More from obd

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know, I honestly haven't watched much of him this season. Most analytical guys I follow seem to agree that he isn't doing anything more than he's done in previous seasons, but now he has good coaching and good supporting talent. IMO Thielen is the most underrated receiver in the league right now. But I can't argue with those stats and maybe he's progressed late in his career, it wouldn't be the first time in history. I wouldn't necessarily hate the move but I wouldn't expect anything great to come of it. Eventually the Bills need to shoot for a consistent top 10 QB and Keenum isn't that.

Keenum is a combination of heat and massive inexplicable improvement. But make no mistake, he has lots of 50-50 plays that have gone in his favor.

He will regress. The question is how much?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dunkirk Don said:

Cannot go to a gun fight with a pee shooter, the cupboards were bare. We got rid of how many players. It wa just great coaching and a lot of luck on our turnovers

Defense caused those turnovers by playing well and hitting hard

32 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Agree, I would not want to be like the browns but let’s be honest here, we have overperformed.  The boys at obd wanted to be competitive but they had no plans to be this good.  Like I have posted several times, they tried to slow it down by starting peterman ( I did call it) but he played so bad if he didn’t go back to Taylor McDermott would have lost the locker room. That is why I posted Taylor is starting the rest of the year, playoffs of no playoffs.

I guess my source was right again. Thanks for sharing.  The guy is amazing

He saved he Vikings season.  He wasn’t bad before.  He is a competitor and accurate. Give him time and he is dangerous see Alex Smith and cousins.  We are thinking the right way

What is overperforming? Giving 110% 120%?  Makes no sense.

Did they exceed expectations? Yours maybe, but preseason predictions mean nothing.  I expected them to battle for a playoff position this season.

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We are looking for a game manager, we believe that the defense will carry us

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

5 picks in first three rounds. If they are after a game manager they won't be using more than one of those picks on a QB.  Also, Free Agency could help improve the D as well.

McD is a Defense guy.  He will get the players to run his system effectively.  I would bet this draft will be Defense heavy early, specifically LB, DT, CB and DE.

The ceiling is 9 wins if the strategy from McBeane moving forward is to win with tight defense, running the ball, and not turning the ball over. I would hope the GM would reign in the HC and remind him that an excellent offense combined with enough defense is the better way to go. 

Last off-season McD revamped the secondary with two UFA safeties, drafted a starting CB, and traded for another CB.  What they lost on offense (Watkins, Woods, Goodwin) far exceeded their additions (Dawkins, Benjamin). So if they're going defense heavy in UFA and the draft I would expect the offense to be even more pedestrian.

This has been a down year in the AFC and for OBD to expect that defense will win is asinine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dunkirk Don said:

Thought it was interesting we already had the information and now cbs is reporting. It is cool to beat the story

Its not a story and no one is reporting it.  It’s a MOCK draft.  Anyone can create one.  Literally there are millions on the internet.

Are you playing dumb on purpose?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its not a story and no one is reporting it.  It’s a MOCK draft.  Anyone can create one.  Literally there are millions on the internet.

Are you playing dumb on purpose?

He's not playing

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

The ceiling is 9 wins if the strategy from McBeane moving forward is to win with tight defense, running the ball, and not turning the ball over. I would hope the GM would reign in the HC and remind him that an excellent offense combined with enough defense is the better way to go. 

Last off-season McD revamped the secondary with two UFA safeties, drafted a starting CB, and traded for another CB.  What they lost on offense (Watkins, Woods, Goodwin) far exceeded their additions (Dawkins, Benjamin). So if they're going defense heavy in UFA and the draft I would expect the offense to be even more pedestrian.

This has been a down year in the AFC and for OBD to expect that defense will win is asinine.

Jake Delhomme fever - catch it!

Wow, really people, think Spagnola and have fun with it.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It was right before, yes. Still, Nix was the GM. Not sure if he was at the game or not.

Point being we were going to take a qb so top guys went to the games of folks we were interested in. 

DD, have any Bills front office folks been to bowl games to look at top picks?

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

You spew too much venom. Everyone reading this thread understands your opinion. Your insults are tired and hypocrytical.

I spew venom?  That is funny. 

Have you read DC Toms posts?

I know 2 people with actual inside sources and both tell me DD is full of it. 

I can choose to believe 2 people that have been on this board for years or  I can believe a newbie spouting common sense info as fact. 

Easy choice. 

I’ll be back in another hour or so to read all the love ❤️ 

DD based off everything I've read and seen from you/major media sources this is where I fall with the Bills and correct me if I am wrong:

-Belief is Bills just need a QB who can manage the game given belief in defense and with Zay/Benjamin offense is not as far away as it seems.

