How do we pull the impossible and beat the Pats?

Steptide

Well. we haven't produced much pressure with a four man rush, Brady does well when blitzed and he also does pretty good when not pressured.

So, my vote would be to blitz and get as much pressure as possible.  Think it's the only way we can be competitive as Brady is too accurate and smart to let him study the field in his leisure.  He'll complete passes like its practice.

On offense go heavy and run the ball with Shady and Taylor.  Wear their defense down and take time off the clock.  You also need to take more chances - a few shots down the field and less punting - go for it on 4th more.

On defense, be unpredictable - mix the blitz and coverage almost randomly.  Punish the receivers each time the ball is close to them.

41 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

exactly. i'm just curious as to how good they really are. i think the steelers stomp them

Doubt it.  NE owns the Steelers.  I can't recall the last time Pitt beat them.

Wide 9 on every passing down with an alternate blitzer between the tackles. Keep him in the pocket while we crash it down and force him to make quick throws. Coverage has to be close on the outside to prevent the quick slants and underneath routes. If we force him to throw early, then the CBs can sit in their zone and time to jump the route. Poyer needs to be in the box shadowing Gronk over the top while Lorax jams at the line and plays underneath reading Brady's eyes. Hyde will be the single high safety over top keeping everything underneath. Brown will exclusively play the middle zone while Humber shadows the RB in the flats.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you are a smart fellow... but you missed the point.   

/ sarcasm 

they had 3 road losses in 15 before any playoff games.  

Is this sarcasm again? No road losses in 2016. Hence last road loss 2015 afccg.

2 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Wide 9 on every passing down with an alternate blitzer between the tackles. Keep him in the pocket while we crash it down and force him to make quick throws. Coverage has to be close on the outside to prevent the quick slants and underneath routes. If we force him to throw early, then the CBs can sit in their zone and time to jump the route. Poyer needs to be in the box shadowing Gronk over the top while Lorax jams at the line and plays underneath reading Brady's eyes. Hyde will be the single high safety over top keeping everything underneath. Brown will exclusively play the middle zone while Humber shadows the RB in the flats.

Are you rewriting the defensive playbook. McD is going zone thats what he does. If he goes man te's and rbs are going to have a field day.

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Is this sarcasm again? No road losses in 2016. Hence last road loss 2015 afccg.

Are you rewriting the defensive playbook. McD is going zone thats what he does. If he goes man te's and rbs are going to have a field day.

saying you were a smart fellow was the sarcasm   Thanks for the confirmation  Chrissy

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Um, I was describing a zone coverage scheme. Do you know anything about football, Chris, bandwagon jumper?

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Please explain how the Pats bottom tier defense will send this loud message.

Look at the last 7 games. Football outsiders in  last weeks ranking couldnt quantify their ranking.

2 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Um, I was describing a zone coverage scheme. Do you know anything about football, Chris, bandwagon jumper?

Sorry . i should have read your post better. My bad

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Let's play a little game. You're the coach and you come up with the game plan. What do you do? 

Here's what I'd do. On defense, I would blitz every single snap for the first 4 or 5 drives. While blitzing doesn't slow Brady down (usually), I think if you were to Blitz him on every down this would eventually throw off his game. If the blitzing continues to work, stick with it. If not, do a 3 man rush and drop everyone else in coverage.

On offense, I would game plan to throw dump off passes for 5 yards all game long. Create short gains that wear down the clock and make long extended drives for the bills. If we score, onside kick on every kick off. Yes, every kick off. That sounds ridiculous, but at some point you're going to baffle the Pats and throw them off. 

I cannot see any scenario where we win this game playing the way the bills have played in these 12 weeks. I know that none of what I mentioned will happen. I'm just a fan that has watched the Patriots obliterate the bills the last 17 years 

Let's go out into the media and stir things up.  Let's get Guinness into town to measure how loud the crowd will be.  Let's proclaim our "bully-ness" and be full of bull and bluster!  
:)

Let's play a little game. You're the coach and you come up with the game plan. What do you do? 

Here's what I'd do. On defense, I would blitz every single snap for the first 4 or 5 drives. While blitzing doesn't slow Brady down (usually), I think if you were to Blitz him on every down this would eventually throw off his game. If the blitzing continues to work, stick with it. If not, do a 3 man rush and drop everyone else in coverage.

On offense, I would game plan to throw dump off passes for 5 yards all game long. Create short gains that wear down the clock and make long extended drives for the bills. If we score, onside kick on every kick off. Yes, every kick off. That sounds ridiculous, but at some point you're going to baffle the Pats and throw them off. 

I cannot see any scenario where we win this game playing the way the bills have played in these 12 weeks. I know that none of what I mentioned will happen. I'm just a fan that has watched the Patriots obliterate the bills the last 17 years 

The Bills can beat the Patriots if they trust the process.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

B Dubs, I agree with killing the clock as much as you can, but I honestly think you can and should do that through the air, too.  Heavy doses (maybe) of Clay, O'Leary, Shady and Matthews and don't give their Defense that comfortable feeling of just being able to Tee-off on the run or on Tyrod.

