Who is unimpressed by the 2018 QB class?

njbuff

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This class could be MAJORLY overhyped.

What do you think?

And does this force the Bills hand to sign Cousins since this class could be unimpressive?

....don't they all end up being overhyped?.....wasn't the 2017 battle cry "wait 'til next year"?..............

I think that every QB coming out this year has their warts.  Darnold has been inconsistent, Rosen is all beat up, and the rest all seem to be getting mixed reviews.

If anything, I don’t think this is the year to “mortgage the farm” and move up for that franchise guy.  So yes, I think this forces Buffalo to make some kind of QB move in FA.

• Like (+1) 2

It is still markedly better than the 2017 class IMO

Rosen and Darnold pretty much have displayed no interest in going to Cleveland so it didn't surprise me to see Rosen sit out his bowl game and USC unimpress 

those 2 guys are still better NFL prospects than Trubisky and the like . Not to mention Baker and the guy that a lot of scouts love in josh Allen and Lamar Jackson 

Then there is a whole host of round 2-4 guys

Edited by Buffalo716

I think it's a good QB class.

This is the Bills year to get their guy in the 1st rd. if they want to unless they want to wait to see what next year holds. Too many draft picks.

Sam Darnold

Mason Rudolph

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Finley

Josh Rosen (not sure about him)

Josh Allen

9 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The only guy i want is Rosen, although i would take Allen as a project QB if he drops to the later rounds.

My guess is Allen climbs up the charts throughout the off season and ends up in the top 10 on day one. He will be like Flacco who was originally projected as a third rounder and then shot up the board after the season ended.

Tyrod for starter next year guys will of course call this class unimpressive. 

Every year it's the same old story, wait till next year it's a better class. Recliner GMs know this guys or that guys will fail, how many knew for sure Watson was a bust before the draft. It is sad how many times the Bills avoid drafting big on a QB, I am sure it has aided the longest playoffless streak in all of sports. Your not ever going to be a playoff team with other teams backup QBs as your starter.

Edited by xRUSHx

As I’ve said Rudolph, Ferguson and Finley  are in the Bills wheel house as far as potential picks. Not to mention all 3 of them looked solid in their Bowl games.

This isn’t a response of who’s better... just wondering if anyone pays attention to those 3.

I think Darnold stays at USC, Rosen goes top 2, Allen goes shortly after and Mayfield goes top 15. No to Jackson.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My guess is Allen climbs up the charts throughout the off season and ends up in the top 10 on day one. He will be like Flacco who was originally projected as a third rounder and then shot up the board after the season ended.

Allen needs way too much work, no thanks

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

As I’ve said Rudolph, Ferguson and Riley are in the Bills wheel house as far as potential picks. Not to mention all 3 of them looked solid in their Bowl games.

This isn’t a response of who’s better... just wondering if anyone pays attention to those 3.

I think Darnold stays at USC, Rosen goes top 2, Allen goes shortly after and Mayfield goes top 15. No to Jackson.

My top 4 are 

Rosen

Rudolph

Mayfield 

Darnold 

In that order.

Stay away from Jackson/Allen

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Next year's class will be even better!

Always next year's class, it is why we never have a potential franchise QB. Tannahill isn't all that but is better then nothing while Miami looks for better, in fact he even got them to the playoffs once. QB driven league and some fans will never pull the trigger on one because no one ever is good enough as a prospect. This team is forever doomed if they continue to avoid it.