Belichik talking up Taylor and the Bills

Belichick ho-hum about 17 straight winning seasons

Asked this week if he and the team would gather around to celebrate the feat -- perhaps over dainty slices of cake with an emotional slide show -- Belichick flatly dismissed the historical benchmark.

"That's what we're here for -- to win games. We take a lot of pride in it. That means a lot to us," Belichick grunted ahead of Sunday's clash with the likely doomed Bills. "But that being said, there's probably another time to talk about that and reflect on it and so forth. None of those other -- however many seasons it was or however many games it was -- really makes any difference this week. I mean, nobody cares about that.

Belichick ho-hum about 17 straight winning seasons

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There was a time I might have said this but not now.  I think he was lucky to stumble on to a once in a generation QB in a QB driven league.  Without Brady BB might just be another pedestrian coach.  

He was a coach for the Giants that shut down Kelly in the first super bowl. That in itself is a great accomplishment.

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And will troll us especially hard with a game plan designed around Touchdown Mike on Offense and Eric Lee to start on D, with some stunts designed to get him free.

...so a normal "BB at the podium" day about their upcoming opponent.....bet he is tremendously relieved knowing Wrecks is gone.....

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol Belichick is usually on auto pilot. One year he said they have to watch for josh reed cause he's a great player. The thing was, josh reed wasn't even on the team at the time lol

I'll never forget the classics like when he called Ryan Denney a dominant force on our dline and said there's no coach in league he respects more than Dick Jaraun.

1 hour ago, MClem06 said:

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/11/29/bill-belichick-1129-bills-play-lot-passion

You can just hear how much knowledge he has about our entire roster).   He even mentions Milano and Humber and some of the lesser known players attributes.  Why we get beat by this guy is he seems to know every player and every skill set more than any other coach I've  heard in a press conference on opposing teams.  

Aside from falling asleep due to his tone, I've never really listened to him cover us in a presser like this going over how much he knows about every player is scary.

My point is that he even said they are going to have a problem with the way our defense plays and how we don't give many opportunities (takeovers) to score when we are playing well.  I think our defense has him concerned.

It's downright scary what an evil genius Belichik is.

He certainly know the AFC East teams from top to bottom. Tredavious White will probably be starting alongside Gilmore for the Pats when his rookie contract is up.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pedestrian? Hmm maybe... but wouldn't all the great coaches be without their star power QB? They seem to go hand in hand. (All the way back to Lombardi himself)

Bill Parcells might be the most under rated coach because the best QB he ever had was Phil Simms.

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Bill Parcells might be the most under rated coach because the best QB he ever had was Phil Simms.

True but I may be wrong, (I don't remember)

but I do believe both his championships were because of his D and who was the coordinator for The Tuna? BB (but he has a hell of a coaching tree doesn't he!!)

16 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

His typical MO. He'd never say anything useful for the other team to use as motivation. 

If the Bills need a bulletin board clipping to get up for this game they have already lost.

17 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I know that's why I posted it, and he has a habit of talking up the opponents worst players and coaches. I remember when he said classic stuff like he respects Dick Jaraun the most of all coaches in the NFL and Ryan Denney is dominant player on the dline. I fact I think this was before they trashed the Bills 52-17 on Sunday night football in 2007.

This week it's TT and he cited the low turnover rate and rushing ability which we all know is misleading anyway and funny Hoodie specifically mentioned it since that's what all the TT defenders keep citing as well.

Here's some more good Hoodie quotes from today:

Or maybe the thing that separates Belichick from the rest of the NFL coaches is that he actually believes what he says and prepares accordingly?  

14 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I disagree.  Parcells was a pretty good coach, but he was dependent on Belichick for much of his reputation.  He never won a playoff game without Belichick as his DC.

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

True but I may be wrong, (I don't remember)

but I do believe both his championships were because of his D and who was the coordinator for The Tuna? BB (but he has a hell of a coaching tree doesn't he!!)

Yes he was and those teams were defense driven.  He had a great eye for talent and turned around every team he coached.  The Patriots, Jets and Cowboys had hall of fame caliber player after he left.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

as any good coach would do. 

just off the top of my head and a college coach but saban isn't going to hold back and will put over 50 on you.

I don't think rubbing it in and crushing your opponents to the point of humiliation  is the sign of a good coach. More like the sign of an insecure weirdo. He's a great coach but that particular tendency that Bellichick has (that he has shown several times in his coaching career) is bizarre.

20 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There was a time I might have said this but not now.  I think he was lucky to stumble on to a once in a generation QB in a QB driven league.  Without Brady BB might just be another pedestrian coach.  

And Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, and some guy named Levy. 

16 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I'll never forget the classics like when he called Ryan Denney a dominant force on our dline and said there's no coach in league he respects more than Dick Jaraun.

The Saints and Rams have great weapons with their punters too.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

He had a great eye for talent and turned around every team he coached

umm  

seriously?   The Browns were not "turning it around", the NYETS?   hardly any impact to that team.  insignificant at best and the NE Cheatriots.

If not for 9-11 and all the Patriotic brew ha ha's    what might have happened.    Why would a Ref throw a Flag against any American Patriot.   