-The defense showed shades of its true potential this season and this draft/FA will most likely be used to bring in DE, DT, & LB to strengthen line and pass rush. If Hughes doesn't shape up he is out because they can get someone in FA/draft for better price

-Main fix on defense is the front 7 with secondary overhaul working out quite well. Milano's arrival will help the focus more be on DE/DT

-Only thing that alters this would be if the Bills somehow could land a trade to either jump the draft board for Rosen/Darnold OR Cousins comes here as you have hinted

-Dennisons future is basically connected to either Cousins arrival or a playoff birth although importance to the former.

-Assuming Bills don't land Cousins/Top QB they want a guy in the mold of Alex Smith, Case Keenum, or Sam Bradford who is that safe game manager that hits more passes then Tyrod but will not make turnover killing plays.

-Shady is probably here another year unless a player like Barkley falls to them, but expect a decent backup to arrive that may be the heir apparent

-Longterm QB future is see if Peterman can learn the job behind Smith/Bradford/Keenum, if not you have the 2019 draft available where the team has the defense strengthened and offense in the place where a rookie QB can be succesful.

-Stadium is the only area I disagree and still say its downtown where Pegula has bought so much property. IF it were not to be there my guess is either in Niagara Falls or an area by the 90/Blue Water tower that still would be considered "Buffalo". No way Batavia would ever get the respect for being Buffalo name wise. Stadium design and surrounding area sounds on point, no secret Pegula admires what Kraft has done and would love to mimic that around here.

Respectfully my .02

37 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Whaley wasn't a GM when Glennon was being scouted.

Okay

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

DD based off everything I've read and seen from you/major media sources this is where I fall with the Bills and correct me if I am wrong:

-Belief is Bills just need a QB who can manage the game given belief in defense and with Zay/Benjamin offense is not as far away as it seems.

-The defense showed shades of its true potential this season and this draft/FA will most likely be used to bring in DE, DT, & LB to strengthen line and pass rush. If Hughes doesn't shape up he is out because they can get someone in FA/draft for better price

-Main fix on defense is the front 7 with secondary overhaul working out quite well. Milano's arrival will help the focus more be on DE/DT

-Only thing that alters this would be if the Bills somehow could land a trade to either jump the draft board for Rosen/Darnold OR Cousins comes here as you have hinted

-Dennisons future is basically connected to either Cousins arrival or a playoff birth although importance to the former.

-Assuming Bills don't land Cousins/Top QB they want a guy in the mold of Alex Smith, Case Keenum, or Sam Bradford who is that safe game manager that hits more passes then Tyrod but will not make turnover killing plays.

-Shady is probably here another year unless a player like Barkley falls to them, but expect a decent backup to arrive that may be the heir apparent

-Longterm QB future is see if Peterman can learn the job behind Smith/Bradford/Keenum, if not you have the 2019 draft available where the team has the defense strengthened and offense in the place where a rookie QB can be succesful.

-Stadium is the only area I disagree and still say its downtown where Pegula has bought so much property. IF it were not to be there my guess is either in Niagara Falls or an area by the 90/Blue Water tower that still would be considered "Buffalo". No way Batavia would ever get the respect for being Buffalo name wise. Stadium design and surrounding area sounds on point, no secret Pegula admires what Kraft has done and would love to mimic that around here.

Respectfully my .02

Well done. I agree with you. The stadium will not be in Batavia or at the falls. As soon as my investment group closes the deal I will let u know too much Johnny cash involved 

41 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Whaley wasn't a GM when Glennon was being scouted.

I never said he was I did. I have too many important things to discuss rather than bs

Who are our top six free agent targets? Please post. I would be interested to compare your guesses against our information 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Keenum is a combination of heat and massive inexplicable improvement. But make no mistake, he has lots of 50-50 plays that have gone in his favor.

He will regress. The question is how much?

Yeah I wouldn't expect him to replicate his stats from this year. I also don't think Dennison is the right OC, he hasn't shown an ability to get the best out of his players. I hope DD's earlier info about the Bills pursuing Mike Sullivan for OC is correct. He coached Eli Manning during his best years including the Super Bowl so I think he could maximize what Keenum can do.

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I spew venom?  That is funny. 

Have you read DC Toms posts?

I know 2 people with actual inside sources and both tell me DD is full of it. 

I can choose to believe 2 people that have been on this board for years or  I can believe a newbie spouting common sense info as fact. 

Easy choice. 

I’ll be back in another hour or so to read all the love ❤️ 

Yes DC Tom spews venom. You are no DC Tom. And Tom knows when to stop. You do not, evidently. 

So, now you have inside sources? I assume that you are joking on that statement?

You can choose to believe what you want, and FWIW, I agree that DD has not yet proven to be credible, but you can be civil none the less. Why be a butt? I have no doubt that DD is a Bills fan just like you and I 

• Like (+1) 2