That's fine by me...I just get concerned about Tyrod's ability to push the ball down the field.

I'm not saying run Shady all the time, but if you can do high-percentage passes that can get 6-7 yards at a time, that's ok, too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWings said:

That's fine by me...I just get concerned about Tyrod's ability to push the ball down the field.

I'm not saying run Shady all the time, but if you can do high-percentage passes that can get 6-7 yards at a time, that's ok, too.

B Dubs, I'm with you buddy.  

I know how important this one is.  It is weird, though, because I can't get stressed out over it...man...it's the Pats.  What do you do?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1. It's not impossible

2. Blitz Brady mercilessly.  He will beat the blitz often but if you can hit him a few times the turnovers might offset the times he beats the blitz. 

3. Go no-huddle the entire game

4. Bench Dimarco and play double TE as your base set.  Out of this set pass often either via screens, or by motioning Shady out of backfield and lined up out wide.

5. Introduce Dennison and TT to the stop fade pass.  Has a Bills QB ever thrown this pass?  It is nearly impossible to defend. Both Jones and Mathews have the size to block out the defender and make a grab 10-14 yards downfield.

6. Blitz even more. 

7. Bench P. Brown this week and play Humber at MLB and Milano at OLB.  Brady and his RBs will kill us if they play short zone or man-to-man with Brown at MLB.

8. Bring Poyer down in the box . Simulate pressure off the edge, back into coverage, and then blitz up the middle

9. Pass on first down

10. When leading by 10 in the fourth quarter, do not get conservative.  Keep throwing, go sugar-huddle to keep the threat of a quick snap, and keep blitzing.

I want the bills to do something drastic this week with their game plan.  I know McDermott and the staff believes they can just beat them with their own scheme. That's gonna be the most frustrating part watching this game. 3rd and 8 and you're gonna see a handoff to Mccoy for a 3 yard loss in the back field 

Edited by Steptide

44 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not happening and Tomlin is going to regret the recent comments he made. Hoodie and Brady will send a very loud message when they play them.

pats don't have anyone to stop leveon bell. he will put up huge numbers and pats will get beat

11 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

1. It's not impossible

2. Blitz Brady mercilessly.  He will beat the blitz often but if you can hit him a few times the turnovers might offset the times he beats the blitz. 

3. Go no-huddle the entire game

4. Bench Dimarco and play double TE as your base set.  Out of this set pass often either via screens, or by motioning Shady out of backfield and lined up out wide.

5. Introduce Dennison and TT to the stop fade pass.  Has a Bills QB ever thrown this pass?  It is nearly impossible to defend. Both Jones and Mathews have the size to block out the defender and make a grab 10-14 yards downfield.

6. Blitz even more. 

7. Bench P. Brown this week and play Humber at MLB and Milano at OLB.  Brady and his RBs will kill us if they play short zone or man-to-man with Brown at MLB.

8. Bring Poyer down in the box . Simulate pressure off the edge, back into coverage, and then blitz up the middle

9. Pass on first down

10. When leading by 10 in the fourth quarter, do not get conservative.  Keep throwing, go sugar-huddle to keep the threat of a quick snap, and keep blitzing.

. . . "On Blitzin" . .  . Ho Ho Ho. . . 

Guys,  you know the only thing that is going to bug me on Sunday?

Is if it is 24-0 in the third quarter and they are just doing the same old-same old.  

If you got to 24-0 because you were taking chances and it didn't work, fine.  You tried something knowing what you were going against and what you had and it didn't work.  I am OK with that.  

As well if you were down 10-0 doing what you're used to doing...keep going, at least something may come of it and you are in your wheel house.

Having the gun fire at the end of the fourth as I first laid it out with the halftime score, and a final tally that ends up being 37-14 becuase you didn't try anything...honestly, that will just p*** me off.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Find Brady's dildo. 

Its difficult to beat Brady but not impossible. I don't know why coaches in this league don't watch previous Patriot losses and dissect what works for the winning team and if or how that can be mimicked by their own. Wait I do know why, most coaches in the league are morons.  Anyway, if you remove all the chance factors or mistakes  that the Pats might make in a game (very few) and focus on how to limit the damage Brady can do rather than to try to neutralize him you might have a chance. I honestly think the OP was right. If you don't want him killing your defense with passes then keep him off the field as much as possible. Don't give him the ball EVER!!

Gotta have a pass rush and hit Brady a few times. He becomes a little more human when he's been hit a few times. Also jam his receivers at the line and slow them down. They rely on timing and rubs for a large part of their success. We give Brady time to throw and play soft zone on the receivers and we might as well forfeit now.

3 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Gotta have a pass rush and hit Brady a few times. He becomes a little more human when he's been hit a few times. Also jam his receivers at the line and slow them down. They rely on timing and rubs for a large part of their success. We give Brady time to throw and play soft zone on the receivers and we might as well forfeit now.

This may be one of the more effective tactics we can use.  Playing a soft zone will get us destroyed; Pittsburgh showed that during last year's AFC championship game.

If McD and Frazier can figure out how to better utilize our DLine and a fifth rusher/blitzer, it could be interesting.