More from obd

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

His source is an X employee of the Bills that has an ax to grind

No, I believe he said his source is a friend of his he hunts with in Arkwright that is an ex employee and that guy's source is a disgruntled current employee that has an ax to grind because he's going to be fired. So Don supposedly gets his information 3rd hand and then posts it here.

8 minutes ago, ducej11 said:

Exactly! Domes are so much louder. If you go to a game in Arizona, I had the chance last year, you will walk out with your ears ringing and those people aren't nearly as passionate about football as Bills fans. A dome would bring more people out to cold games and would be the loudest stadium in the league by far. It's already considered one of the louder ones when everyone is jacked up for a game and it's outside!

From a business perspective, they can say they would keep the dome open for football in the winter but they won't. Just think logically, if they got a huge snow storm, the logistics of getting the snow removed or trying to open the dome with all the snow on top of it, not going to happen. That just doesn't make sense.

My guess is if it's a retractable roof, it will be closed most games. I went to a Bills Texans game the 1st season at their new stadium....it was cloudy and 70...perfect for a game and the roof was closed

Edited by nucci

14 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

You posed two questions.  The first one appeared to be rhetorical since virtually everybody believes domed (or partially covered) stadiums are louder than open stadiums.  Therefore, while it is likely DD would agree that the stadium would be louder for being partially covered, his primary answer was almost certainly to your second question.  If it is kept mostly open most of the time, I think a natural grass surface is possible.

Now that is a proper answer 

thank you sir. 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

My guess is if it's a retractable roof, it will be closed most games. I went to a Bills Texans game the 1st season at their new stadium....it was cloudy and 70...perfect for a game and the roof was closed

I think this is the norm with most stadiums with retractable roofs in the NorthEast. I also love Baseball and go to Toronto a couple of times each summer. Unless the weather is perfect, the roof has been closed. I bet I've seen 50 games there and can count on one hand the number of times the roof was open.

The retractable roof allows for maximum viewing pleasure. My investment group is pumped with the news. It will increase the value of our investment since the building will be used year round. The multi-plex shopping entertainment environment is going to be great for the surrounding Greater Buffalo area.  It will bring money from Rochester and Canada into our local economy. Everyone wins.   The stadium will also feature the latest and greatest in technology.  Cannot even imagine what the technology will be in six years.  I know one feature will be wireless connection to the national feed of the game so you can actual be live at the game and listen to the commentary if you like.  My dad would also bring a radio to the game and listen to the commentary. For fantasy owners, can you imagine being able to have access to all that information too.  I wonder if new era will keep their naming rights.  I still refer to the current stadium as the Ralph 

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The operation of retractable roofs are subject to the ground rules set by the NFL. Retractable roofs are installed in the home fields of the Cardinals, Colts, Cowboys, and Texans. In 2017, this will include the Falcons. These procedures are covered in the league’s policy manuals, not in the rulebook.

Pregame procedure

Up to 90 minutes prior to kickoff, the home team must notify the referee or the designated representative from Football Operations whether the roof will be open or closed for the game. If the roof needs to be moved into that position, this must be completed before team warmups.

If the roof is open, and there is incoming hazardous weather (such as lightning or high wind), the referee will consult with Football Operations and the stadium manager about a decision to close prior to the game. If it begins raining before the game, that can be done immediately.

Changing the roof during the game

Inside 90 minutes to kickoff and during the game, the decision on the roof may not be changed except by the referee or by Football Operations.

If the game has already started, an open roof may be closed up to 5:00 of the fourth quarter if it begins to rain or if there is a threat of incoming hazardous weather. The referee makes the decision, in coordination with Football Operations, as to when the roof closes. This gives the referee the ability to factor in the current game situation and to make the transition at an equitable time, barring any emergency situation.

The game will continue to be played as the roof is closing, unless play is suspended under the usual emergency procedures.

After 5:00 of the fourth quarter and through overtime, the roof will remain open if it rains, and will only be closed if a public safety concern is involved. 

Once the roof is closed, either in pregame or during the game, it cannot be reopened. No NFL game has had a reversal of the pregame roof decision, or even the possibility of doing so; more often than not, the roof will be closed if there is a forecast of bad weather.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

You posed two questions.  The first one appeared to be rhetorical since virtually everybody believes domed (or partially covered) stadiums are louder than open stadiums.  Therefore, while it is likely DD would agree that the stadium would be louder for being partially covered, his primary answer was almost certainly to your second question.  If it is kept mostly open most of the time, I think a natural grass surface is possible.

