Regards and best wishes to Anquan Boldin and Jeremy Maclin

Both of you thought the grass was greener elsewhere. One thought he was better off leaving a so called train wreck to pursue a crusade for racial equality only to resurface later saying "I still want to play".  Bravo Anquan, Bravo!  Now your sitting home watching when you could've been on a playoff team.

And then there's you Mr. Maclin. As much as this city welcomed you and offer you an opportunity to start while your friends Shady and Tyrod sang your praises you decided to go elsewhere. Again under the presumption you would be playing on a playoff contender instead of wasting time on a rebuilding team. How's that working out Jeremy? At least you have that lifetime supply of crabcakes going for you. They'll come in handy while entertaining friends as you watch the Buffalo Bills play in the postseason.

I don't know why I started a thread on these two and maybe I should have just let it go.  I just felt an overwhelming need to vent on how they disregarded the franchise and how upset it made me and other fans. I'm so happy for this team, coach and fan base. In a season where everyone thought, "what are they doing"? They caught the breaks

and broke the curse. What are they doing? Their playing in the playoffs baby!!!!     GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

You have no idea  how this season would have turned out if either one of those players played this season with the team. 

Valid point but it sure feels nice to stick it to those two who decided we weren't good enough for them.  Who's not good enough now...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Both of you thought the grass was greener elsewhere. One thought he was better off leaving a so called train wreck to pursue a crusade for racial equality only to resurface later saying "I still want to play".  Bravo Anquan, Bravo!  Now your sitting home watching when you could've been on a playoff team.

And then there's you Mr. Maclin. As much as this city welcomed you and offer you an opportunity to start while your friends Shady and Tyrod sang your praises you decided to go elsewhere. Again under the presumption you would be playing on a playoff contender instead of wasting time on a rebuilding team. How's that working out Jeremy? At least you have that lifetime supply of crabcakes going for you. They'll come in handy while entertaining friends as you watch the Buffalo Bills play in the postseason.

I don't know why I started a thread on these two and maybe I should have just let it go.  I just felt an overwhelming need to vent on how they disregarded the franchise and how upset it made me and other fans. I'm so happy for this team, coach and fan base. In a season where everyone thought, "what are they doing"? They caught the breaks

and broke the curse. What are they doing? Their playing in the playoffs baby!!!!     GO BILLS!!!

awesome burnnnnnnnnn.

Love that Beane didn't let go of Boldin's rights - and said we made a commitment to him, and he made a commitment to us.  Perfect

11 hours ago, SDS said:

You have no idea  how this season would have turned out if either one of those players played this season with the team. 

...absolutely true, but here's how I see it:

RESPECT:Maclin-selected what he thought was his best opportunity; certainly no fault there

NO RESPECT: Boldin-he just FLAT OUT QUIT after 10 days for some "higher calling"; turns out that number was quickly disconnected

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...absolutely true, but here's how I see it:

RESPECT:Maclin-selected what he thought was his best opportunity; certainly no fault there

NO RESPECT: Boldin-he just FLAT OUT QUIT after 10 days for some "higher calling"; turns out that number was quickly disconnected

I agree with this completely. 

Maclin never signed. He did nothing wrong but choose another employer. Some feel as though he rejected them personally, and that's more on that individual than Maclin 

I hold no grudge against Maclin.  Players always choose what they think is the best fit and I don't remember him being disrespectful to Buffalo in any way when choosing to go elsewhere.

Boldin on the other hand got what he deserved.   Had he said upfront that the changes made him feel that Buffalo was no longer the opportunity that he thought it was after the trades, it would have sucked but been at least honest and understandable at the time.   Instead he fabricated a spiritual calling to be on a social justice crusade which apparently was going to take place in Florida or Boston as soon as the playoff hunt came around.   Sorry Boldin, your loss, not ours.  

Edited by dgrochester55

I wonder hiw Anquan feels now.  Lying to everyone when he quit on us about social change of whatever, but we all know he quit because Sammy got traded and thought we were in the toilet.

Eat it, and you still can't play in the NFL because we own your rights. Nana nana boo boo.

I feel better now.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree with this completely. 

Maclin never signed. He did nothing wrong but choose another employer. Some feel as though he rejected them personally, and that's more on that individual than Maclin 

...would be interesting to know if Boldin ever accepted ONE RED CENT......

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I love this post.

This week is when we all bash the **** on all of the people who wronged and hated on the Buffalo Bills. Yes, we lucked into the playoffs. So what? Yes, we may get blown out on Sunday. Don't even care.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I love this post.

This week is when we all bash the **** on all of the people who wronged and hated on the Buffalo Bills. Yes, we lucked into the playoffs. So what? Yes, we may get blown out on Sunday. Don't even care.

It's just the playoffs. I was more excited than I thought I'd be when they made it, but it's just the playoffs.

This doesn't wipe away the years of mismanagement and all of the losing, getting blown out on Sunday does matter. 

Let's make this a routine and not in the Texans way of getting blown out in the playoffs in the wildcard. 

Winning the Superbowl is when you can talk ****, talking **** about a wildcard spot makes you look like a pathetic loser.

Nothing personal because I usually like your posts I think, just completely disagree on this.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's just the playoffs. I was more excited than I thought I'd be when they made it, but it's just the playoffs.

This doesn't wipe away the years of mismanagement and all of the losing, getting blown out on Sunday does matter. 

Let's make this a routine and not in the Texans way of getting blown out in the playoffs in the wildcard. 

Winning the Superbowl is when you can talk ****, talking **** about a wildcard spot makes you look like a pathetic loser.

Nothing personal because I usually like your posts I think, just completely disagree on this.

Nah, Super Bowl title means you can talk **** forever (or at least for a decade or so).

Breaking a 18-year playoff drought means we can be obnoxious as all hell for this week only.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Nah, Super Bowl title means you can talk **** forever (or at least for a decade or so).

Breaking a 18-year playoff drought means we can be obnoxious as all hell for this week only.

Lol I guess we'll agree to disagree. I just don't want a blow out

• Like (+1) 1