Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

56 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How come it didn't take Robert Woods or Sammy's roast that long to cook? They both came out of the chute catching the football.

It's this simple. Some guys take time and some guys don't. Depends on the oven the size of the bird ...

Was Randall Cobb a bust because he was unproductive as a WR in his rookie year with Rodgers throwing to him? Nelson Agholor produced Zay-like numbers his first year. Bust? Enunwa? Hell, Alshon Jeffery had 367 yards his first year. Tyrell Williams had 90 yards.

The ones who take time aren't busts. Only the failures are busts, and you find that out around the third year. The only exception is guys who are out of the league earlier than that. They're busts too, of course.

Edited by Thurman#1

Whats mystifying is a great college career, and we moved up to get him in the 2nd round.

Something is wrong and it could be one or more things  on a long list, but what?

There are good actors who are great in films, but get stage fright in the theatre, so stay away from it.

Is he afraid of the NFL atmosphere, and freezes up when trying to catch the ball?Just one of so many

many theories.

• 3 months later...

I posted this on December 17 and there seemed to be a difference of opinion on the topic. I don't know if anyone

has changed their opinion, but if "trust the process" is winning at all cost, why trade Sammy for nobody (Gaines is

now out of Buffalo, and Dareus traded for practically nobody), you would think that management would want

at least high character guys instead of whatever nonsense went on with Zay.

I doubt anyone will ever know the exact truth of  what went down with this guy that day, but I guess when the only

real WR  you have, is one having surgery this off season, then you have to "trust the process" with Zay.  

I have no concerns with Jay as of now. His freshman NFL year was forgettable but many WR's take a year or 3 to find there A game in the NFL.

If after 2 years he can not show a big swing upwards in improvement then and only then would I want to have a discussion about Jay and his NFL career.

In other words WAY WAY WAY WAY to early to be having 10 page discussions about his lack of an NFL career.

5 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I posted this on December 17 and there seemed to be a difference of opinion on the topic. I don't know if anyone

has changed their opinion, but if "trust the process" is winning at all cost, why trade Sammy for nobody (Gaines is

now out of Buffalo, and Dareus traded for practically nobody), you would think that management would want

at least high character guys instead of whatever nonsense went on with Zay.

I doubt anyone will ever know the exact truth of  what went down with this guy that day, but I guess when the only

real WR  you have, is one having surgery this off season, then you have to "trust the process" with Zay.  

"Trust the process" is not winning at all costs. It's being smart about building for now and the future.

It's trading Sammy for a 2nd round pick (not "nobody") and trading Dareus because his cap figure was disgusting.

This thread needs to die. Zay had a bad first season, so did Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Wes Welker, Joe Horn, etc... some WRs take time. Calling him a bust already is ridiculous.

Clown Thread Bro. It was a rookie season probably a little worse than normal NFL WR learning curve with the drops but you can't make the statement yet. I don't care what east Carolina's competition level was you don't have the production that he had without being a worker.

Edited by BeefCurtns

For McDermott to call what Zay did a "unfortunate situation" and "our plan is for Zay to continue to remain a Bill",

at the same time not addressing the WR and TE positions at all since the season ended is very mystifying,

because whatever QB is throwing the ball, needs weapons to throw to, and unfortunately we may just have

this situation be the worse in the NFL. I also recall Clay not being sound enough to practice much, Benjamins

surgery, Zay and really nothing else also of NFL quality.  

Just now, Foreigner said:

For McDermott to call what Zay did a "unfortunate situation" and "our plan is for Zay to continue to remain a Bill",

at the same time not addressing the WR and TE positions at all since the season ended is very mystifying,

because whatever QB is throwing the ball, needs weapons to throw to, and unfortunately we may just have

this situation be the worse in the NFL. I also recall Clay not being sound enough to practice much, Benjamins

It just sucks that Free Agency is over and the draft is behind us.

!@#$ing Beane.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:24 AM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm quite sure they also called Jerry Rice a bust those 1st 2 years in San Fran were brutal for him, he dropped many passes also so we know that can change, it just needs to click for him and it doesn't help that we have a glorified runningback throwing to him.

Jerry rice averaged like 18 yards a catch as a rookie with like 900 yards

his second season he was a 1st team all pro with over 1500 yards and 15 TDs...

he was a stud from day 1 regardless of what people say in hindsight 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jerry rice averaged like 18 yards a catch as a rookie with like 900 yards

his second season he was a 1st team all pro with over 1500 yards and 15 TDs...

he was a stud from day 1 regardless of what people say in hindsight 

He meant Simeon Rice....he had zero catches his rookie year!

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

wow! Foreigner...I really like your songs...however you seem to have a very dark view of our future!! btw, what day is today, that makes you talk about our WR corps like this is how we will start the season?? :wub: