Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That would be awesome.

and I wouldn’t put it past B.B. for a second to set up the Pats for epic failure and eject while Brady is still playing there, just to affirm his own greatness over the others.  

In a situation involving two epic egotists, it is easy to imagine that a Belichick would have loved the opportunity to prove that he could win without Brady. It's also easy to imagine that Brady would do everything in his power to ensure that he isn't Brett Favred by Garoppolo. Having said that: rumors of Brady's decline are greatly exaggerated. Oh, it'll come, but I just didn't see it this year.

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It it also shows just how much Belichick wanted to make sure Garoppolo went somewhere where he would have success (again, if true). 

Not to mention out of the conference so Belicheck would only have to face him once every 4 yrs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Not to mention out of the conference so Belicheck would only have to face him once every 4 yrs.

Yeah I am sure there was no way Belichick was trading Garoppolo pretty much anywhere in the AFC. 

Im just glad they traded him. I don't think I could take a Brady clone torturing us for the next 10+ years. 

18 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Bill is not going anywhere.....and he;s also not done grooming his kid who's a coach on NE's staff

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/08/bill-belichick-says-he-absolutely-plans-to-coach-the-patriots-next-season/

What do you expect him to say?  "Yeah the moment this season is done I am looking for another job."  That statement means nothing. 

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

What do you expect him to say?  "Yeah the moment this season is done I am looking for another job."  That statement means nothing. 

Well....let's pretend that the ESPN story is crap....Kraft, Brady and BB all have denied it.....what would they need to say to convince you that it is indeed crap.....you have a load of " unknown " sources versus the 3 individuals in question saying it's baloney.....

Belichick will coach the Patriots in 2018...I'm 99.99% sure of it....he;s too old to start somewhere else...he still has Brady who's playing at a MVP level and has the best team in the AFC and a top 3 teams in the NFL....

If we've learned anything in the last 18 years is that they care about winning above all else...and staying in NE is his best shot at winning,,,that above all else is why I think he'll be there next year....

That story actually is giving them another " us vs the world" situation and we all know how BB uses those situations into a very focused team...

On 1/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, Iron Maiden said:

Are you talking about the Brady who was voted 1st team all-pro....the one who lead the NFL in yardage and is the MVP favorite ?...that Brady...is in full decline ?...well, it's about time he slows down.....

nope, they will never learn....

and they use this logic for their children and jobs and driving down the street as well...

saints protect us all...

29 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Well....let's pretend that the ESPN story is crap....Kraft, Brady and BB all have denied it.....what would they need to say to convince you that it is indeed crap.....you have a load of " unknown " sources versus the 3 individuals in question saying it's baloney.....

Belichick will coach the Patriots in 2018...I'm 99.99% sure of it....he;s too old to start somewhere else...he still has Brady who's playing at a MVP level and has the best team in the AFC and a top 3 teams in the NFL....

If we've learned anything in the last 18 years is that they care about winning above all else...and staying in NE is his best shot at winning,,,that above all else is why I think he'll be there next year....

That story actually is giving them another " us vs the world" situation and we all know how BB uses those situations into a very focused team...

We will see.  Lot of smoke here.  You are right though that none of these sources/leaks have put a name to them.  I will counter that point thought that if you worked under the Cheatriots regime you would be out of your mind to identify yourself as the source.  That would be a career death sentence in New England. 

31 minutes ago, Gordio said:

We will see.  Lot of smoke here.  You are right though that none of these sources/leaks have put a name to them.  I will counter that point thought that if you worked under the Cheatriots regime you would be out of your mind to identify yourself as the source.  That would be a career death sentence in New England. 

Here's the flavor of the day........After days of articles saying  BB was aiming for that job...Signs point to Patricia being the Giants HC....

I will say this.....this story makes more sense than BB leaving....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/reports-signs-point-to-matt-patricia-as-giants-coach/

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In a situation involving two epic egotists, it is easy to imagine that a Belichick would have loved the opportunity to prove that he could win without Brady. It's also easy to imagine that Brady would do everything in his power to ensure that he isn't Brett Favred by Garoppolo. Having said that: rumors of Brady's decline are greatly exaggerated. Oh, it'll come, but I just didn't see it this year.

Right on Brady’s decline, but it beli helps usher out his key coordinators then punches out... New England is in for a total front office overhaul, which hurts the team badly imo. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Look for Greg Schiano to replace Matt Patricia in NE once he takes a HC job. OSU has already replaced him with Alex Grinch and just waiting out his exit. I also would not be surprised to see Brian Daboll back in NE to  replace McDaniels. 

Good call re daboll.  I wonder how much he likes living in Alabama.  He lives in Orchard Park in the offseason and I overheard someone ask him about it last spring or early last summer and his response suggested that he is indifferent about the place.  He’s a good coach and a good guy.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I hope not. Jmo. Very bad OC in Cleveland. Wasn’t a fan of his offense at Bama. The Belichik connection and knowledge of the offense McDaniels ran will give him the opportunity to go back I think. 

27 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Good call re daboll.  I wonder how much he likes living in Alabama.  He lives in Orchard Park in the offseason and I overheard someone ask him about it last spring or early last summer and his response suggested that he is indifferent about the place.  He’s a good coach and a good guy.

I agree he’s a good guy and coach. I wouldn’t be excited if he was the OC here, however. His kids live in Buffalo I believe. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

uh oh, the Pats are on the ropes, at the end of their tether for the 280th time for this regime....

Hey Row....do you remember that epic thread  ( over 100 pages ) on BBMB started in 2012 ?....The title was something like  " Brady and NE are done ! ".....

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess....but still....