Hypothetically if Giants release Manning

MAJBobby

Just now, BobChalmers said:

There is no way Eli signs for some low salary.  He will cost more than TT in FA, and TT costs too much.

Does anyone know how freaking waiver works in NFL

if he is released tomorrow he is subject to waivers, hence all you have to do his claim him

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I'll second this. I'd rather a rookie over an older QB who couldn't win with OBJ, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard and Evan Ingram. Manning is 2-9 this year. Besides, he just got benched for Geno Smith :lol:

To be fair, Manning hasn't had OBJ or Marshall for the majority of the year

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

To be fair, Manning hasn't had OBJ or Marshall for the majority of the year

Yep, and the list of players on IR this year for the Ginats is 17 players and growing. Nonetheless, they lost the first 5 in a row to the Cowboys, Lions, Eagles, Bucs and Chargers.

Manning is stinking it up and I kinda doubt a change of scenery will improve him at this point. I'd rather Kirk Cousins or a top 5 rookie in the 2018 draft. 

The only way I'd think about signing Eli is if his brother would come to Buffalo to coach. 

I wouldn't mind the idea but I think he might be getting ready to retire, and I would rather go with a young QB option

Cousins will be out there, and it looks like the obvious landing spot in SF is now taken. He'll have options, but the Bills could be one of the better ones. Maybe Denver or Arizona but there won't be many other landing spots that are even somewhat attractive. I think the Bills will be top 3.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Yep, and the list of players on IR this year for the Ginats is 17 players and growing. Nonetheless, they lost the first 5 in a row to the Cowboys, Lions, Eagles, Bucs and Chargers.

Manning is stinking it up and I kinda doubt a change of scenery will improve him at this point. I'd rather Kirk Cousins or a top 5 rookie in the 2018 draft. 

The only way I'd think about signing Eli is if his brother would come to Buffalo to coach. 

Yeah I'd take my chances with Cousins as well before Manning. But to bring in any QB that doesn't have escapability would mean drafting nothing but O line in the first round. Well at least one O lineman, still have other big holes to fill

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

To me, at least, this would feel a lot like when we signed Bledsoe. That's not a good thing.

That's what I was thinking.  We'd be looking at double-a-gap blitzes for two years and then restarting with the cupboard bare once again.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

his best days are behind him and he should just hang them up. he had a pretty good career with a couple rings to boot!

Eli was always in the shadow of Peyton.  The Manning name gave Eli more than he deserved lately.  

Age got to him faster.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1