There is only one retractable roof stadium in the NFL with grass--University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona... and they actually have a "floating" field Track that rolls outdoors in order to grow the grass outside.

That doesn't seem like an option in WNY.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Amazing that we have all of this specific stadium information without anything leaking about financing, land / traffic studies, architectural designs, etc.  

I'm still voting clear fixed roof, with big doors that open ala US Bank Stadium.  Sadly my vote holds NO sway :D 

13 minutes ago, ducej11 said:

From a business perspective, they can say they would keep the dome open for football in the winter but they won't. Just think logically, if they got a huge snow storm, the logistics of getting the snow removed or trying to open the dome with all the snow on top of it, not going to happen. That just doesn't make sense.

Well said Duce Business decisions

No snow and 30 degree day dome open. 

No snow and - 15 degree day dome open or closed?

Frozen snot on players faces always looks cool. 

16 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

No, I believe he said his source is a friend of his he hunts with in Arkwright that is an ex employee and that guy's source is a disgruntled current employee that has an ax to grind because he's going to be fired. So Don supposedly gets his information 3rd hand and then posts it here.

right his sources is ex player personnel guy and that guys source is probably a Pod friend still left in the org

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Amazing that we have all of this specific stadium information without anything leaking about financing, land / traffic studies, architectural designs, etc.  

I'm still voting clear fixed roof, with big doors that open ala US Bank Stadium.  Sadly my vote holds NO sway :D

Very specific details about the stadium. Very vague details about where it will be

5 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Very specific details about the stadium. Very vague details about where it will be

At the end of January. As soon as we close on our property I will pm you with the location.  It will shock you. Right under your nose. U will kick yourself for not connecting the dots and buying land.

Back to football, we can all agree we must upgrade at our running back position. Tolbert is done.  Cadet reminded me of Kenny davis.  Good change of pace back.  Drop off from Thurman but still very good.  I know Shady needs a rest but why we insist on giving Tolbert the ball defies logic.  It would be better for Taylor to take a knee. We would lose less yards.  The Bills have identified two backs that they will target.  One is a a free agent the other we would have to trade for. We see the bills waiting for draft day and letting the team move up in the draft for him. Both are not superstars but huge upgrade over Tolbert and could carry the load for a few games if Shady pulls a hammy

I always thought during the glory days, the Marino led dolphins were at a disadvantage traveling to the Ralph in December same with the raiders.  It gave us a huge advantage.  It is what made the packers division the black and blue division. Now two domes in the division not the same

Edited by Dunkirk Don

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

At the end of January. As soon as we close on our property I will pm you with the location.  It will shock you. Right under your nose. U will kick yourself for not connecting the dots and buying land.

Back to football, we can all agree we must upgrade at our running back position. Tolbert is done.  Cadet reminded me of Kenny davis.  Good change of pace back.  Drop off from Thurman but still very good.  I know Shady needs a rest but why we insist on giving Tolbert the ball defies logic.  It would be better for Taylor to take a knee. We would lose less yards.  The Bills have identified two backs that they will target.  One is a a free agent the other we would have to trade for. We see the bills waiting for draft day and letting the team move up in the draft for him. Both are not superstars but huge upgrade over Tolbert and could carry the load for a few games if Shady pulls a hammy

Have you already listed the top 6 free agent targets? I might have missed it but you were going to compare with what someone else posted as what they thought the top 6 targets would be.

Just now, papazoid said:

after all the trouble shoveling snow out of current stadium...

i'd say chances are 99% likely the new stadium has a retractable roof

It will.  We are not debating that.  That has been confimed

Just now, ducej11 said:

Have you already listed the top 6 free agent targets? I might have missed it but you were going to compare with what someone else posted as what they thought the top 6 targets would be.

I will we are working on another breaking story right now.

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I like Cadet but if they want to invest a few dollars and hurt an opponent Dion Lewis would help this team a lot.  According to spotrac he is a free agent . 

4 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

How in hell are people supposed to buy property already in the process of being purchased?