The Official Blake Bortles Rumor Thread

Fadingpain

With the Jags defense, Tyrod would pry be the perfect fit for the Jags short term (or Alex Smith).  It has to be rare to have two teams playing in a Wild Card game where both teams will be looking to upgrade their QB spot next year.

22 minutes ago, transient said:

I heard his parents were going to name him Blaine, but were too concerned that Blaine sounded more like a major appliance than a name. Oh, and apparently they also think he sucks. 

Should've named him Hoover. 

My aunt used to babysit him when she lived in Oviedo, FL  about 20 years ago.

Said he was a quirky kid.  Has kept in touch with Blake's mom over the years.  I guess he's still quirky.  He's got this thing where he plucks his own hair from his body (only below the neck) and uses the hairs to tie flies.

The part where it gets really weird is that he doesn't fish.  He just calls them "his flies," names them and puts them in individual little cases.

• Haha (+1) 1

He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was a real quarterback. Nobody ever saw him throw or knew anybody that ever caught a pass directly for him, but to hear Marrone tell it, anybody could have caught a pass from Bortles. You never knew what he was doing. That was his power. The greatest trick Bortles ever pulled was convincing the world he was an NFL QB. 

• Haha (+1) 2