Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

If you like true crime stories, talked about by the agents that were involved, but you don't have a lot of time, check out FBI True on Paramount+.  True stories from the FBI, in half hour episodes.  I've only watched one episode so far and I'm hooked. 

20 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Just watched the Bill Burr movie on Netflix, Old Dads.  It was alright.  Had some funny moments but not as good of a movie as I was expecting 

I agree.  There were some funny moments, and it started well, but most of the movie just seemed drawn out and “forced.”  After a while, I found the woke hyperbole to be quite irritating.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree.  There were some funny moments, and it started well, but most of the movie just seemed drawn out and “forced.”  After a while, I found the woke hyperbole to be quite irritating.  

Yeah the "edginess" wore off pretty quick and just became very repetitive.  Thought the movie started out decent and the ending was ok but the middle of the movie was pretty dull.  I also believe Comedy movies in general have fallen off a cliff for at least the last decade if not longer 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been watching the new Frasier reboot(if that's what you wanna call it) on Paramount, after the first two episodes I didn't think it was very good and had low expectations but since then every episode keeps getting and better.  Not as good as the original but for today's standards worth checking out if you were a Frasier fan or just like sitcoms in general.  

• Agree 1

Me n the gal both liked The Light You Cannot See' on Netflix.  Very lovely story, but maybe a small bit of over-production/trying too hard - which mildly broke the illusion at points.  I'm becoming a big fan of Lars Eidinger, and he's a lot of terrible fun in this show. 

just discovered recently there's a Criterion Collection channel.  To everyone's delight, YES, they do in fact still offer Ingmar Bergman's 'Seventh Seal', but tonight I watched 'Le Mans' with Steve McQueen. 

Released in 1971, it is a gorgeous film.  The cars are amazing, but the racing cinematography is just perfection.  What they did in the last 20-30 minutes of the racing scene just makes you realize what professionals can really do, and what an army of computer graphics people can only still approximate.  The race scene from 50+ years ago, done with real cars, holds its own today- granted a few cuts in the crashes don't have the modern technology to smooth things out, but the photography often easily surpasses most GoPro's finest moments.   

Trading off some old-world cringy race PA system announcements vs. some cringy acting, and CGI reliance in Ford vs. Ferrari, 'Le Mans' is a better film, though both are fun if you appreciate auto racing that goes both left AND right.