Jane Fonda turns 80 today

Another Fan

46 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What she did transcended political choice.

It was treason, and people got hurt for it.

Patently false.  Do some research and educate yourself before spewing what you've "learned" from others.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Patently false.  Do some research and educate yourself before spewing what you've "learned" from others.

"“If a prisoner tried to escape, it is quite understandable that he would probably be beaten and tortured.”

That was said by an individual and it was said regarding US POWs held by the North Vietnamese.

That individual also made radio broadcasts at the behest of Radio Hanoi, during the war.

That individual also posed for a picture on an anti aircraft gun. She later claimed she had no idea what she was doing.

Her "apologies" came coincident with movie openings that protesters were recommending be boycotted.

She gave aid and comfort to an enemy during a war.

I have "educated" myself on this puke.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Pete said:

that is the question.  I never thought I would want a 80 year old.  But Jane looks pretty damn good.  Especially after a few drinks

Related image

13 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Considered a GILF then if so?

Yep to both of these...damnit i dont know how to insert a picture!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Click  in the text box to add reply, select the picture then drag and drop it into the text window. 

If it doesn't autoload it will ask you for the link 

Thank you!..now how do i make it smaller:unsure:

figured it out..just used smaller picture!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

"“If a prisoner tried to escape, it is quite understandable that he would probably be beaten and tortured.”

That was said by an individual and it was said regarding US POWs held by the North Vietnamese.

That individual also made radio broadcasts at the behest of Radio Hanoi, during the war.

That individual also posed for a picture on an anti aircraft gun. She later claimed she had no idea what she was doing.

Her "apologies" came coincident with movie openings that protesters were recommending be boycotted.

She gave aid and comfort to an enemy during a war.

I have "educated" myself on this puke.

Posing for pictures and speaking to the "enemy," do not qualify as treason.  As for your quote about prisoners trying to escape, that has nothing to do with an actress posing for some photos.  That would hold true for any POW held by any country during any war.

She went there as a human being and spoke with other human beings, including seven U.S. POWs who all agreed to speak with her.

She spoke about/against some of the tactics used by the U.S. military that were targeting civilians (human beings) and spoke about the impact.

Lastly, at the time of her visit, the "war," was all but over.

You, and so many like you, are so pissed off at this woman who never put anyone in harm's way, but never like to speak out against the pigs who sent our (barely) men into a no-win situation and nearly imminent death.

But yeah .... Jane Fonda is the devil.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Posing for pictures and speaking to the "enemy," do not qualify as treason.  As for your quote about prisoners trying to escape, that has nothing to do with an actress posing for some photos.  That would hold true for any POW held by any country during any war.

She went there as a human being and spoke with other human beings, including seven U.S. POWs who all agreed to speak with her.

She spoke about/against some of the tactics used by the U.S. military that were targeting civilians (human beings) and spoke about the impact.

Lastly, at the time of her visit, the "war," was all but over.

You, and so many like you, are so pissed off at this woman who never put anyone in harm's way, but never like to speak out against the pigs who sent our (barely) men into a no-win situation and nearly imminent death.

But yeah .... Jane Fonda is the devil.

You don't get to judge what constitutes treason.

US Constitution Article 3 Section 3.

"or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Jane Fonda did exactly that when she agreed to participate in Radio Hanoi propaganda programs.

She didn't speak "to" the enemy, she spoke "for" the enemy, and she didn't offer any hint of remorse for such ill advised stupidity until there was an economic component.

You have no idea of what i don't like to "speak out against."

It matters not a whit when she did it in the context of that war.

She did it while US servicemen were being held in North Vietnamese torture camps.

She has/had no idea what was being targeted and why, and I know exactly what her claim was.

Further, your claim in a previous post that I should:

"Do some research and educate yourself before spewing what you've "learned" from others, " I challenge as well.

I would suggest that you "learned" it from others as well.

Where I "learned" it was from people I served with as a light attack pilot in the Pacific Fleet.

