More from obd

7 hours ago, mead107 said:

You are way off base.   And like I said I know what is going on.  

Bills Never had any contact with Washington.  

As of Christmas Day. 

But, but, but his source said...his...his source said...his source said *Water Boy voice*

39 minutes ago, Heitz said:

My sources say this is a file photo of DC Tom:

8Mmcg.jpg

Please confirm or deny.  CONFIRM OR DENY!! :beer:

My sources say that's about as close as you can come to being accurate without violating the TOA of membership for this site.

Edited by transient

4 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We are looking for a game manager, we believe that the defense will carry us

We had one of the best defenses in the league in 2014, and a game manager that was better than Tyrod didn't carry us enough. In fact, that whole team was pretty stacked, yet we still didn't do anything with it. 

Skipping on a QB yet again is just foolish.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BigDingus said:

We had one of the best defenses in the league in 2014, and a game manager that was better than Tyrod didn't carry us enough. In fact, that whole team was pretty stacked, yet we still didn't do anything with it. 

Skipping on a QB yet again is just foolish.

Do you actually think EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton were more effective QBs than Tyrod?? I'm not even going to try arguing with that. Look at stats, like any efficiency stat at all.

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

With the broncos now  targeting Josh Allen and Darold and Rosen going 1 and 2,  the jets love Baker Mayfield, we now have a new number one target at quarterback according to my source for the draft.  Drew Locke is now our number one target if we draft a quarterback. From notes.  Good pocket passer, love his size. 

Wow, I've never hoped anyone was wrong more than I have right now. Locke is not that good... 

I mean, if we get him in the 3rd or something I wouldn't HATE it, but man considering the QB's in this draft it'd be a shame to walk away with Locke.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Josh Rosen to the Jets at 7 & Baker Mayfield to the Bengals at 10? If both of those happen, I'll be pretty upset (especially Rosen to the Jets). If they're on the board that long, and the Bills don't pull the trigger on a trade up to grab one of them, it'll be pretty painful.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Don has said the Cousins deal has hit a snag.  

Meaning he he is now covering his bases and could be right on either account.   

Would that snag be "No one negotiates off-season trades during the season?"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

No, we never read that bull crap, that is for casual fans to spark excitement and sell tickets.  We are into hard news not stuff anyone can find in the internet 

But you haven't given any hard news throughout this thread. In fact, most everything you've said is extremely vague barring a few things reported elsewhere. Everything else is purely speculation.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

John Elway and Matt Russell were.

And of course he didn't respond to this post.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Beyond the obvious truth 

he’ll tell us tomorrow naturally.  

The most generous interpretation of his posts on the topic is that he's confusing "gauging interest" with "negotiating a trade."

Which still makes him too stupid for any halfway intelligent and professional person to share any information with him.

And note, that's the most generous interpretation.  I am not that generous.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The most generous interpretation of his posts on the topic is that he's confusing "gauging interest" with "negotiating a trade."

Which still makes him too stupid for any halfway intelligent and professional person to share any information with him.

And note, that's the most generous interpretation.  I am not that generous.

No, Tom you are not.

Well at least to idiots. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Who are our top six free agent targets? Please post. I would be interested to compare your guesses against our information   At the movies. Star wars

I have a life.  Will pass on would we are trying to sign long term tomorrow 

As if you have the answers. 

Comedic gold,  Jerry!

24 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Wow, I've never hoped anyone was wrong more than I have right now. Locke is not that good... 

I mean, if we get him in the 3rd or something I wouldn't HATE it, but man considering the QB's in this draft it'd be a shame to walk away with Locke.

Josh Rosen to the Jets at 7 & Baker Mayfield to the Bengals at 10? If both of those happen, I'll be pretty upset (especially Rosen to the Jets). If they're on the board that long, and the Bills don't pull the trigger on a trade up to grab one of them, it'll be pretty painful.

I agree Locke is not a 1st round QB based on issues, but he had 41 TDs in the SEC...his main issue is "gunslinger mentality" which coincides with his 58% completion rate, not great...but, his arm is full 1st round capable, and he's done it against truly great talent...so he wasn't facing sub-par Defenses and he has the other tangibles and intangibles you're looking for what it comes to competitive edge, height, etc. So, if the Bills use their second 2nd round pick on him, it's in line with the fact that QBs always go at least one round early. Hell, Mahomes was given a 2nd round value by the Draft Advisory Board and we know what happened there....so, Bills go DT / LB in 1st, and DE or Offensive line in 2nd with their first 2nd round pick, it's good and if Locke is there with their next pick, it's decent value. Also, this presumes a guy like A. Smith or Bradford or whomever is a Vet to come in and take the team through Locke's first season as he works on those polish and development issues.

45 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Trapasso is clueless as heck. That guy doesn't know 1 thing about football. His mock drafts are awful.