Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

19 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Thats catchable???

Catchable? Zay should have had it without question. Watch the 2nd angle in particular. Tyrod was mostly very accurate yesterday. If he could be consistently that accurate he would be a top 10 passer. Big if though. 

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Which pass was out of bounds and uncatchable, this one?

Looks overthrown to my eyes.  

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Catchable? Zay should have had it without question. Watch the 2nd angle in particular. Tyrod was mostly very accurate yesterday. If he could be consistently that accurate he would be a top 10 passer. Big if though. 

The Taylor excuses have to stop. 

How many passes behind the LOS ended up in near disaster Yesterday?  

There were at least 2 plays that I posted in the GDT that should be scrapped from the playbook and never seen again.  

The 2nd half passing was abysmal compared to the first.  

Guess when TT threw his first pass to Zay.   Mid 3rd QTR.  

18 minutes ago, nucci said:

hard to call a rookie a bust but the expectations were higher and he has disappointed.

This is true,   but I can and have said that  Sammy was also a disappointment.    

Mostly very accurate :thumbsup:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Looks overthrown to my eyes.  

He throws those routes too flat. If he leads Zay upfield just a bit more, rather than making it so he has to change angles then that's any easy completion, or at the very least Zay drops it after it hits him in the hands.

Calling a pass that a guy running full speed for, has to make a diving attempt at (and the ball is still out of reach) "accurate" is typical for this place I guess.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Because people want to blame anyone but TT?

just asking 

When you compare Zay’s catch percentage to the other Bills receivers it’s night and day. You can make it a QB issue if it makes you feel better but he’s been, by far, the worst receiver on the roster. 

I kinda think the entire offence has struggled this year to the point I am not worried about being focused on a rookie WR. Besides when you throw young guys on the team you sort of have to be understanding of the struggle.

I guess people bust sometimes or the term "bust" wouldn't exist. Look at the bright side he hasn't been injured 5 times this year. I guess when he's the only one on offence not playing to a desired level I'll be more critical. I do understand the concern but your pointing at the white spec in the pile of chicken poo.

I don't even think the wide receivers on this team get enough targets that his one target and drop a game is really effecting the big picture. Like yea his drop in the game against the Panthers hurt but that wasn't the real reason we lost that game. It's just the reason we didn't win. 

The entire offence was a bust in a few games this year for sure. My only beef is trading up. You just can't give up extra picks for a dude that will struggle.

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When you compare Zay’s catch percentage to the other Bills receivers it’s night and day. You can make it a QB issue if it makes you feel better but he’s been, by far, the worst receiver on the roster. 

Sadly, this. I think we all should expect more from the NCAA receptions leader in 2016. You would think with that many receptions he would have known howto catch the ball and out-work a defender for it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s been painful for sure, but for some reason I’m still pretty optimistic. Go Zay!

• Like (+1) 2

He seemed to have turned the corner before his knee injury.  Then he started losing snaps to Deonte and that drop yesterday will only see him losing more snaps.   Its a disappointing turn of events.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Welcome to the Buffalo Bills passing game.   

Inconsistency is the key that failed this team.    

I’ve read this thread with people trying to pin Zay’s struggles on TT. After asking, why everyone else has been significantly better no one has responded. I believe in Zay still, but with that being said, he’s been arguably the worst WR in the NFL this season. That’s not hyperbole either.

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve read this thread with people trying to pin Zay’s struggles on TT. After asking, why everyone else has been significantly better no one has responded. I believe in Zay still, but with that being said, he’s been arguably the worst WR in the NFL this season. That’s not hyperbole either.

I agree. It's not Taylor, it's been all on Zay. He needs to figure it out soon. A monumental disappointment at this point. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I agree. It's not Taylor, it's been all on Zay. He needs to figure it out soon. A monumental disappointment at this point. 

It’s tough to evaluate a possession receiver with a 37.5% catch percentage because of Tyrod. He should get a pass. We should be grateful that it is that high. 0:)

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes, it is a real shame Zay isn’t as good as the seasoned veterans. 

If only ..... 

Yes, it is a real shame Zay isn’t as good as the seasoned veterans. 

