Available RBs? Mathews, Jackson, Banyard and....?

ChicagoRic

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How about James Starks? Playoff type physical running style. Went to Buffalo. Not as many miles as some other guys.

Been saying this.  He was in concussion protocol like a year ago but should be good to go.  31, but more like 29 in running back years at this point.  I think he'd definitely be an upgrade over Tolbert and Murphy, and he has more experience than Banyard.

Bills have been taking players off and on roster all season so I am sure they have data on who is available and who is not.

And some players get up to speed a lot faster than others so they can determine who can pick up protection scheme the quickest.

I think the Bills need to be careful at this point with releasing players who can be picked up by other teams in playoffs for inside knowledge but if a player is put on IR then bring someone in.

7 hours ago, bobobonators said:

How the heck we gonna sign and start a FA RB 6 days before a playoff game. He wont know the offense. Wont be able to pass protect. He’ll be a liability more than anything else. I actually liked Murphy. Hes got a second gear. 

fred was the best at picking up the blitz...and how much playbook training involving carrying the rock does one need. he always converts on 3rd down. i think it would be a fantastic story!

7 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Fred was bad 3 years ago. I doubt he’s gotten better over that period. After not playing.

Then again, he’s still an upgrade over Tolbert..

Honestly, Kyle probably has a step on Tolbert in a 40 yard dash.

10 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

When are playoff rosters set?  Are they even allowed to sign anyone at this point?

I think major league baseball is the most restrictive of the 4 major sports.

I believe for the NFL you are allowed to add anybody, even before the Super Bowl.

35 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I think major league baseball is the most restrictive of the 4 major sports.

I believe for the NFL you are allowed to add anybody, even before the Super Bowl.

Correct. What they cannot do in this period is making any type of trades.  If Denver releases Charles today, then the Bills are free to sign him as a FA.  I don't know if Charles would have to go through the waiver wire, in which case the Jaguars could pick up his contract.

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

They gotta sign someone.

cant go into this game with 1.5 running backs.

tolbert is a fullback, and McCoy is injured. Need one more person in case Murphy goes down.

They could sign Jonathan Williams off the Saints practice squad. Lol!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

hey i like this idea. i thought they had put him on their 53.

40 minutes ago, jahbonas said:

Did we ever get a definitive reason for the Jonathon Williams cut? Was it because he didnt want to play special teams?

i thought so at the time and was p o'd.

Banyard seems like a likely option given the time he spent with the team earlier this year. I actually went and looked up where Jonathan Williams was at right meow, thought he was still on Denver's PS but he's on New Orleans active roster at the moment so he's not an option. We should find out later today if they sign anyone as Tuesdays are tryout days for teams. 

5 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Williams is on their active roster right meow. I had the same thought lol.