If gronk isn't suspended...

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I suppose so... But all the other owners have rallied against him. They don't like division like that. I don't find it a coincidence that when his problems with the league started intensifying the video leaks of him saying something to a fiance that her fiance will be sleeping with a black woman tonight and their was a black guy in the video.

The league will go dirty.

I do find it funny though that your initial post could apply to both Jerry's outside of the owner/media specifications you gave.

I hadn't put that together. I did wonder why the video surfaced after so long a time had gone by.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I hadn't put that together. I did wonder why the video surfaced after so long a time had gone by.

As much as it makes me look like a conspiracy guy, I'm really not. But that video, with all the racial undertones surfaced at a really convenient time and it seemed like Jerry went real quiet since then.

It could be a coincidence, but the timing seemed odd. I don't know what to think anymore with all this stuff going on. Anyways I kinda derailed the topic, my bad.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, Do The Reich Thing said:

I don’t know if this has been noted, but the worst thing about this BS is the fact that the Pats color guy actually condoned what Gronk did. Listen to the call from Pats radio perspective and he praises Gronk after he does it!!! Ridiculous stuff!!

I can't write it here but there is a term for Pats and Red Sox fans.

It starts with Mass

NFL NETWORK GAME DAY PRIME

Prime Time just said there should be no suspension for gronk!!!

He said an green didn't get suspended for a lot worse... commentator noted that green did however get ejected from the game.

Edited by BillsFan692

53 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Is the Gronk hit at the same level of severity as this one?

1) Well after play

2) player (a) not looking

3) intent to injure

4) actual injury

mcmahon.gif

It's a different era, and I get your point. But going by your criteria, it meets all of them. The only questionable one is Gronks intent to injure him, and the only reason I question that is because I question his intelligence. He might be like one of those big dogs that playfully jump on you and don't realize their weight.

And I don't mean that in the complimentary way to give gronk a pass, like he's the lovable frat boy idiot. I hate those !@#$ing dogs. They're annoying and stupid.

I swear as God as My witness...if the Patriots win the Superbowl this year I am Boycotting NFL. Ill start watching College Games because they are fighting for Something. After Jimmie Johnson won his 7th championship in NASCAR...i just stopped watching that too...just too much of the same thing...over and over again...Like Triple H and Roman Reigns in Wrestlemania. In my opinion it's all about who slides the fatter Manila Envelope under the door Saturday evening. I will say this of the Patriots, without Brady and Gronk That team is shittier than the browns(Pun intended). So im just biding my time...waiting for that day to come...because when that day does come their is going to be a newer and bigger dog at the top of the pile...BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, 3rdGenBillsFan said:

I swear as God as My witness...if the Patriots win the Superbowl this year I am Boycotting NFL. Ill start watching College Games because they are fighting for Something. After Jimmie Johnson won his 7th championship in NASCAR...i just stopped watching that too...just too much of the same thing...over and over again...Like Triple H and Roman Reigns in Wrestlemania. In my opinion it's all about who slides the fatter Manila Envelope under the door Saturday evening. I will say this of the Patriots, without Brady and Gronk That team is shittier than the browns(Pun intended). So im just biding my time...waiting for that day to come...because when that day does come their is going to be a newer and bigger dog at the top of the pile...BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!

I can't tell whether it's youthfulness or actually drunkenness but I'm oddly envious of this outlook

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's a different era, and I get your point. But going by your criteria, it meets all of them. The only questionable one is Gronks intent to injure him, and the only reason I question that is because I question his intelligence. He might be like one of those big dogs that playfully jump on you and don't realize their weight.

And I don't mean that in the complimentary way to give gronk a pass, like he's the lovable frat boy idiot. I hate those !@#$ing dogs. They're annoying and stupid.

The big difference is the status of the players. Sad truth. 

I do think the NFL won't do enough, even though this could have resulted in worse than just a concussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The big difference is the status of the players. Sad truth. 

I do think the NFL won't do enough, even though this could have resulted in worse than just a concussion. 

