More from obd

This just in.  As previously reported the new stadium would be open air my source has now confirmed the stadium will have a retractable roof but the majority games will be played in open air  not sure of the criteria to close the roof,  good for the fans for those December games but we give up our home field advantage.  This makes sense because they want to use the stadium year round. Good for local community economy but traffic congestion seems to be big concern   Let’s keep discussion on football today so we can all enjoy 

Edited by Dunkirk Don
  • Like (+1) 1

The operation of retractable roofs are subject to the ground rules set by the NFL. Retractable roofs are installed in the home fields of the Cardinals, Colts, Cowboys, and Texans. In 2017, this will include the Falcons. These procedures are covered in the league’s policy manuals, not in the rulebook.

Pregame procedure

Up to 90 minutes prior to kickoff, the home team must notify the referee or the designated representative from Football Operations whether the roof will be open or closed for the game. If the roof needs to be moved into that position, this must be completed before team warmups.

If the roof is open, and there is incoming hazardous weather (such as lightning or high wind), the referee will consult with Football Operations and the stadium manager about a decision to close prior to the game. If it begins raining before the game, that can be done immediately.

Changing the roof during the game

Inside 90 minutes to kickoff and during the game, the decision on the roof may not be changed except by the referee or by Football Operations.

If the game has already started, an open roof may be closed up to 5:00 of the fourth quarter if it begins to rain or if there is a threat of incoming hazardous weather. The referee makes the decision, in coordination with Football Operations, as to when the roof closes. This gives the referee the ability to factor in the current game situation and to make the transition at an equitable time, barring any emergency situation.

The game will continue to be played as the roof is closing, unless play is suspended under the usual emergency procedures.

After 5:00 of the fourth quarter and through overtime, the roof will remain open if it rains, and will only be closed if a public safety concern is involved. 

Once the roof is closed, either in pregame or during the game, it cannot be reopened. No NFL game has had a reversal of the pregame roof decision, or even the possibility of doing so; more often than not, the roof will be closed if there is a forecast of bad weather.

9 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

This just in.  As previously reported the new stadium would be open air my source has now confirmed the stadium will have a retractable roof but the majority games will be played in open air  not sure of the criteria to close the roof,  good for the fans for those December games but we give up our home field advantage.  This makes sense because they want to use the stadium year round. Good for local community economy but traffic congestion seems to be big concern   Let’s keep discussion on football today so we can all enjoy 

How do we give up home field advantage? Still playing at home

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Let’s keep discussion on football today so we can all enjoy 

I don't think there's one person that's posted in this thread or who has read this thread that wouldn't enjoy keeping the discussion about football but that requires you to not post crap that's made up, speculation or conjecture. Can you do that? When you can, the discussion will remain about football.

Just now, nucci said:

How do we give up home field advantage? Still playing at home

Curious minds want to know.  

Domes are louder are they not? 

More fans would attend cold games in December and hopefully January.  

Do they have natural grass in domes? I’m pretty sure “someone“ said the Bills will go from turf to grass again.   

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Wow you really know me,you would think we are neighbors or something ;)

BTW you still didn't answer my question.

Im pretty sure this response is going to far to complex for you to understand but here goes. I didnt say he shouldnt be on the field. What I am saying is you cant run Tolbert wide. Hes neither fast enough to get the edge nor agile enough to cut back. Hes also not a very good receiver. Dont think you need a degree from Yale to figure that one out. Hes the last guy Im throwing a slant to. Thurman in his prime? Slants all day long. Mike Tolbert? Last guy Im throwing to ever. Well see if Dennison survives the offseason. No worries though. Im certain the hoodie is chomping at the bit to hire him as his new OC. Probably gonna make him assistant head coach as well.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Do they have natural grass in domes? I’m pretty sure “someone“ said the Bills will go from turf to grass again.   

.....Arizona does......the field is actually a giant tray that they can roll outside to tend to the grass............

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I don't think there's one person that's posted in this thread or who has read this thread that wouldn't enjoy keeping the discussion about football but that requires you to not post crap that's made up, speculation or conjecture. Can you do that? When you can, the discussion will remain about football.

Wot a difference it would be if he said 

I’d like to see ...... 

instead of “my fictional source” said.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah, don't get that part....The Cardinals have grass field in their stadium.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Arizona does......the field is actually a giant tray that they can roll outside to tend to the grass............

I don't think that would work in Buffalo. There aren't nearly enough $11 workers to shovel the snow away from the stadium so it could be rolled out and grass is pretty dormant this time of year in the NorthEast

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Did you know that 60% of women wear the wrong size pad? You have to get the most comfortable pad that yet also is consistent with your flow.

#Facts

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Of course, we all know Dunkirk Don is claiming and inside source that pertains to all of the alleged inside information he has posted.  If all of it is what he says it is, then of course it provides a rare window into the operations at OBD.  If none of it is, DD has put in an irrational amount of time and effort for a mere hoax.  If you think that is the case, why have you bothered following the thread?  To me it seems like the third option (posting some true stuff and some made up stuff) is the most unlikely of all possibilities.  Why on earth would he do that?

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

f you think that is the case, why have you bothered following the thread?  To me it seems like the third option (posting some true stuff and some made up stuff) is the most unlikely of all possibilities.  Why on earth would he do that

Because, as it was mentioned before 

a good laugh is better than arguing the abilities of TT and the 50 different ways the Bills might back their way tor the WC. 

Also people tend to reply to the most active threads at the top of the page. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes?  To what?

thanks for nothing Obfuscation Don 

You posed two questions.  The first one appeared to be rhetorical since virtually everybody believes domed (or partially covered) stadiums are louder than open stadiums.  Therefore, while it is likely DD would agree that the stadium would be louder for being partially covered, his primary answer was almost certainly to your second question.  If it is kept mostly open most of the time, I think a natural grass surface is possible.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Of course, we all know Dunkirk Don is claiming and inside source that pertains to all of the alleged inside information he has posted.  If all of it is what he says it is, then of course it provides a rare window into the operations at OBD.  If none of it is, DD has put in an irrational amount of time and effort for a mere hoax.  If you think that is the case, why have you bothered following the thread?  To me it seems like the third option (posting some true stuff and some made up stuff) is the most unlikely of all possibilities.  Why on earth would he do that?

I follow the thread because this has been the funniest, most mind boggling entertaining thread I have seen in a very long time. Even your support of Don is very amusing as is the other supporters rushing to his defense. It amazes me that some people are so gullible. You just keep on slingin it at me and the non believers that call Don out. It keeps us entertained and fueled to keep coming back.

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Exactly! Domes are so much louder. If you go to a game in Arizona, I had the chance last year, you will walk out with your ears ringing and those people aren't nearly as passionate about football as Bills fans. A dome would bring more people out to cold games and would be the loudest stadium in the league by far. It's already considered one of the louder ones when everyone is jacked up for a game and it's outside!

From a business perspective, they can say they would keep the dome open for football in the winter but they won't. Just think logically, if they got a huge snow storm, the logistics of getting the snow removed or trying to open the dome with all the snow on top of it, not going to happen. That just doesn't make sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1