NFL Draft Rumors from Eric Galko

Estro

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good for us! More in the pool.

Yep!

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Go get the pick from CLE. 

The still get their QB at 4

then have two more in the first this year and a 1st next year to go with their other pick

I would think Cleveland would take their QB at #1 and trade #4 if they were thinking about trading out at all.

But, I agree it could be a good trade partner.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

First of all, the Texans made the playoffs last year...without JJ Watt for 13 games and with Brock Osweiler at QB.  Second of all, the Texans jumped up to get Watson after the Chefs jumped up to get Mahomes. 

You have an interesting tact............you say things that SUPPORT my point in a manner where you act like you have COUNTERED my point.:lol:

When you know you have interest in your pick.........obviously a QB trade-up..........do you just take the deal or do you shop it for BETTER options?

Hey Houston.........we have a team that wants to trade up for a QB.......you want to offer us your first round pick?

On paper, Houston was clearly the less likely to be successful team between Houston and KC......the Texans were coming off a 9-7 record with a screwed up QB situation........ and the Chiefs were 12-4 and the second seed in the AFC playoffs and returning the same highly successful coach and QB.     

And if you think how Watson played should be taken into account than WHY NOT JUST DRAFT WATSON? :lol::doh:

30 minutes ago, Manther said:

Yep!

I would think Cleveland would take their QB at #1 and trade #4 if they were thinking about trading out at all.

But, I agree it could be a good trade partner.

What if Dorsey LOVES Mayfield. 

They are not taking him at 1. Instead they move that pick for a haul and still get their guy at 4 

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You have an interesting tact............you say things that SUPPORT my point in a manner where you act like you have COUNTERED my point.:lol:

When you know you have interest in your pick.........obviously a QB trade-up..........do you just take the deal or do you shop it for BETTER options?

Hey Houston.........we have a team that wants to trade up for a QB.......you want to offer us your first round pick?

On paper, Houston was clearly the less likely to be successful team between Houston and KC......the Texans were coming off a 9-7 record with a screwed up QB situation........ and the Chiefs were 12-4 and the second seed in the AFC playoffs and returning the same highly successful coach and QB.     

And if you think how Watson played should be taken into account than WHY NOT JUST DRAFT WATSON? :lol::doh:

Like I said, hindsight is 20/20.  Again, the Texans were a playoff team in 2016 despite a screwed-up QB situation, and with the way Watson ended up playing, if he didn't get hurt, the Texans probably would have made the playoffs again.  That's assuming the Bills never called anyone else than the Chefs about trading down. 

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

What if Dorsey LOVES Mayfield. 

They are not taking him at 1. Instead they move that pick for a haul and still get their guy at 4 

IF I was Dorsey in the current Cleveland situation and you love any of the QBs you take them at #1.

Thats just me.

If you don’t love one that is different.

Cleveland will take their QB of choice 1st overall, and it will be Darnold.  If they were to trade down, the team that trade up takes Darnold, Giants take Rosen, and someone else trades up to 3 and take Mayfield, the Browns are left looking like idiots, again, because they got greedy. 

1 minute ago, Manther said:

IF I was Dorsey in the current Cleveland situation and you love any of the QBs you take them at #1.

Thats just me.

If you don’t love one that is different.

Agree with this. You can’t take the chance that someone trades up to #3 to grab another QB. Then you go from having your choice to taking the 4th Quarterback. It’s unlikely of course, but if Cleveland traded out of #1, it could happen. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Cleveland will take their QB of choice 1st overall, and it will be Darnold.  If they were to trade down, the team that trade up takes Darnold, Giants take Rosen, and someone else trades up to 3 and take Mayfield, the Browns are left looking like idiots, again, because they got greedy. 

Saw a report the other day that the Browns are going to use that #1 pick on Josh Allen. Believe it was a MMQB report. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Saw a report the other day that the Browns are going to use that #1 pick on Josh Allen. Believe it was a MMQB report. 

I'd bet that was assuming Rosen and Darnold didn't declare.

6 hours ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Dunkirk Don said Bills would love to sign Case if our deal falls through with acquiring Alex Smith falls through.

So now you are going to pollute other threads?  Go away already. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

All these diffinitive draft statements in January. I love them every year. And yet every year in draft something happens no one expects. 

This year could be Browns or Giants dealing 1 and 2

Anything is possible, but I'd be willing to bet on Browns taking Darnold and Giants taking Rosen.