In case you don't know, that is the group that delivered weapons during that war, and a number of them ended up in POW camps.

On my first cruise, a good deal of the more senior officers, 04 and above, all served in Viet Nam, and knew all about what her actions caused.

In addition, it was discussed at SERE school, (POW) school.

I trust those people more than any others I have ever met, and certainly trust their judgement more than some ignorant young woman empowered by noting other than celebrity, who hadn't any clue what the hell she was doing.

And I don't consider her the "devil."

She was just a typical self absorbed idiot in way over her head.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You don't get to judge what constitutes treason.

US Constitution Article 3 Section 3.

"or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Jane Fonda did exactly that when she agreed to participate in Radio Hanoi propaganda programs.

She didn't speak "to" the enemy, she spoke "for" the enemy, and she didn't offer any hint of remorse for such ill advised stupidity until there was an economic component.

You have no idea of what i don't like to "speak out against."

It matters not a whit when she did it in the context of that war.

She did it while US servicemen were being held in North Vietnamese torture camps.

She has/had no idea what was being targeted and why, and I know exactly what her claim was.

Further, your claim in a previous post that I should:

"Do some research and educate yourself before spewing what you've "learned" from others, " I challenge as well.

I would suggest that you "learned" it from others as well.

Where I "learned" it was from people I served with as a light attack pilot in the Pacific Fleet.

In case you don't know, that is the group that delivered weapons during that war, and a number of them ended up in POW camps.

On my first cruise, a good deal of the more senior officers, 04 and above, all served in Viet Nam, and knew all about what her actions caused.

In addition, it was discussed at SERE school, (POW) school.

I trust those people more than any others I have ever met, and certainly trust their judgement more than some ignorant young woman empowered by noting other than celebrity, who hadn't any clue what the hell she was doing.

And I don't consider her the "devil."

She was just a typical self absorbed idiot in way over her head.

Thank you for your service.

She was an activist during the Vietnam war; hardly alone.  She didn't cause anything bad to happen to any U.S. soldiers and she didn't commit treason.

I don't agree with what she did, but I certainly don't believe that she had any power whatsoever to have any negative impact - nor do I think that was her goal.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thank you for your service.

She was an activist during the Vietnam war; hardly alone.  She didn't cause anything bad to happen to any U.S. soldiers and she didn't commit treason.

I don't agree with what she did, but I certainly don't believe that she had any power whatsoever to have any negative impact - nor do I think that was her goal.

Don't thank me for my service. 

You have absolutely no idea what she caused.

Tokyo Rose was convicted of doing exactly what this moron did, there just wasn't any appetite for pursuing it, and I'm glad it turned out that way. 

I don't give a rat's ass what her "goal" was, nor do the people who were impacted in any way, and I'm quite certain you don't either.

One thing I do know is that her crap was used, and used against people who were in POW camps during her idiotic "altruistic" campaign.

Don't thank me for my service. 

Why do you not wish to be thanked for your service?

And Tokyo Rose got railroaded.  It was complete BS that she was ever charged and her conviction was based on lies.

Edited by Gugny

I am quite familiar with the Tokyo Rose issue.

What matters is what is written in the Constitution Article 3 Section 3.

Re: Tokyo Rose, I see you're not going to go with facts in this one, either.  Not even going there.

So tell me why you don't like to be thanked for your service.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

tokyo rose got railroaded?

she worked as a propagandist for a regime that committed war crimes of the highest order!

I really want to get Shmegma's response about why he doesn't like to be thanked for his service before this goes to PPP.

But she was subsequently pardoned and later recognized (awarded) by the WWII Veterans Committee.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Re: Tokyo Rose, I see you're not going to go with facts in this one, either.  Not even going there.

So tell me why you don't like to be thanked for your service.

The specifics of the Tokyo Rose issue don't matter.

What matters is what is written in the US Constitution re treason, and that case is precedent.

That is what applies to this self absorbed actress, and that is what you have, in my view, erroneously commented on.

Edited by sherpa