I think we're on the same page but I'm not sure. When I saw it real time, I expected nothing but a fine and for everyone to keep it moving. However, both NBC and ESPN have been playing it a lot, with commentators calling for a suspension. At 5:00 I would have never thought it, but I think he might actually get a game.

If he doesn't I hope someone (not a bills player because Buffalo can't handle this lane kiffin level of trolling), but I would love someone to say if gronk was black he'd be suspended and just pull the race card. This league has screwed over so many people, Bills teams included, I don't mind it being made a complete mess and having a bunch of bs to deal with. It'd be entertaining watching it burn.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
Just wanna say I don't think you're on the same page for the race card thing, that's just me

5 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Oh sure. You mean like the NFL lying and creating a "scandal" like Deflategate? Singling out 1 of 32 for having a single camera out of place for 20 minutes of one game? Allowing Brady to be hit time and time again after the whistle. Allowing teams to tee off on Brady's head game after game? Allowing defenders to pin Gronk's arms, grab his jersey, and push off on every pass?

Mods Please kick this goof off

20 minutes ago, tbonehawaii said:

Mods Please kick this goof off

Hold on, he might be parodying Pats fans. That's the only conclusion I can draw from his post. And if he's doing an impression, he is spot on and should be commended.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

39 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think we're on the same page but I'm not sure. When I saw it real time, I expected nothing but a fine and for everyone to keep it moving. However, both NBC and ESPN have been playing it a lot, with commentators calling for a suspension. At 5:00 I would have never thought it, but I think he might actually get a game.

If he doesn't I hope someone (not a bills player because Buffalo can't handle this lane kiffin level of trolling), but I would love someone to say if gronk was black he'd be suspended and just pull the race card. This league has screwed over so many people, Bills teams included, I don't mind it being made a complete mess and having a bunch of bs to deal with. It'd be entertaining watching it burn.

The race card would make potential fallout entertaining. Hope it doesn't happen and Gronk gets his...

I just think his running start is considered. I mean, he did a hop step before he launched all his weight at the back of Tre's head/neck. A seriously dangerous spot to hit like that. Remember the hockey player, for the Avs I think, who had his career ended on a dirty hit from behind and driving his head to the ice. Bertuzzi/Moore hit.

2poqmwg.jpg

9 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The race card would make potential fallout entertaining. Hope it doesn't happen and Gronk gets his...

I just think his running start is considered. I mean, he did a hop step before he launched all his weight at the back of Tre's head/neck. A seriously dangerous spot to hit like that. Remember the hockey player, for the Avs I think, who had his career ended on a dirty hit from behind and driving his head to the ice. Bertuzzi/Moore hit.

2poqmwg.jpg

I remember that bertuzzi shot. That was with just seconds left in the game if I'm not mistaken, right? I was just a kid but i can remember the front page of the sports section with bertuzzi driving Moore's head into the ice. 

I just did a refresher, I remember there being a discussion but didn't recall he was charged with assault and deservedly so. I think the bertuzzi incident is way worse than what happened today but I don't mind the move towards taking this stuff out the game.

If I'm going to jail in the stands for fighting, I don't see why it should be given a pass on the field. I've never understood it, it's not boxing. Especially when you are just sucker punching or blindsiding a guy who didn't want anything to do with that.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I remember that bertuzzi shot. That was with just seconds left in the game if I'm not mistaken, right? I was just a kid but i can remember the front page of the sports section with bertuzzi driving Moore's head into the ice. 

I just did a refresher, I remember there being a discussion but didn't recall he was charged with assault and deservedly so. I think the bertuzzi incident is way worse than what happened today but I don't mind the move towards taking this stuff out the game.

If I'm going to jail in the stands for fighting, I don't see why it should be given a pass on the field. I've never understood it, it's not boxing. Especially when you are just sucker punching a guy or fighting someone who didn't want anything to do with that.

From what I heard. Scott got 1 season (NHL strike nullified) and 20 game suspension, from the NHL. Settled a civil case for an undisclosed sum. Got community service from criminal court. And, ended up basically being forgiven by the hockey world very quickly. 

