I was wrong about....

Kirby Jackson

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I don't watch much college football anymore outside of ND.  Usually the best source of info are the guys who follow a specific team and IIRC, the couple FSU guys on this board warned everyone that EJ was unlikely to be a successful pro.

I remember that but to my memory it was all retrospective, along with the report that Jimbo Fisher said he didn't have what it takes. 

It could have been prospective, the main issue is that Nix was bound and determined to take a QB in a craptastic class - it's not like there's another 2013 QB draftee we missed.

I was wrong about Shaq Lawson by the looks of it.  I thought he would be a dominant run defender with plenty of TFLs and an efficient pass rusher who might not make the explosive sacks but would be in position to clean up plenty and end with 7-10 sacks a year.  

At the moment he looks a good but not dominant run defender and an invisible pass rusher.  

I was wrong about the defense. all the talk in the offseason about letting the boys up pin their ears back and get after it had me so pumped. at the time on paper it was a talented unit and had proven that philosophy could work in the past. the result has been arguably the worst pass rush in the nfl.

other than that I don't have anything. I had no preconceived notions of how anything else would go I just figured our defense would be solid enough to keep us in games. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I remember that but to my memory it was all retrospective, along with the report that Jimbo Fisher said he didn't have what it takes. 

It could have been prospective, the main issue is that Nix was bound and determined to take a QB in a craptastic class - it's not like there's another 2013 QB draftee we missed.

Nope.  They've painted themselves in a corner time and time again at the QB position, ending up with desperate picks like Losman and EJ and a rotating cast of guys off the scrap heap who they hope against hope will work out.

It's a depressing cycle.

2 hours ago, section122 said:

:thumbsup:

I did such a good job this year not getting sucked in.  Them trading Watkins helped me a lot.  However at 5-2 and getting ready to play the Jets I was fully on board the hype train.  I'm an idiot.

I guess that makes you and me the start of the new Foolish Club! :thumbsup:

I was skeptical all along because we've been here a few times before. This season reminds me a bit of the 2011 season. Started hot, had some comeback wins, beat the Pats at home, etc. And then they just imploded in the second half of the season.

The national media was wrong to buy in and start calling Buffalo a real contender right before the the Jets game. I knew as soon as that stuff started that the team was gonna go lay an egg, and they did... in the national spotlight.... against the friggin' Jets and 74 year old Josh McCown playing for his 279th team and running in 15 yard TDs. 

I was wrong to think that game was a fluke. I figured they were tired, they weren't able to prepare and practice as they normally would and it showed in the form of communication errors and turnovers. I don't know if that game ate away into their collective consciousness or what but since then the train has derailed further and further off the tracks.

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I was wrong about Peterman. dead wrong.

I'm not sure you develop that off of one half but it would be a first to start off like that and make something decent of yourself.  I do know the arrow only ticks up at this point.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Even though our coach won’t admit when he made a mistake I thought it would be fun to admit our mistakes. The point of this thread is to take one point that you were adamant about from the offseason or in season that you regret having. And now for the walk of atonement:

I thought that Frank Reich would be a terrible hire for HC. I thought that it would be a lazy, sentimental hiring for an unqualified candidate. He was maybe my least favorite candidate. He’s done a phenomenal job this year and looks to be high on team’s radar this offseason. In hindsight, he might have been the perfect guy!! I was completely wrong about it and sorry to you Frank Reich. I will not doubt any of the Super Bowl Bills. 

In all actuality the lazy hire was McDermott because they had a plan with him and Beane and didn't deter

7 hours ago, jaycorp51 said:

I was wrong about letting myself become even a little bit optimistic after a 5-2 start. I knew this team had major deficiencies, but I started to believe in them being serious overachievers. Now they're exactly what I thought they'd be this season. 

This is also my fatal flaw as well. 

I said the Bills would only win 4 games this year.

I also was wrong about Peterman giving us the best chance to win last week. I still think you have to see more of him though to make a proper evaluation.

I still Billieve in this coaching staff and future. I pray I'm not wrong here :)

Edited by Real McCoy

I was wrong thinking most Bills fans are logical, practical, well adjusted and sane individuals.  Quite the contrary the majority of us are irrational, prone to outbursts, unstable, and quite possibly insane.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, simool said:

I was wrong thinking most Bills fans are logical, practical, well adjusted and sane individuals.  Quite the contrary the majority of us are irrational, prone to outbursts, unstable, and quite possibly insane.

I think I have to add this one as well.

11 hours ago, P51 said:

Erik Pears being the worst turnstile... I mean RT in league history. There I said it, sorry Jordan.

p.s. Jordan Mills jerseys are 25% off on nflshop.com, get them while they're hot!! Sorry XXL sizes are out of stock. Seriously...

We seem to collect awful tackles. Add Mike gandy,  Mike Williams