Poyer and hyde

Hebert19

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Fundamentally sound, instinctual players.  A perfect fit for this defense.  They'd be even better with a more effective pass rush and an upgrade or 2 at LB.

That will get fixed this year, "the year of the Buffalo..."

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD said in the beginning of the year that  LB coach Bob Babich is responsible for Poyer. He was a coach in Cleveland when Poyer was  there and he talked him up as a FA to look at.

Thanks.

No doubt that Whaley was a dead man walking after his infamous press conference. I give him ZERO credit for anything that happened after that day.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched poyer play at Oregon St.  My brother in law is an alum.  He was REALLY good at OSU.  Baller status for sure.  I gave him a 4th 5th rd grade as a FS, 5th 6th as a corner. Always a high IQ guy that seemed to always be around the ball. Reminded me a lot of Jarius Byrd but was a more sure tackler.  Hadn’t seen him play since then.  He’s made good strides and is one of the best signings in recent memory

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

our Dbacks as a whole are top notch.

now Beane has to pull some magic with the front 7 in this offseason.   

we need to burn some higher picks on a Dlineman and a LB

Yep.  Our secondary is going to be good for a while.  Use a bunch of early picks on front 7 and maybe go get a guy like Star in free agency.

10 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I love how Poyer and Hyde have not only been great players, but they seem passionate about their team and teammates. Then throw in goofy Tre White... what a great core secondary with a ton of heart and passion.

This secondary has a chance to be dominant. Poyer, White , Gaines, and Hyde are our best secondary since 2004. Hopefully we can add some more depth in the offseason, there is a huge drop off when Gaines goes out of the lineup. 

On 1/1/2018 at 12:07 PM, YoloinOhio said:

McD said in the beginning of the year that  LB coach Bob Babich is responsible for Poyer. He was a coach in Cleveland when Poyer was  there and he talked him up as a FA to look at.

This is also a pro personnel move, and finding guys from other rosters who fit well with what we do/did, was what Whaley was absolutely best it. It is fair to give him some credit I think.  

On 1/1/2018 at 2:31 PM, CDogg20 said:

I love me some Poyer and Hyde but best duo in the nfl? Idk...have you guys forgotten about Chancellor and Thomas? I think they would be the only duo id put ahead of our guys. 

Chancellor is done according to Carroll so that duo is now an uno

On 1/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, Da webster guy said:

our Dbacks as a whole are top notch.

now Beane has to pull some magic with the front 7 in this offseason.   

we need to burn some higher picks on a Dlineman and a LB

In another thread it was "rumored" that Hughes, a 2nd, and a 4th get us Alex Smith and C.West. I am torn. Upgrade at QB, but like you said front 7 could change this defense, and team completely. Not sure how losing a 2nd/draft capital and our best pass rusher helps that. Especially with all our needs. 

QB, RB2, DT1, DT2 (I think KW returns to a team friendly contract but limited role), CB2/3, MLB, SLB, WLB, RT, RG. WR. 

Just seems like creating a hole for an upgraded QB, but not a long term answer because of age. 

On January 1, 2018 at 9:51 AM, Hebert19 said:

Man these guys were wish great signings.  Their reaction to the cinci TD was raw emotion just like they play on the field.  2 if my fav players...hope we can lock up poyer for a while. 

I think we should start calling them Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde.

Our safety tandem should be referred to as Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde.  I don't mean anything derogatory by that.  I just think it's catchy and would garner them some national attention.  I'd like the Bills to try and sign Gaines, but his asking price has gone up this season.  Another negative is the frequency with which he seems to get nicked up.  If you re-sign Gaines, you still need to try and upgrade or CB depth to guard against injury.

• Like (+1) 1