23 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I don't think rubbing it in and crushing your opponents to the point of humiliation  is the sign of a good coach. More like the sign of an insecure weirdo. He's a great coach but that particular tendency that Bellichick has (that he has shown several times in his coaching career) is bizarre.

your opinion.

don't tell me if a bills coach had a chance to run it up on the patsies you would call it humiliating or being an insecure weirdo.

run up the score I say.

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

umm  

seriously?   The Browns were not "turning it around", the NYETS?   hardly any impact to that team.  insignificant at best and the NE Cheatriots.

If not for 9-11 and all the Patriotic brew ha ha's    what might have happened.    Why would a Ref throw a Flag against any American Patriot.   

If you don't think Belichick was "turning it around" in Cleveland, then you need to read this. You're wrong. http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2016/02/15/bill-belichick-fired-browns-cleveland/

BB was never the head coach of the Jets for more than a day, but with during the 3 years he was the DC their defenses ranked #6, #2, #9 overall. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but clearly it's inaccurate at best and purposely deceptive and biased.

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

If you don't think Belichick was "turning it around" in Cleveland, then you need to read this. You're wrong. http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2016/02/15/bill-belichick-fired-browns-cleveland/

BB was never the head coach of the Jets for more than a day, but with during the 3 years he was the DC their defenses ranked #6, #2, #9 overall. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but clearly it's inaccurate at best and purposely deceptive and biased.

Belichick has the built in excuse of Art Model deep-sixing the 1995 season by telling them they were moving to Baltimore. Of course that would have a huge effect on the team. However they went from 11-5 in 1994  to 5-11 in 1995 and even that article states some of the issues that were on a slow burn with the team and Belichick that may have imploded the team anyway. I actually remember the Monday night game when the Browns played the Bills in 1995. The hype on that broadcast about Belichick and the Browns was huge and the Bills were just considered an afterthought. It was sickeningly bias. I remember it annoying me and I got a lot of satisfaction that the Bills got a measure of revenge vs Belichick for the SB loss because the defeat in this game on national television clearly embarrassed him.  The bottom line is without Brady, Belichick is like Wade Philipps, a pretty good defensive coach but not the greatest coach ever. I don't think Belichick wins even 1 SB without golden boy Tom.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

umm  

Im talking about Parcell's not Billicheck.  Go back to the beginning of the thread.  Billicheck is a great defensive mind but fell into Brady.

Edited by Mat68

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Cleveland? He was 36-44 there and was fired in 1995. 

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Yes he was and those teams were defense driven.  He had a great eye for talent and turned around every team he coached.  The Patriots, Jets and Cowboys had hall of fame caliber player after he left.  

A Patriot fan was claiming Billicheck was behind Parcells rings.  But the nucleus of the early Patriots defense was drafted by Parcells, and Bill Parcells turned around the Jets, Patriots, and Cowboys.  Hell last year Romo and Witten will still leading the team both guys Parcells brought in.  I am not a Patriot fan.  I respect Billicheck as a defensive mind and dynasty he has made but I also believe there is no Dynasty without Brady.  

55 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Belichick has the built in excuse of Art Model deep-sixing the 1995 season by telling them they were moving to Baltimore. Of course that would have a huge effect on the team. However they went from 11-5 in 1994  to 5-11 in 1995 and even that article states some of the issues that were on a slow burn with the team and Belichick that may have imploded the team anyway. I actually remember the Monday night game when the Browns played the Bills in 1995. The hype on that broadcast about Belichick and the Browns was huge and the Bills were just considered an afterthought. It was sickeningly bias. I remember it annoying me and I got a lot of satisfaction that the Bills got a measure of revenge vs Belichick for the SB loss because the defeat in this game on national television clearly embarrassed him.  The bottom line is without Brady, Belichick is like Wade Philipps, a pretty good defensive coach but not the greatest coach ever. I don't think Belichick wins even 1 SB without golden boy Tom.

I think comparing BB with Wade Philips is a little over the top. Brady might not have been Brady without the guidance of BB. That's actually a debate here in NE. We all know BB always does what's best for the team. Patriots fans never worry about clock management, players out of position, poorly executed plays, being out-coached, stupid play calling, gaffes, player composure on or off the field during the season, etc. Other teams worry about that constantly.

It's BB's way or the highway. That's why players like Dillon, Moss, Ocho Stinko, Marty Bennett and other troublesome malcontents come here for far less money. Obviously, a chance to win a SB, but we know he would (and has) cut/released stars mid season.

NE's offense and defense is almost always made up of late round, undrafted, and scrapheap players. With a few exceptions of course. There are never any salary cap worries. BB is in charge of it all. I'm sorry, but are you telling me that if you got to choose between BB or Wade for the next Bills' coach, you'd be happy flipping a coin? Any team would gladly trade head coaches.

A couple more Patriots metrics to ponder....

1) Patriots allowed 32.0 PPG in Weeks 1-4 (31st in NFL)

Since Week 5, they have allowed the fewest PPG in the NFL (13.1)

2) Patriots have not trailed at any point of a game since 10/29 against the Chargers.

Just insane how good this team gets as the season wears on.