Lets get crazy--Andrew Luck

dayman

On 11/16/2017 at 10:13 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

No thanks on Luck, at this point NP has more upside and a higher ceiling. He's a very similar player to Luck anyway.

hahaha.  in what Galaxy?  

43 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I'd trade fro him. They though Brees couldn't bounce back either.

This.  Both shoulder injuries, both taking time to heal.  I absolutely would make the call.  Trade 2 first Rds, this years and next.  He is the best prospect still.  He did a lot with a pretty poor team in Indy.  

On 11/16/2017 at 9:22 PM, dayman said:

Poisoned relationship in Indy. Coming of a season where he has a bad injury that is shrouded in mystery and potentially really bad long term for his shoulder. Perhaps a reasonable price is on his head (maybe only 1 1st or something). 

Lets get crazy. 

Overrated

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Saints took a chance and traded for a QB with a shoulder injury. If there is any chance you can get Luck for two 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick you do it in a heart beat.

Pretty sure Brees was released not traded for

At this point, if we’re gettinf a veteran QB, I’d rather put the money out there and go after Cousins. He’s got a good resume and would allow us to keep the picks and use them elsewhere on the roster. 

Then go flip Tyrod for a 3rd or 4th Round Pick too ?

• 4 weeks later...

The Colts are going to be in good position to get a qb high. What if they are looking to trade Luck to gain picks. The uncertainty of his physical future could make for a very affordable/doable deal.

I don't know, I was just thinking about it. Next year's first, a third this year? Would it be worth the gamble? We should obviously have better protection next year and with all the Cousins talk ,what about Luck?

I can't see why they would not be looking at a qb high in the draft.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

The Colts are going to be in good position to get a qb high. What if they are looking to trade Luck to gain picks. The uncertainty of his physical future could make for a very affordable/doable deal.

I don't know, I was just thinking about it. Next year's first, a third this year? Would it be worth the gamble? We should obviously have better protection next year and with all the Cousins talk ,what about Luck?

Well to play devils advocate, why would you give away your current franchise QB to take a gamble and draft one who may or may not be a franchise QB??? 

The only "negative" of Luck is his shoulder....if they move on from him I would want nothing to do with him because they obviously have big red flags regarding his phyiscal future 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Well to play devils advocate, why would you give away your current franchise QB to take a gamble and draft one who may or may not be a franchise QB??? 

The only "negative" of Luck is his shoulder....if they move on from him I would want nothing to do with him because they obviously have big red flags regarding his phyiscal future 

Injury prone playoff turnover machine for lots of high picks and a back breaking salary cap hit.  That sounds smart.

58 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

He may return as the new Chad Pennington

• Like (+1) 2

well i've heard recently that he is rehabbing in Europe, if i'm not mistaken and there isn't a structural or physical issue ,just a different approach to rehabbing. i don't know what the salary cap situation is in indy so maybe that is a consideration. they never assembled much around peyton over the years, maybe they take a different approach and like what they see in brissett and would chose multiple picks and and some extra cash....not to mention they can draft a qb high.....which is the point i think a few responds have missed.

maybe luck can be had for reasonable picks and maybe he won't be able to get cousins money.  just a thought.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

Why would you trade high draft picks for a QB you say may have uncertainty  because of his injury?

If he was healthy, it would take more than a 1st and a 3rd to get him. You're looking 2 firsts to start, I would think.

51 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

or drew brees

This is true

50 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well i've heard recently that he is rehabbing in Europe, if i'm not mistaken and there isn't a structural or physical issue ,just a different approach to rehabbing. i don't know what the salary cap situation is in indy so maybe that is a consideration. they never assembled much around peyton over the years, maybe they take a different approach and like what they see in brissett and would chose multiple picks and and some extra cash....not to mention they can draft a qb high.....which is the point i think a few responds have missed.

maybe luck can be had for reasonable picks and maybe he won't be able to get cousins money.  just a thought.

Didn't Luck sign like a 7 year $140,000,00+ deal a year or two ago?

Edited by H2o

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why would you trade high draft picks for a QB you say may have uncertainty  because of his injury?

If he was healthy, it would take more than a 1st and a 3rd to get him. You're looking 2 firsts to start, I would think.

a 1st and next year's 1st....shouldn't take any more than that as long as indy takes the moving expenses contract wise. i'm sure they could use two 1round picks this year.

looking at the possible veteran qb moves this off season , maybe he will be in the mix. all just something i was thinking about.