The LA Rams 2017 Turnaround

26CornerBlitz

On 12/19/2017 at 2:06 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

While McVay certainly deserves his praise, he took a fairly talented  team in a fairly weak division and the added  some more talent. Meanwhile the Bills are essentially in a rebuild and are competing for a playoff berth in a much tougher division. I know it galls many of you to admit it but McDermott is doing a great job overall.

That is not a fairly weak division... This is post was more on you grasping for something than others. I'm not even sure why we're talking about the Rams, but to call the NFC West a weak division while playing in the AFC East is just a joke. What divisions are better than it? I think only the NFC South can rank ahead. It's the 2nd best division this year

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That is not a fairly weak division... This is post was more on you grasping for something than others. I'm not even sure why we're talking about the Rams, but to call the NFC West a weak division while playing in the AFC East is just a joke. What divisions are better than it? I think only the NFC South can rank ahead. It's the 2nd best division this year

Your comment is fairly typical, underselling the Bills while overselling anyone else.

The NFC West is not as tough as you make it out to be. The 49ers were the Browns-West before the JG trade. The Cardinals were a hollow shell without Carson Palmer. Seattle wasn't close to what expectations were for the Seahawks.

So really a lane opened up for the Rams. Not selling them short, but also recognizing they have an impressive roster and a fairly light schedule.

The Bills, on the other hand, played a much tougher schedule with a much weaker roster. The Jets proved to be far better than preseason predictions. The Dolphins were meh but the Pats were still who they are.

Degree of difficulty favors the Bills.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Your comment is fairly typical, underselling the Bills while overselling anyone else.

The NFC West is not as tough as you make it out to be. The 49ers were the Browns-West before the JG trade. The Cardinals we a hollow shell without Carson Palmer. Seattle wasn't clear to what expectations were for the Seahawks.

So really a lane opened up for the Rams. Not selling them short, but also recognising they have an impressive roster and a fairly light schedule.

The Bills, on the other hand, played a much tougher schedule with a much weaker roster. The Jets proved to be far better than preseason predictions. The Dolphins were meh but the Pats were still who they are.

Just another McDermott hater.

Anyone who still pines for Watkins, Darby or Dareus is.

Talking about Ol Dirty B.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The NFC West is not as tough as you make it out to be. The 49ers were the Browns-West before the JG trade. The Cardinals were a hollow shell without Carson Palmer. Seattle wasn't close to what expectations were for the Seahawks.

So really a lane opened up for the Rams. Not selling them short, but also recognizing they have an impressive roster and a fairly light schedule.

You made my point. The rams are more talented and the better team.

The cards beat Jacksonville and I'm pretty confident they are better than Miami. The only awful team in that division is the SF.

You give the Bills that division and take the rams out of it, the best team, and put the Bills in it and we'd be debating whether the Bills would finish 2nd or 3rd. It's a good division in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The cards beat Jacksonville and I'm pretty confident they are better than Miami. The only awful team in that division is the SF.

You give the Bills that division and take the rams out of it, the best team, and put the Bills in it and we'd be debating whether the Bills would finish 2nd or 3rd. It's a good division in my opinion.

Not anymore with their shiny new QB.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not anymore with their shiny new QB.

We'll see. I'm still holding out hope the league will catch up with him, even though that looks more and more like it will be wrong.

Or maybe I should hope he's great and the pats can't find a qb for the next 100 years. I don't know what to do with that one 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 12/28/2017 at 6:05 PM, nedboy7 said:

Must hurt to see so many bills players do better on other teams. You can add TT to the list next year. 

Too soon for this fire take.  

How many teams will line up to downgrade their passing offense to 29th ???. 

Woods Watkins Goodwin and Hogan are just better at what they do.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

52 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Maybe I misread your post. I thought you were arguing the Rams winning the NFCW was more impressive than the Bills earning a wild card berth. I agree. The Bills are nowhere near as talented as the Rams.

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Dolphins were meh and the Jets finished behind them, who cares that they won 5 games rather than 2?

PFR's simple rating system had the strength of schedule pretty close between the two teams, FWIW.  -.2 for the Rams and -.5 for the Bills on a scale where 0.0 is average and the ranges are 2.2 to -2.8.  Both teams had an easier schedule as compared to the average team.  And I think the Bills being -.5 means they actually had an easier schedule.

Edited by jmc12290