Tyrod asks for pro bowl votes, gets roasted

Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

With all due respect, I have to disagree.  The color of the interviewer is irrelevant.  I know he's not NFL QB smart, but he's not a stupid person, by any means.  Nothing good could have come from his response.  Perhaps I misunderstood - and if I did, I'll freely admit it.  But my understanding is that he stated that - because he's African-American, more is expected of him as an NFL QB.  That is absolutely playing the race card.  Not to mention, it's pure bull ****.

it totally matters. She was doing an in depth article about him. She was able to get him to open up and speak at length about stuff. It wasn't a press conference or anything it was a feature article and she was new to the News.

They spoke about all kinds of things over a long period of time. A black reporter will often ask a black person about the black experience and how it differs from their POV. She was asking specifically about that. He didnt bring it up he was asked about it, and he said what he felt. And said this has always been the way it was since he was a little kid. That is not playing the race card. He's a humble guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

:lol: You're right. I just timed it on my own twitter. I went slow. Took 11.9 seconds. There are only just over 600,000 of them things a week. He's wasting way too many.

You're missing the point and taking me too literal. It's the optics of your starting QB not being focused on the biggest game of his life. Plus, it's embarrassing that he thinks he's pro bowl worthy just a week and a half after getting benched for a 5th round rookie QB because his play was so poor. He looks delusional which is not a good look for your leader.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

From the BBMB to now, since 2009, I have never been banned. Can you say the same.

i never joined the bbmb.   There was this repetitive troll named jm2009 there who kept repeating himself and wouldn't stay on topics 

now go away      

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

it totally matters. She was doing an in depth article about him. She was able to get him to open up and speak at length about stuff. It wasn't a press conference or anything it was a feature article and she was new to the News.

They spoke about all kinds of things over a long period of time. A black reporter will often ask a black person about the black experience and how it differs from their POV. She was asking specifically about that. He didnt bring it up he was asked about it, and he said what he felt. And said this has always been the way it was since he was a little kid. That is not playing the race card. He's a humble guy. 

Higher standard because of race = race card 

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

i never joined the bbmb.   There was this repetitive troll named jm2009 there who kept repeating himself and wouldn't stay on topics 

now go away      

A few in here think they know who you were on that board. 

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

You're missing the point and taking me too literal. It's the optics of your starting QB not being focused on the biggest game of his life. Plus, it's embarrassing that he thinks he's pro bowl worthy just a week and a half after getting benched for a 5th round rookie QB because his play was so poor. He looks delusional which is not a good look for your leader.

No, he's a proud competitor and was benched for a completely unprepared fifth round rookie in a huge conference game in the middle of a close playoff race, who literally played the worst game in the history of football. And then he was put back in and they won. So he was telling people how stupid that was. The Bills tell their fans to go vote for the Bills players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Biggest game? I'd say beating Miami twice and the Colts are the bigger games to get the sixth spot. NE is flat out a much better team.Probably win the SB again.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No, he wasn't even playing cards. He was an innocent bystander. Then he was handed five cards, a flush of spades, and told to lay one of them down. So he chose one of the five.

I honestly don't see how you can look at his quote and say he wasn't using perceived racial biases to his advantage.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I honestly don't see how you can look at his quote and say he wasn't using perceived racial biases to his advantage.

Playing the race card, to me, means actively going out of your way to inject race into an equation that doesn't warrant race. He was not going to mention race. But then he was asked specifically about being a black quarterback, talking to a female black reporter who just recently had a few public conversations, twitter wars, and accusations about "getting the job at the Washington Post only because she was black."

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I actually feel bad for Tyrod.  While not the greatest QB, he is far better than what this putrid offensive scheme allows him to be.  If the offense played to his athletic, mobile strengths, I could see him being in the running to make another Pro Bowl.

if only he could just stay in the pocket and deliver the ball on time ,  wouldn’t that be great ?   Pro Bowl really ?? Lol !!! 

Just now, Putin said:

if only he could just stay in the pocket and deliver the ball on time ,  wouldn’t that be great ?   Pro Bowl really ?? Lol !!! 

You play to the strengths of your players. Ryan did not do this with the defense, now it has been done to the offense this season.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Playing the race card, to me, means actively going out of your way to inject race into an equation that doesn't warrant race. He was not going to mention race. But then he was asked specifically about being a black quarterback, talking to a female black reporter who just recently had a few public conversations, twitter wars, and accusations about "getting the job at the Washington Post only because she was black."

My feeling on it is once you've injected race into a conversation that doesn't warrant it you've played the race card, regardless of how actively you intended to do so.

I still don't understand how, in a league that is mostly black players, can someone say yea, they hold me to a higher standard as a QB because I'm black. Tyrod,  you're held to a higher standard because of guys like Cam and Wilson, not because you're black, and not because they're black. It's because they share the same skill set as you but for whatever reason, you can't throw for more than 180 yards in a game.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Me and everyone else.

And for good reason: that place !@#$ing sucked. Between mindless Taylor-bots like JM2009 getting free reign to spam every thread with the exact same posts over and over and the moderators who tolerated it for some reason...good riddance.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I actually feel bad for Tyrod.  While not the greatest QB, he is far better than what this putrid offensive scheme allows him to be.  If the offense played to his athletic, mobile strengths, I could see him being in the running to make another Pro Bowl.

read option is ultimately a failed strategy , fun to watch, but gets QBs killed and does nothing for the pass game, which every rule in the book now favors

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

You can’t argue that. 

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And for good reason: that place !@#$ing sucked. Between mindless Taylor-bots like JM2009 getting free reign to spam every thread with the exact same posts over and over and the moderators who tolerated it for some reason...good riddance.

If his irrational posts are that bad report it.  

Always complIning mods don’t do their job.   Well here’s a perfect example.  

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No, he's a proud competitor and was benched for a completely unprepared fifth round rookie in a huge conference game in the middle of a close playoff race, who literally played the worst game in the history of football. And then he was put back in and they won. So he was telling people how stupid that was. The Bills tell their fans to go vote for the Bills players.

I have no doubt that Bill Belichick will be telling his defense this week that the Buffalo Bills starting QB is so confident he’ll play great against them that he’s literally asking for people to go vote for him to go to the pro bowl. This tweet was gold to Belichick. He’ll use it for all it’s worth. That’s why he gives NOTHING to the media.

To put it nicely, Taylor’s tweet wasn’t very smart.

Edited by 1billsfan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If his irrational posts are that bad report it.  

Always complIning mods don’t do their job.   Well here’s a perfect example.  

I have his posts ignored. That's what the function is for.

And I was pretty clearly talking about the moderators at the BBMB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

I like my quarterback with a chip on his shoulder. That's all this is. And do I need to explain the coach's decision to bench him was moronic? 

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I like my quarterback with a chip on his shoulder. That's all this is. And do I need to explain the coach's decision to bench him was moronic? 

...wonder if that could be an impediment to his passing game?....................

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

1) the coach's decision was stupid

2) he will never have a bigger chip than he did against KC. He passed for under 200 yards and led us to 16 point.

Tyrod is what he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) the coach's decision was stupid

2) he will never have a bigger chip than he did against KC. He passed for under 200 yards and led us to 16 point.

Tyrod is what he is. 

Whatever maybe he throws more next game maybe less. But are we really going to have 10 pages of criticism for our quarterback having confidence?

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks