More from obd

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I heard Zimmer compare Case to Warner with regards to late development.  He is going nowhere.

...nothing like breaking news rocket science, right?.....

Keenum-healthy

Bridgewater- possibly healthy, but still unknown

Bradford-seriously UNhealthy

........a real conundrum (COUGH) for the Vikes.....

4 hours ago, McBean said:

I don't want Rico fired or think he needs to be.

It's not his fault the QB stinks.

You could have Pat Shurmur here calling plays and this offense would still stink.

Is the QB calling FB screens in the red zone?

Is the QB running Mike Tolbert wide like he's the same back as McCoy?

Is the QB splitting Tolbert out wide and having him run slants so the ball can hit him in his belly and bounce away?

Is the QB thinking he is smart by getting cute with the play calls in the red zone? 

This is not a one-sided problem. The QB is flawed, but the OC also is. He's shown, on many occasions this year, why he hasn't called his own plays ever before.

Edited by JM57
Autocorrect gets you every time
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I love Zim, but that's a bogus comparison. Keenum struggles with deep passing. 

That’s why I said the comparison was in regards to both being late bloomers, not skill set.  Obviously two different types of players.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

That’s why I said the comparison was in regards to both being late bloomers, not skill set.  Obviously two different types of players.

He's been pretty darned good this season, but certainly didn't look that great in his last game at GB.  I'm not sold on his long term viability. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Hey Don, what’s the word on Mayfield1 from OBD? Sorry I missed it if already mentioned

....that he'll probably go in the 1st......

We don't like him in the 1st round. We like him in the 4th round but we aren't targeting Mayfield because he's not on our radar so we'll take him in the 3rd or 4th round unless someone else takes him.

Edited by RobH063
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:
4 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Name the gm that goes to the college bowl games?  Who was in attendance to watch Josh Allen?  

What do I win?

Nothing because they aren't there for the game. They went to buy an RV from Camping World to park in one of the spots at the new stadium

Edited by RobH063
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

We don't like him in the 1st round. We like him in the 4th round but we aren't targeting Mayfield because he's not on our radar so we'll take him the 3rd or 4th round unless someone else takes him.

....you can't even begin to understand how much this insider info is reassuring.......so if I add it all up, we'll give up BOTH 1sts and BOTH 2nds this year and our 2019 1st for Cousins, pay him 30+ mil a year and can STILL draft Baker in the 4th?......talk about dying and going to heaven......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
8 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

We don't like him in the 1st round. We like him in the 4th round but we aren't targeting Mayfield because he's not on our radar so we'll take him the 3rd or 4th round unless someone else takes him.

....you can't even begin to understand how much this insider info is reassuring.......so if I add it all up, we'll give up BOTH 1sts and BOTH 2nds this year and our 2019 1st for Cousins, pay him 30+ mil a year and can STILL draft Baker in the 4th?......talk about dying and going to heaven......

See, I was right again. A full two days before you read it.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

you guys are getting it now!