Sestak

Jim Kelly.  There may be better players among former Bills players, in fact, I'm certain there are, but nosingle player at a different position could make the kind of difference that Kelly in his prime could.