'He literally didn't block me': Chargers' Bosa mic'd up vs. Bills

Foxx

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Mills is terrible. Everyone knew/knows this.

Yet they have done nothing to address the issue. And before you say "we drafted a tackle in the 3rd round" isn't it telling that he wasn't able to unseat Mills? 

Oline is a Trainwreck across the board 

They drafted an OT in the SECOND ROUND, and he's been playing OLT almost all season  b/c Glenn can't stay healthy.

You watching any of the games?

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I instantly thought of this series.   

That play was a total whiff but it was one of multiple by Mills on that drive alone........and Taylor still nearly took them to victory. 

OBKayB,  I vent a mite here.  I looked at the roster.  Hadn't realized it, of 9 DB on the roster, not one was here last year.  Of 6 WR, only one here last year (Tate).  6 LB, only 2 here last year.  Half the DL. 

Yet somehow, with all that roster wheelin' and dealin', we somehow couldn't upgrade that festering pustule of ineptitude we have at ROT?

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OBKayB,  I vent a mite here.  I looked at the roster.  Hadn't realized it, of 9 DB on the roster, not one was here last year.  Of 6 WR, only one here last year (Tate).  6 LB, only 2 here last year.  Half the DL. 

Yet somehow, with all that roster wheelin' and dealin', we somehow couldn't upgrade that festering pustule of ineptitude we have at ROT?

I didn't have a problem with bringing him back that cheap.......but I had no idea HE wouldn't have any competition for his job and Vlad the Imploder would put John Miller on the bench.:doh:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I didn't have a problem with bringing him back that cheap.......but I had no idea HE wouldn't have any competition for his job and Vlad the Imploder would put John Miller on the bench.:doh:

Is there any hope?  I've had Henderson sightings the last 2 weeks on ST.  Box score said he got 5 snaps on the OL last week.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, BILLriant said:

Sentreal started for a year at RT and was serviceable, why aren't moves being made year...wood played rg his rookie year, groys a good center...there has to be a better situation for us

Because Juan Castillo is the worst offensive line coach ever. He was embarrassing on the Eagles and he's embarrassing here too. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

did Mills let him by because he was unhappy Tyrod was benched?

should he be benched?

were there others who mailed it in as well?

Mills isn't a very good player.

If it's the play at 0:58 as you said, Bosa simply gets a faster start and beats him.

Guys don't not play because they don't like the QB, not guys in Mills' situation. Mills is fighting for a spot on this roster or any other next year and he knows it. Not playing would be a form of throwing away his career. 

This is just a case of a terrific player completely outplaying a below average player. Happens all the time to great players, which is a large part of what makes them great.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

But Marcell was a fat piece of **** and another Whaley mistake.

I read it here.

And it seems to have been true. He wasn't playing well here even when he played. He just wasn't. Is it that he didn't fit the system or that he just wasn't trying very hard? Hard to say, but he wasn't. And how terrific will he look in Jax if he gets caught with more fake marijuana and misses a season?

Marcell is a wildly talented guy but he seems to play hard when he feels like it and is a suspension risk constantly.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills fans are praying for this so McBeane doesn't look AS stupid as they already do. 

Again, awful trade. 

Sometimes awful trades are awfully awfully necessary. Sometimes they're the best of a bunch of bad options. This appears to me to have been one of those times.

Yeah, to me it looked like he didn't know what the snap count was, allowing Bosa a step or two before he even moved.

Mills shouldn't be starting in the first place, but if ever a player doesn't try or risks the health of a teammate, that player should be off the team asap.

That was one (of many) of Rex's problems, when Mario was playing half-assed and he never benched him. Not a good look for the rest of the team.

I doubt Mills did it on purpose, that's his job, the team's playoff chances, etc. that he could lose by pulling something like that. Instead it just shows the

ineptitude of this offensive line, at least in this offensive system. Bring on Seantrel and Groy or Miller. You're willing to bench your QB, why not some

underperforming O-linemen.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

'He literally didn't block me': Chargers' Bosa mic'd up vs. Bills

the play in question begins at the 0:59 mark.

..... whats the deal here?

did Mills let him by because he was unhappy Tyrod was benched?

should he be benched?

were there others who mailed it in as well?

Sounds like the raiders. Mills is complete garbage anyway, he should be cut regardless.

8 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

They drafted an OT in the SECOND ROUND, and he's been playing OLT almost all season  b/c Glenn can't stay healthy.

You watching any of the games?

Good enough to be the back up LT but not.good enough to overtake Mills at RT during preseason? How many games has Glenn been out, maybe 3? So throughout the preseason and the first handful of weeks, he was simply a back up because why? 

8 hours ago, purple haze said:

We drafted an OT in the 2nd round, and no, it's not telling, because Cordy was injured through camp and parts of the season so the rookie was put on the left side.  The question is why can't Henderson get a look at RT? 

That's also a good question. Or LT. Still, why was Dawkins unable to unseat him during TC? 

11 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

And how's that working out? 

Not to mention it is due to injury. You're still missing the point 

What point am I missing? It seemed to me like you were trying to poo poo on the staff for a poor drafting strategy by not adequately addressing a perceived need. As evidence,  you pointed to Dawkins by saying that he couldn't even beat out Mills for the starting job.  The fact is that he is the starting left tackle,  and has been playing that role since training camp due to Glenn's injuries.  He was never in competition with Mills because of this.  So,  the only point i see you trying to make is a stupid one. Maybe you can provide me with a little clarification?

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What point am I missing? It seemed to me like you were trying to poo poo on the staff for a poor drafting strategy by not adequately addressing a perceived need. As evidence,  you pointed to Dawkins by saying that he couldn't even beat out Mills for the starting job.  The fact is that he is the starting left tackle,  and has been playing that role since training camp due to Glenn's injuries.  He was never in competition with Mills because of this.  So,  the only point i see you trying to make is a stupid one. Maybe you can provide me with a little clarification?

How is he the starting LT? Yes, he has started games at LT due to injury but by no means earned the job. Maybe this isn't the place, but I was trying to show that we've known what Mills is. And yes, I was trying to knock the staff for lack of addressing the issue. If they truly believe you win up front, they haven't shown that they believe that yet based on their moves. The point I was trying to make that I think you aren't acknowledging is that Mills beat out Dawkins at RT during TC. You can argue he was having to take snaps at LT due to injury but that is simply an excuse. The best players should play, left or right tackle. So when Glenn is healthy, why is Mills playing RT over Dawkins? Just in case Glenn is hurt? That's the whole "keep Groy healthy as back up center" argument all over again 

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So that reflects on the decision making of Beane and McDermott, right? So which is it... Miller intentionally didn't block or are they starting a bad OLman stupidly?

no see....miller good....mills hot garbage.....

I said during the game that after TT came in it seemed the Oline blocked a little better. They weren't great by any means but TT was given a little more time. If that's the case then every lineman that did that should be cut immediately. Regardless of their loyalty to TT they are playing for a team and coach and make way to much money to pick and choose when to play. 

That being said I have no idea if this is true or just another Conspiracy theory.