Who is unimpressed by the 2018 QB class?

njbuff

Anyone but Allen!

Under 57% completion and over 600 career attempts NFL guys include Ryan Lindley, Andrew Walter, Derek Anderson, Christian Hackenberg, Kyle Boller, Jake Locker, Jevan Snead, Joey Harrington, Tom Savage

Ugly group Josh Allen is a part of.

This happens every year because everyone expects 3-4 finished products coming out which just never happens.  In terms of talent, this class has just as much going for it than any other draft I can remember in the past 10 years and we could still see 3-4 good QB's come out of the class but yeah, most of them will require some work to get their like in every draft.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:21 PM, Success said:

I respect your POV and there are quite a few who really like Cousins, but that is one guy I do not understand the buzz for.  So average, imo.

Only thing making him look average is the Redskins FO. If 13000 yards in 3 seasons is average please sign me up for average then.

Kirk Cousins lost his Pro Bowl TE, two best running backs, 2 1,000 yard WRs to free agency, dealt with an inept Terrelle Pryor and played behind 12 offensive lineman this season. Despite that, he finished with 4,100 yards and only Brady and Brees have more completions of 20+ yards. 

On 12/31/2017 at 11:08 AM, njbuff said:

This class could be MAJORLY overhyped.

What do you think?

And does this force the Bills hand to sign Cousins since this class could be unimpressive?

I still think this is a good class...could be quite deep actually.  There will be guys going in the 2nd and 3rd round that could have been 1st rounders last year.  

The shine is definitely worn off on Darnold, and I was one who came into the season like many drooling over his potential.  But after watching him all year, he doesn't look ready and should go back to school another year.  However, that probably means he should come out because he will still be a top 10 pick if he does...but if he goes back and has another year like this, he could go the way of Brian Brohm where going back another year dropped him to the 2nd round after not having a great season.  

He has become this years Jake Locker.  Kid who looked like a sure fire top 5 pick the year before, if not the top pick...but went back to school and had a less than stellar year and saw his shine wear off.  Not saying his career will be the same in the NFL, just the situation.  

There was a ton of hype going into this year about this QB class but I have serious concerns about each one of them. Rosen is definitely the most ready but his mental makup and injury history (concussions) scare the crap out of me. Darnold took a step back. Mayfield has average talent but great production. Allen has an intriguing arm but accuracy concerns always scare me. Jackson is intriguing but he's a project. 

Last year I was against taking Trubisky high due to a serious lack of experience. I wasn't a fan of Watson due to his accuracy and arm strength. I loved Mahomes due to his arm strength, accuracy and mental makeup and I didn't care about the air raid stuff (Goff and Keenum are looking pretty good from an Air Raid system). Trubisky looked like a rookie but the Bears weren't doing him any favors. Watson gained a ton of garbage stats but far exceeded my expectations and may end up actually being a very good QB. Mahomes had only one game but looked much better than Trubisky has and looks like he could be very good but the jury is still out.

I still think, if a team loves a QB then they should take him unless they have an elite QB on the roster already.