Alright, who wants a dome?

Roundybout

Dome??  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pegs build a dome?

The majority of the players in the NFL are from southern states.  It would be easier to convince them to play in Buffalo, if Buffalo had a dome, not to mention the possibility of getting a super bowl and the potential revenue for the city/area.

I’m pro-dome, I enjoy watching other teams play in the snow, but today’s game was hard to watch.

26 minutes ago, frogger said:

The majority of the players in the NFL are from southern states.  It would be easier to convince them to play in Buffalo, if Buffalo had a dome, not to mention the possibility of getting a super bowl and the potential revenue for the city/area.

I’m pro-dome, I enjoy watching other teams play in the snow, but today’s game was hard to watch.

Right, I want to see precision passes, Shady cutting on a dime or juking a guy out of his jock, even a 50+ yard FG is kind of exciting. 

Sure today was cool for a series or 2 then I was like ok I want to see some skill moves and plays.

Need a dome.

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

No I wouldn't. I'd be pissed the BUFFALO Bills didn't win the best snow game ever. That's what I'd be pissed about. 

Yeah, because the Bills are used to playing games with 8 inches of snow on the field.  No one plays in conditions like we played today. 

How many snow games have there been in Buffalo in the last several years?

Tasker, who's played quite a bit of football in Buffalo, said it was the worst he's ever seen.

Perhaps people are over reacting bit to the conditions?

This is how football should be played.  The elements should be part of the game.   Yeah, speed andprecision may suffer, but strength, coaching, mental fortitude become part of the game.  IMO, this was one of the most exciting games I've seen in years.   The refs let the teams play for once and the players fought tough as hell for the full game. There was an element of the unknown to every kick, pass, or run.  It was exciting and fun to watch.

No way should any team have a dome. 

Plan and simple, put a dome on this game and no one remembers it.  The weather made the game today.

Everyone remembers the 2007 snowbowl.  NE vs the Raiders for the start of their dynasty.  It's better when the elements are involved even when it could have been against us.  I watched a game today like a kid remembering what it was like to go out and play pick up ball with my friends in the snow.  Just felt right.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Of course football was meant to be played this way.  Especially in Buffalo.  You frigging panzies.  Ask Green Bay fans if they want a dome.

The Buffalo Bills playing in a dome is sacrilege.  Might as well move them to frigging Toronto.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Oh, you haven't remotely defended it.  You've stated your opinion...but your defense hasn't risen above "Snow spoiled my television viewing experience," which is well beyond stupid.

/clap

People indoors laying on their couch complaining. /smh

https://i.imgur.com/gxcvDID.gifv

Edited by QCity

I'm shocked how many voted for a dome.

I would have guessed the vote would be something like 185 No vs. 20 Yes

This is Buffalo, but there must be a bunch of fans from fair weather areas.

I just can't imagine watching that game and being unhappy with it.

9 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Trash product?

Fun game, enjoyable and memorable for all.

It wasn't like a video game, but this is what separates football, they don't wimp out at the first drop of rain or flake of snow.

What is that last sentence even referring to? They don't wimp out? As opposed to?

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Plan and simple, put a dome on this game and no one remembers it.  The weather made the game today.

Everyone remembers the 2007 snowbowl.  NE vs the Raiders for the start of their dynasty.  It's better when the elements are involved even when it could have been against us.  I watched a game today like a kid remembering what it was like to go out and play pick up ball with my friends in the snow.  Just felt right.

Nothing you said here means anything. Maybe another meaningless game in December where the Bills are in the hunt is forgettable. Reminds you of playing pick up with your friends and just felt right... All are solid points.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What is that last sentence even referring to? They don't wimp out? As opposed to?

As opposed to baseball was what I was thinking of particularly.

A drop of rain falls within 10 miles and they're calling games off.

NASCAR applies too I guess but that one makes sense with driving 200mph and all.

9 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

As opposed to baseball was what I was thinking of particularly.

A drop of rain falls within 10 miles and they're calling games off.

NASCAR applies too I guess but that one makes sense with driving 200mph and all.

I guess that's fair. I don't really feel too strongly one way or the other. If the team is good they'll be worth watching, inside or outside. The way the rules favor the offense, a team built for a dome playing in a dome seems like the way to build in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Nothing you said here means anything. Maybe another meaningless game in December where the Bills are in the hunt is forgettable. Reminds you of playing pick up with your friends and just felt right... All are solid points.

Apparently it meant enough for you to comment on it.

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah as opposed to actual good football i guess. 

I'm personally opposed to a monoculture in which every goddamn thing is the same and their is no room for quirks and oddness, like snowy venues in relatively unique cities. I'm not sure if you're from Buffalo, but I'd venture to guess that most here are and that they root for the CITY, with the team and sport being incidental. If the Bills left Buffalo, I'd never watchan NFL game again.

• Like (+1) 1