Reggie Ragland's play for the chiefs

berg1029

Yes.... and I have. Moreoever, it may show I am a little biased towards the situation.  I guess IF it was the only job offered to me and I was hard up for money. Wade ia not hard up for job offerings. I saw situation as a pride thing - good or bad.

18 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

If that is actually true.... I stand corrected. It was just hard to fathom coming back to a place one was run out of in order to take a lessor position.

He had a fan ask him if he would consider coming back to Buffalo for a DC job after Houston.  He said yes.

He was hired by the Broncos shortly after.

Ragland vs Bills ground game: Old friend Reggie Ragland had a monster game for the Chiefs on Sunday. Buffalo’s former second-round pick led the Chiefs with nine tackles, including three behind the line of scrimmage. He shot through gaps untouched on several occasions and really disrupted a few Bills drives. Ragland also had nine tackles last week, and seems to be finding his footing in the NFL after missing all of his rookie season in Buffalo with a torn ACL. Obviously, Ragland was out to prove his worth to the team that recently traded him before he ever took a snap in the NFL. Ragland fits nicely with what the Chiefs are trying to do on defense, and with those stacked boxes he really was able to explode through the gaps before a blocker could even touch him. 

https://www.lockedonbills.com/five-takeaways-bills-chiefs/

On 11/22/2017 at 12:01 PM, Commonsense said:

Doug Whaley you bum.

Ragland was a pick Rex wanted Whaley was just getting players that fit the scheme Rex implemented .

Whaley did that his entire time here just like he drafted the rookies the Bills have now because those were the players that McD wanted so why all the hate on Whaley ??

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Ragland was a pick Rex wanted Whaley was just getting players that fit the scheme Rex implemented .

Whaley did that his entire time here just like he drafted the rookies the Bills have now because those were the players that McD wanted so why all the hate on Whaley ??

Whaley was the GM, he gets full blame/credit for any draft pick. If Whaley was letting Rex dictate every draft pick why would we even have Whaley on the payroll? 

6 minutes ago, T master said:

The "sucks" call is crack for the masses here: Whaley sucked, the fact that most of his draft picks are no longer on this team means they all sucked, Tyrod sucks, and all the players we've cut or traded suck.  It's fashionable to excoriate Whaley, and fashion is important.

The fact that Tyrod is arguably the best QB we've had since Flutie and being grossly misused, Whaley drafted for the scheme and preferences of whatever HC he had on board, and most of the players cut or traded are playing well, often for teams that seem more talented than we are, is not relevant.

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Whaley was the GM, he gets full blame/credit for any draft pick. If Whaley was letting Rex dictate every draft pick why would we even have Whaley on the payroll? 

That seemed to be the question of some reporters LOL!  But get with the program.  When a choice was good, it was Rex (or Marrone).  When a choice was poor, it was Whaley (even if Nix was still GM) when a choice was good, it was Nix (even if Whaley was holding the job title that would typically have responsibility)

Serious answer I'm willing to give Whaley full credit for any draft pick, but good GMs do evaluate talent from the lens of what the coach wants in a player or needs for his scheme.  So (for example) Ragland being traded to KC doesn't mean Whaley drafted poorly, it means Whaley drafted a player who fit Rex's wants and needs for his scheme, and doesn't fit here.  Of course, there is the counter-point that good coaches adjust to make use of the talent they have instead of trading it all and starting over.

20 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Yeah it's like the schemes we use keep exposing our players. At some point, coaches have to be way more flexible in employing talent that we have - you can't friggin get every toy you want for every position there is. As much as I hate Belicheat, that's what he does every single year - adjusts his schemes for his talent! And what do our coaches do time after time?  try and change the frigging players out bec. they don't fit their schemes!  

We've already swapped out the secondary. we gotta replace our defensive line who are aging, and we got an old guy and undrafted players as our LB core. And we still need help on offense, QB, WRs. There aren't enough quality draft picks to get all the new starters for a whole brand new spankin team!

Belichick is in charge of his team's personell.  He brings in guys he wants to fit what he wants to do.

18 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That could never have happened though. No defensive minded coach like Rex would let another guy run a completely different scheme than he runs.

Tomlin ran a Tampa 2 in Minnesota when he was hired as the steelers HC and lebeau ran a zone blitz 34 as his DC.  It can't never happen if it already has happened.

I don't think ragland would have seen the field Sunday for Buffalo.  We were in nickel literally the entire game.  The defense they are building seems more dependent on play speed and gang tackling than on a big run thumper. 

If he had come to camp like 15 pounds lighter (as preston brown did), he may have had a shot.

And for those complimenting his coverage skills, he seems "OK" in man, but if you're wanting him playing a deep lying zone i think he'll be easily beat.  We play a ton of zone.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The "sucks" call is crack for the masses here: Whaley sucked, the fact that most of his draft picks are no longer on this team means they all sucked, Tyrod sucks, and all the players we've cut or traded suck.  It's fashionable to excoriate Whaley, and fashion is important.

The fact that Tyrod is arguably the best QB we've had since Flutie and being grossly misused, Whaley drafted for the scheme and preferences of whatever HC he had on board, and most of the players cut or traded are playing well, often for teams that seem more talented than we are, is not relevant.

That seemed to be the question of some reporters LOL!  But get with the program.  When a choice was good, it was Rex (or Marrone).  When a choice was poor, it was Whaley (even if Nix was still GM) when a choice was good, it was Nix (even if Whaley was holding the job title that would typically have responsibility)

Serious answer I'm willing to give Whaley full credit for any draft pick, but good GMs do evaluate talent from the lens of what the coach wants in a player or needs for his scheme.  So (for example) Ragland being traded to KC doesn't mean Whaley drafted poorly, it means Whaley drafted a player who fit Rex's wants and needs for his scheme, and doesn't fit here.  Of course, there is the counter-point that good coaches adjust to make use of the talent they have instead of trading it all and starting over.

Thank god somebody understands what Whaley was doing. Overall, he was an excellent talent evaluator, and got the players to fit the schemes the coaches insisted on running. The reflexive Whaley hate here is moronic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1