He’s been the worst receiver in the league!! He has 70 targets and 25 catches!! He only averages 11 yards a catch!! That is pathetic. I’m not positive but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the first receiver in history to have only 25 catches on 70 targets. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That becomes a conundrum.  The true worst WR didn't see the field, quickly got benched, and/or is out of the league.  Zay may be the worst receiver in the NFL who was just good enough to get enough playing time and snaps in order amass a mind bogglingly low catch percentage. 

Alternatively, the worst receiver to get 70 targets.  He's blowing Donald Jones out of the water in almost catching the ball, that's for sure.

Edited by Jauronimo

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s been the worst receiver in the league!! He has 70 targets and 25 catches!! He only averages 11 yards a catch!! That is pathetic. I’m not positive but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the first receiver in history to have only 25 catches on 70 targets. 

How many are catchable balls?

You keep ignoring that part.  

He’s  had passes thrown his way that were 10 yards away and guess who gets tha tag of being targeted?

Certainly not TT.  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

That becomes a conundrum.  The true worst WR didn't see the field, quickly got benched, and/or is out of the league.  Zay may be the worst receiver in the NFL who was just good enough to get enough playing time and snaps in order amass a mind bogglingly low catch percentage. 

Look at these guys compared to him: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr. There are only like 5 guys under 50% and none under 46% and he’s sitting at 37%. It’s been awful.

How many are catchable balls?

You keep ignoring that part.  

He’s  had passes thrown his way that were 10 yards away and guess who gets tha tag of being targeted?

Certainly not TT.  

You are missing the point!! There are 74 players with at least 50 targets. See the stats above.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Zay sucks.    

And so does the so called QB throwing to him.  

Take your L and go home. Don’t try to come to a thread about a guy playing terribly and blame someone else. The guy you are trying to defend is ranked last of all qualifying receivers and has a historically bad catch rate. Pick your battles!! If you want to complain about Tyrod go to one of the thousand threads here of people complaining about him. Don’t try to scapegoat him for Zay’s failures. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah I said it and I will continue to until he is no longer on this team. 

And you’ll continue to bring nothing to the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

You want data?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5amqs8/most_uncatchable_throws_exc_batted_balls_and/

Most uncatchable throws (exc. batted balls and throwaways) 1. Joe Flacco 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Jameis Winston 4. Brock Osweiler 5. Derek Carr

Top 5 highest uncatchable throw %

# 1.  Tyrod Taylor (24.35%)

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

What did you say? Nobody really listens to you.   

:D

Story of my life. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

You want data?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5amqs8/most_uncatchable_throws_exc_batted_balls_and/

Most uncatchable throws (exc. batted balls and throwaways) 1. Joe Flacco 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Jameis Winston 4. Brock Osweiler 5. Derek Carr

Top 5 highest uncatchable throw %

# 1.  Tyrod Taylor (24.35%)

Story of my life. 

Are you married?  

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You want data?

...and I gave you the advanced stats that don’t even factor in drops!! They factor in what other players would do with the same opportunity. Zay Jones is having one of the worst years a receiver has ever had. Go back through the previous seasons on there. Look for guys that have been worse. You can make excuses for everyone to blame Tyrod because you are incapable of judging what is going on. Tyrod has had a bad year. Zay Jones is having one of the worst seasons a player has ever had!! Learn the difference

Now you are behind a huge ass because I say Tyrod sucks. 

Bravo Kirby.   

My rep points indicate otherwise.  

You get rep points because you post all of the time!! I’ve said that Tyrod has been bad. I’ve also said blaming him for Zay being historically bad isn’t going to keep those rep points going up.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I said Zay sucks.  

So does Taylor.   I’m waiting for your agreement.   

Most uncatchable throws (exc. batted balls and throwaways

Taylor doesn’t suck. He’s an okay starting QB. We should certainly upgrade but you can’t have a winning record in the NFL and suck. You can score 4 times as often as you turn it over and suck. You can’t lead 2 top 10 DVOA and scoring offenses and suck. Sorry, you are wrong. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

First person to brag about their rep points loses

I loved it!! I knew that someone would point to their rep points like some sort of measuring contest. The people that post the most have the most rep points. It isn’t an indication of your content.