The LA Rams 2017 Turnaround

26CornerBlitz

Good coaches make a tremendous difference. New scheme on offense and a totally new scheme on defense and they are getting results. It doesn’t take years of installation and several drafts to make it work. We see coaches hired every year that have immediate success.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

This team didn't stand pat, especially on offense. The receiver corps was changed with the addition of Kupp, Woods and Watkins. Two offensive linemen were added in center Sullivan and LT whitworth. The Rams had a developing young qb in Goff whose game dramatically improved under a smart  young HC in McVay. Because the OL was upgraded their running game was enhanced with their talented back in Gurley taking some pressure off of the young qb. 

The single most important reason for the Rams leap forward is their qb. The franchise gave up a lot of picks to acquire their franchise qb. Compare that to the Bills who have not had a franchise qb for nearly a quarter of a century. 

Getting Wade Phillips to coordinate the defense is beginning to pay dividends for them beyond the other changes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Getting Wade Phillips to coordinate the defense is beginning to pay dividends for them beyond the other changes. 

I edited my first post to include the importance of Wade Phillips. It isn't an issue which factor is more important. The bottom line is that both sides of the ball were upgraded. That makes for a winning combination. 

Edited by JohnC

I'll go ahead and say it: McVay is the offensive equivalent of Belichick. Like Belichick, he grew up with the game and learned from some of the best minds in history as a kid. Wish we could have interviewed him. 

2 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

IMG_7540.JPG

I'm sure the Rams really miss this guy. LOL

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Funny you should mention this.  I have a high school buddy who is a long time Rams fan.  He is happy that Wade Phillips is their DC, but also wonders if anything is coming through his headset at times.  I told him it is probably tuned to classic country.  No reply from my Rams fan friend.:lol:

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hot competition for coach of the year with Payton and Zimmer as candidates in addition to McVay.

I would give it to McVay.  the entire turnaround in that team is because of him.

Drew Magary (of all people) at Deadpan had an interesting take, based on a quote by Goff, that a large part of the turnaround was simply having a HC and staff txt focused on super tight logistics:  what they ate, when they ate, when they got to the plane, etc. , when they travel.  Stuff fans would take for granted or assume was simple.

Kroenke is a genius...a reclusive, weird one, but a genius nonetheless.  He got a team in LA.  He rode Jeff Fisher to mediocrity and a good quarterback...then he made the switch to a good Coach/OC.  

Surprising, based on what we witnessed in St.L for the past decade.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

The single most important reason for the Rams leap forward is their qb. The franchise gave up a lot of picks to acquire their franchise qb. Compare that to the Bills who have not had a franchise qb for nearly a quarter of a century. 

^^ this ..   as nearly ALL franchise "turnarounds".

4 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Rams are pretty awesome.        They tried to tell us Robert Woods was crazy.   

The offense put up a lot of points last season.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You follow Twitter.

Best source for updates.

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

Obsessed 

You are. Any man that would have this much hate for a Buffalo Bills  player, discredit the good things he has done, discredit his character, post nasty comments towards fellow posters because of it, has some serious issues. There  is a reason why you were banned.

3 minutes ago, Bakin said:

If Goff was a Bill....most of our fans would have run him out of town after his 6th start. 

With the way he played, in the offense he played in, no question.  Everyone would have written him off, bust label front and center.  Development & coaching, it's a hell of combination.

Edited by bouds

Just now, bouds said:

With the way he played, in the offense he played in, no question.  Everyone would be writing him off, calling him a bust.  Development & coaching, it's a hell of combination.

Yup. QB development takes time. 

Bills fans have no patience. Understandably. 

But QBs need 3 years. Some get it earlier. Most don't. 

13 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sorry, my bad. I forgot you're the newsman around this joint and everything nfl matters,

to you.

bowingsmilie.gif

You don't like NFL news and information discussed here? I thought that's what we do....There are many other topics on here about the NFL that are not directly related to the Bills....or you just don't like 26?