NFL Draft Rumors from Eric Galko

Estro

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would be surprised if Darnold didn’t return to school at this point. He doesn’t look ready. But if he does declare, he will go high.

It was basically expected after his poor performance but honestly, I was hoping he'd come out just so that's one more arm another team could take leaving more of a selection for the Bills. To me, this just means the Bills will need to decide once the season is over, if they're all in on their guy to move and get, or if they'll sit tight and let a QB fall to them that they can "live with"....not advocating one way or the other because now that the playoffs are a reality, I understand the reluctance to sell the farm for one player. That said, I also know - as just about everyone else does - you're not winning with Tyrod at QB for the future and without a franchise caliber QB, you have a near repeat of the drought years.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I hope Mike White isnt their solution to the QB question. 

GET THAT DEAL DONE FOR ROSEN OBD

Right, we already have Peterman, why draft another.

I don't see Rosen fitting in here, Allen and Rudolph more likely. 

It will be sad if we have to wait till 2019 to get an elite prospect :(

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah Darnold really should come out. Going back scream Leinhart to me. Though i never like USC QBs anyway

Yeah, but I think many teams didn't feel Leinhart was going to be any good in the NFL. Most scouts think highly of Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

It would cost way too much to get Rosen.  Forget him.

I don't know much about Mike White, but Drew Lock is an interesting prospect.

When I watch Lock, I think of that raw, malleable talent that could benefit from NFL coaching and the ability to learn behind an existing NFL QB. So, if the Bills get a guy like Keenum or trade for A. Smith (insert Dunkirk's revenge here) then a guy like Lock with their second 2nd round pick or their only current 3rd round pick would make a lot of sense. He has all the physical traits you're looking for and put up some gaudy numbers in the SEC this year. That said, his accuracy is suspect and you wonder about the decision making at times. Again, why to me he is the "Mahomes" of the Draft in terms of raw talent but needs to develop the Pro Style capability. His arm talent is exceptional, and I like his moxie but he does need to mature a bit - so even IF he declares, I'm not so sure he's the guy first year in.

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Here is a write-up on Mike White that I found.   Numbers from 2017 are not terribly impressive.  I'd rather have Faulk.  

https://247sports.com/player/mike-white-17419

Fair enough. They are similar. White has a better arm than Peterman. I also think he has a higher upside. I also love Faulk as well. I could see him in a Pats uniform. He seems like their type of QB

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Darnold's performance against OSU just about requires that he goes back so that he can erase that game from draftniks memory.

As I mentioned during that game, his performance vs. OSU won’t budge the needle on Darnold one way or the other. Perhaps to the draftniks you mentioned, but not to anyone paid by NFL teams to evaluate him as a prospect. 

As for him going back to school, if he does that because he loves the college experience, etc. then more power to him. If he’s doing it to improve his draft stock for next year, it’s a mistake. He won’t be any better or worse than the top five prospect he is now. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Estro said:

Darnold is not coming out.

Josh Rosen is going very high & the Bills might be interested in moving up for him.

The Broncos are willing to break the bank for Kirk Cousins.

The Bills are high on Mike White, QB, WKU

Vikings would like to resign Keenum, Bills will be interested if he hits FA.

Many more rumors in the link

All of this according to Eric Galko, of optimum scouting who's usually pretty tuned in.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-baker-mayfield-josh-rosen/k2o3vl3ntwmv130v4xuwokguq

You just crushed Hanging Chads heart.   

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As I mentioned during that game, his performance vs. OSU won’t budge the needle on Darnold one way or the other. Perhaps to the draftniks you mentioned, but not to anyone paid by NFL teams to evaluate him as a prospect. 

As for him going back to school, if he does that because he loves the college experience, etc. then more power to him. If he’s doing it to improve his draft stock for next year, it’s a mistake. He won’t be any better or worse than the top five prospect he is now. 

I think he could simply  go back to get more ready for the nfl, whether it improves his draft position or not. He may feel it is better in the long run. Keeping in mind he hasn’t even played two full seasons of college. He only played 9 games his RS freshman year because Max Brown (who since transferred) originally won the starting job in 2016.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he could simply  go back to get more ready for the nfl, whether it improves his draft position or not. He may feel it is better in the long run. Keeping in mind he hasn’t even played two full seasons of college. He only played 9 games his RS freshman year because Max Brown (who since transferred) originally won the starting job in 2016.

I agree. My point was that even if he develops more as a QB, and he will whether in college or the NFL, he won’t improve his stock much, if at all. The dollar difference would be minimal. 

I would add that if another prospect or two flash and become hot prospects as well next season, it could actually hurt him to wait until next year. 

But like I said, if he loves being a college student athlete and all that experience entails, then more power to him for wanting to stay in school. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We disagree slightly here. He won’t be any better but we’ve seen prospects get hurt by going back (Barkley comes to mind). Darnold should come out and get his money.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We disagree slightly here. He won’t be any better but we’ve seen prospects get hurt by going back (Barkley comes to mind). Darnold should come out and get his money.

Good point. 

But if he has other reasons to stay in school, good for him. 

Edited by K-9

39 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

God almighty I pray we DON'T trade up for Rosen.

I really want the Bills to draft a QB, but they would have to give up too much in order to get Rosen, and I don't think the Bills can afford to do such a thing.

Even if the Bills make some quality signings in free agency, they are going to need to address other areas in the draft.

With Lamar Jackson returning to Louisville and Sam Darnold leaning towards returning to USC, the overall QB class will be thinner with top prospects. The Bills may not have a shot at QB's like Allen, Mayfield, or Rudolph.

The second tier projects may be their only shot. I still like Luke Falk, and think he can be groomed to be a starter in this league.

Just have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just remembered something about Barkley. He was one of those talking head darlings who were insistant that he was a gonna be a high pick after his junior year. I had heard  differently that scouts weren’t enamored with his arm and athletic ability. I think he would have fallen if he had come out early, anyway. Maybe not to the fourth round, but he still would have gone after the likes of Locker, Gabberrt, and Kaepernick. Then again, Ponder was a first rounder, so who knows. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I just remembered something about Barkley. He was one of those talking head darlings who were insistant that he was a gonna be a high pick after his junior year. I had heard  differently that scouts weren’t enamored with his arm and athletic ability. I think he would have fallen if he had come out early, anyway. Maybe not to the fourth round, but he still would have gone after the likes of Locker, Gabberrt, and Kaepernick. Then again, Ponder was a first rounder, so who knows. 

Yeah, I don’t think that Barkley was ever the 1st overall pick that the talking heads thought he’d be. He wouldn’t have went in the 4th though. Jevan Snead is another one that comes to mind. I don’t see Darnold tumbling if he goes back but he’s a lock for the top 5 this year IMO. There are a bunch of QB needy teams picking early. There will be some serious musical chairs this offseason. I suspect that there will be less seats next offseason.