NFL executive says Buffalo Bills are perfect fit for Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How many low production QB's in college have good NFL careers?  Production is scouted as well.

Deshaun Watson threw a lot of INT's in college in his last year but also had 41 TD's....not 15.

It's harder to judge since he's a smaller program QB.  His completion% and YA have improved every year.  Still, he has 1st round tools and you can get possibly a top 5 QB talent late because of the unknown from a small program.

Just now, Woodman19 said:

It's harder to judge since he's a smaller program QB.  His completion% and YA have improved every year.  Still, he has 1st round tools and you can get possibly a top 5 QB talent late because of the unknown from a small program.

Yes, I agree it's harder to judge but you'd still like to better production.  Especially since he's got first round talent and should help elevate the players around him....I don't see that.

I've kept my eye on him because he was supposedly a sleeper this year.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes, I agree it's harder to judge but you'd still like to better production.  Especially since he's got first round talent and should help elevate the players around him....I don't see that.

I've kept my eye on him because he was supposedly a sleeper this year.  

One of his biggest criticisms is he tries to put the offense on himself and force plays to make up for a weaker team. 

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

I sort of got a feeling your right. Hopefully they can get him in the 2nd round.

It would be one of the few times we go after the right player at the right spot.  He can probably be had in the 20-40 range depending on combine and workouts.

Reading some twitter quotes from Baker and appears to be a team player.. I like that he is pretty upset his OL didn't get the accolades he feels they deserve.. Not a me 1st player from my 1st impression.. Got to like that

Other than that.. I couldn't tell you a damn thing about his ability or whether we should draft him

Caption this image :lol:

image.thumb.jpeg.ba19417cc064d4c250ddfb3352fa81ec.jpeg

Edited by ddaryl

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"There's no telling who the Bills will favor when the draft rolls around, but one NFL executive believes the best fit for the Bills in the rookie class is Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield. The unnamed executive told NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah that Mayfield would be the starting quarterback as soon as he arrived in Buffalo.

"Mayfield isn't as athletic as Tyrod Taylor but he's a much better passer," said the NFL executive. "I think he would be the starter as soon as he arrived."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/nfl_executive_says_buffalo_bills_are_perfect_fit_for_oklahoma_qb_baker_mayfield.html

This is nothing more than an off the cuff remark made by some “NFL Executuve.”  It took about one-point-three seconds of thought and that is all it is worth.  

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I want to see how he looks at the combine and his real height and hand size. 

"Baker Mayfield is short. Lord, is he ever short."

His hands are small, much smaller than hands you would expect to throw a football accurately at long distances

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17284078/oklahoma-sooners-qb-baker-mayfield-used-defying-critics

I don't know if that article is just a joke or not.

I saw him in person. He’s small. He could be Russell Wilson but needs a s&C program right quick because he looks “soft” and doesn’t have the build of RW. Of course, he could get there with the right program and dedication on his end. Otherwise he will be hurt a lot in the nfl. He already gets beaten up a lot in college with his style of play. 

His attitude is fine with me. He’s an extreme competitor. But it may make it other teams want to tee off on him even more and unless he has a great OL and , that’s probably ill-advised 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I was very mixed on Baker.  Now that he has the BB stink on him, hard pass (get it). :)

honestly, this is about as torn as I have been on a qb in awhile.  He might be a huge d bag and would get the Losman treatment if he tried some of his crap in the NFL.  Or he's just super competive.  He might be the next small gimmick qb who is a borderline NFL qb or he's super accurate and the next Russell WILSOn.

but now that he has the BB curse, he is undraftable. :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Um no.  But the memory span of many of the younger crowd always makes me laugh.

You do realize that the people making decisions now are different than the people making decisions then, right? And that maybe they have different priorities? And maybe the comments about character pertain specifically to our current FO?

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Um no.  But the memory span of many of the younger crowd always makes me laugh.

Plus each issue is different.

"I don't want to play in a crappy NFL city with a joke franchise" and getting publicly angry over players not performing to a high enough level is far different from.  "I went to get my AK-47 to threaten someone who disrespected me" or abusing others.