Turning our KC Pick into a top 5 pick?

simpleman

Check out the playoff standings. We should all be rooting against Denver. Denver could be headed for a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft. Bundling a 2nd round with our KC 1st and TT and trading with Denver might get us a decent QB prospect, maybe not first tier, but the cream of the 2nd tier.

Edited by simpleman
clarification

Just now, simpleman said:

Check out the playoff standings. We should all be rooting against Denver. Denver could be headed for a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft. Bundling a 2nd round with it might get us a decent QB prospect, maybe not first tier, but the cream of the 2nd tier.

I could see the Bills trading Denver their 2 1sts (or better yet a 1 and 2) and Tyrod for a top 5 pick. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could see the Bills trading Denver their 2 1sts (or better yet a 1 and 2) and Tyrod for a top 5 pick. 

If Denver are at say #5 then I am okay with that trade as long as there are not already 3 QBs off the board.  I am not paying that price for the 4th pick of the litter.  

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Denver has a need for a franchise QB too...Why would they give up that pick.

And I agree with this.  I think the point when Denver could have plugged a game manager QB like Tyrod in and been an instant contender based on defense was last year and maybe this year.  I think it has passed and then team is due a rebuild with a new QB.  

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Denver are at say #5 then I am okay with that trade as long as there are not already 3 QBs off the board.  I am not paying that price for the 4th pick of the litter.  

And I agree with this.  I think the point when Denver could have plugged a game manager QB like Tyrod in and been an instant contender based on defense was last year and maybe this year.  I think it has passed and then team is due a rebuild with a new QB.  

That’s my logic. Their window is small. The Broncos defense is still good but their QB play is totally inept. I am just not convinced that they will pin their immediate hopes ona rookie.

And maybe certain arrogant posters on here should just say you worded it wrong  instead of being insulting. How about spending some time learning to be decent human beings instead of spending so much time being arrogant and insulting. Yes, I messed up the title and did not explain the process thoroughly enough. There is no need to be arrogant and insulting to posters. Thank you Kirby for deciphering my thoughts perfectly from my too hasty  a written post.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Hoping so but I have a feeling Denver would draft a QB at that spot. I don't think they are sold on Lynch, and probably would Rather a young QB with a high ceiling rather than a 29 year old with not a huge upside.

This is not a knock against a TT as I like him for the most part, but I think drafting a QB would make the most sense for Denver. Assuming Elway likes a QB at their draft spot of course

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s my logic. Their window is small. The Broncos defense is still good but their QB play is totally inept. I am just not convinced that they will pin their immediate hopes ona rookie.

Cousins in FA, trade back in the draft and build or stay put and take the best Tackle prospect to protect Cousins or another FA QB type. I think Elway isnt looking for a rookie either, that would waste the defense and the last of the offense. I think he'll look for the quick fix.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If Denver lands a top 5 pick they aren't trading it if a franchise QB is there.

And if they do they would be asking for a fortune and what would that say if John Elway believes a QB in that spot isn't worth taking and makes the deal with Buffalo or another team.

It would probably be a blessing!! Elway offered Osweiler $16M a year, drafted Lynch in the first round and was confident in Trevor Siemian going into the season. He has been a TERRIBLE judge of QBs.