I was just using that hit as an example of how bad things can get when you hit someone from behind and drive their head into the ground. Ended Moore's career. Doing **** like that has ended more than just careers. 

Interestingly, Gronks "excuse" was to blame the refs. 

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

From what I heard. Scott got 1 season (NHL strike nullified) and 20 game suspension, from the NHL. Settled a civil case for an undisclosed sum. Got community service from criminal court. And, ended up basically being forgiven by the hockey world very quickly. 

I was just using that hit as an example of how bad things can get when you hit someone from behind and drive their head into the ground. Ended Moore's career. Doing **** like that has ended more than just careers. 

Interestingly, Gronks "excuse" was to blame the refs. 

I agree completely. The bertuzzi incident was different because it was awful but usually sports leagues don't punish the action as severely. But it was always odd how they accepted him back. It was a terrible and wreckless move, we'll see how it plays out. All I know is that gronkowski will never get any pity from me for any future injuries. Not wishing it upon him, just don't care. 

6 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Gronk should be suspended and probably will

You picked the wrong day to come to this forum and pretend to be nice regardless of whether or not you are sincere.

If this was a bar, you would be missing teeth in 5, 4, 3, 2,.......

You just have to know when to keep your mouth shut and walk away.

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

He won't be suspended none of the talking heads on any network even mentioned it.

If it were the other way around it would be headline news.

It was on Fox & friends this AM, or whichever news I had on in the background.  Either fox or CBS.   Given that the likely outcome of this is that Gronk gets away with it, why on earth wouldnt the bills go after Brady next game? Sad thing is, I dont think the Bills even have a player that could hurt Gronk, they're a team of tissue paper and sour cream.  On the other hand, Brady is still one good knee shot  from having his career ended.  At this point who cares, the Bills suck, the pats are cheating scumbags, and the rest of the league/fans would thank whatever sacrificial player on the Bills did it.  

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

It was on Fox & friends this AM, or whichever news I had on in the background.  Either fox or CBS.   Given that the likely outcome of this is that Gronk gets away with it, why on earth wouldnt the bills go after Brady next game? Sad thing is, I dont think the Bills even have a player that could hurt Gronk, they're a team of tissue paper and sour cream.  On the other hand, Brady is still one good knee shot  from having his career ended.  At this point who cares, the Bills suck, the pats are cheating scumbags, and the rest of the league/fans would thank whatever sacrificial player on the Bills did it.  

GMF just said they would talk about it next hour.

21 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

GMF just said they would talk about it next hour.

it really is the equivalent of the muscle bound bully on the beach kicking sand in the face of the skinny helpless kid, like the comic, except it ends after the 3rd panel  

Image result for charles atlas ad

Mike Evans got a one game suspension for less.   In my opinion Gronk should be suspended for however long White is out plus two extra games.  Knowing the NFL, what will happen is.

Hughes-Two game suspension for yelling at ref

Hyde-One game suspension for pushing Gronk after Gronk did hit on white

Gronk-500 dollar fine

As you can tell, I have lost all faith in the NFL to have any level of fairness. 

Edited by dgrochester55

15 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Love this comment from a Pats fan on ESPN.

"He's due for another injury so a 4 game suspension to keep him healthy for the playoffs would be perfect." 

someone else can fill that role in the eye for an eye routine, and I dont mean the backup TE

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

They wont and he will score 2 Td's in the next pats game 

sadly, this is what I expect as well.  the NFL is morphing into the World Wrestling Federation slowly but surely, what with all the off field antics, crazy story lines, villains and heros, etc

17 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He may not be suspended because he doesn't have a history of this.  As I said no excuse for it and if he is suspended I won't think it's unfair but if he isn't I wouldn't be shocked for the reason I said.

Wrong. He has been fined in the past for unnecessary roughness and for participating in the brawl at the end of Super Bowl XLIX, per mmqb today.

• Thank you (+1) 1