My open letter to you all

I know I have posted this before but I wanted to say this all again to all you Bills fans on here

Like many others I’m sure, my father raised me as a Bills fan and it is one of the best things that has happened to me (besides the birth of my daughter and son and marrying my wife)

It is one of my fathers and mines closest bonds and still is to this day. Every day we talk about the Bills and what we think needs to be done with the team or the latest rumors we hear. I tell him that I get all my sources from this message board. You all are great. I rarely need to check Twitter or Google anything because I know that someone will have posted something on here first and it holds true 100% of the time. This board is truly amazing and I feel honored to be a member and fellow poster.

Looking back through all the years I have come to realize that many of many of my happiest memories come from the Bills. Especially going to New Era Field

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, we don’t get to experience the level of fun, excitement, and comradery that one experiences going to Bills games in Buffalo.

I always get to the stadium early around 8am, just to take everything in. I stop at the duty free where friendly nods are exchanged with other Canadians wearing Bills jersey’s and shakes of the head are exchanged at fellow stupid Canadians who are wearing the jersey of a team who isn’t even playing.

I pull in to the parking lot and as soon as I open my car door I am greeted with everything I have been looking forward to since I bought my tickets in the summer.

I see all my fellow Bills fans and just feel at home. I hear the sounds of chatter, laughter and sports radio talk as fans tailgate with their trunk open and the radio on. I get to see special moments happen in front of me such as a father tossing around the football with his son. I also am greeted with the wonderful smell of tailgating. Oh what a smell. It’s just too perfect. I always tell people who never have been to a Bills game in Buffalo that the game itself is just one part of the experience and that the hours before the game are just as special.

I have been going to Bills games for the past 28 years and there has never been a time that I remember where I was made fun of for being Canadian. In fact, I sometimes get thanks for my countries strong beer lol

I just wanted to thank all of you for playing a part in some of my best memories and for being the main reason why Bills fans are among the most passionate and best fans in the world and for the great feeling that we are all part of one enormous family. I don't know what I would do without this board. I look forward to coming online here every day and interacting with my second family. You guys really do rock. We may not always see eye to eye on everything but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes this place so great. Thanks for helping me make it through the work day every day you guys!

Go BIlls!!!!!!!

And.....

I love you all so much!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (for the shoutbox people)

From your Canadian Bills Fan

CBF

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

A great reminder of why we endure the long suffering.   My son is just about to turn six and its been a complete blessing to share the team with him despite the losses.  I told him he is free to be a fan of any team of his choosing, but he wants to be a Bills fan.

Much love to you for this reminder.  Thank you and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

A great reminder of why we endure the long suffering.   My son is just about to turn six and its been a complete blessing to share the team with him despite the losses.  I told him he is free to be a fan of any team of his choosing, but he wants to be a Bills fan.

Much love to you for this reminder.  Thank you and Go Bills!

You are a much better person than I am. I told mine that Santa only comes to kids who are Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Juice_32 said:

You are a much better person than I am. I told mine that Santa only comes to kids who are Bills fans.

Haha, learned the lesson the hard way.  I assumed until I was 8 my Dad was a Bills fan.  Found out in 1991 he was actually a Raiders fan.  Still loved hearing his stories about Jack Tatum though.  1991 also happened to be the 51-3 game, so a bit of poetic justice as well.

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

There is simply no doubt that the Bills have the best fans in the history of professional sports.  No other team would have the attendence we have, a message board as solid as this one, or sold-out stadiums with a 17 year playoff drought.  

I think every fan base thinks they are the best fan base in the world. 

Thank you CBF.

I am a Bills fan by choice. Born and raised in the South Bay Area, I chose to cheer for the Bills, because I liked Jim Kelly. Meanwhile my whole family are 49'ers fans and I had to watch them be the team of the 80's.

I have been to my share of Bills games over the years, yet I have never been to Rich/Ralph Wilson/New Era Stadium/Field.

Next year I plan on changing that, by making my first ever trip to Buffalo. I've been friends with Ken Johnson for years now, so I know where to go for tailgating. Aside from that, I really look forward to seeing the city of Buffalo and having everyone here tell me where to go and what to see while I am there.

• Like (+1) 1

So let me get this straight, 28 years and NOBODY has ever picked on you for being Canadian? Are we talking about the same stadium? Middle of nowhere? Big blue buffalo with red racing stripes painted all over it? Miserable team on the field, 90s notwithstanding? 

Edited by transient

This week after our usual texting session during a game, my final text to my 19 year old son was sincere apology for being the cause of his Bills fandom and the Bills heartbreak he has known literally his whole life.  It wasn't the first time I had apologized to him for that 

9 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I know I have posted this before but I wanted to say this all again to all you Bills fans on here

Like many others I’m sure, my father raised me as a Bills fan and it is one of the best things that has happened to me (besides the birth of my daughter and son and marrying my wife)

It is one of my fathers and mines closest bonds and still is to this day. Every day we talk about the Bills and what we think needs to be done with the team or the latest rumors we hear. I tell him that I get all my sources from this message board. You all are great. I rarely need to check Twitter or Google anything because I know that someone will have posted something on here first and it holds true 100% of the time. This board is truly amazing and I feel honored to be a member and fellow poster.

Looking back through all the years I have come to realize that many of many of my happiest memories come from the Bills. Especially going to New Era Field

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, we don’t get to experience the level of fun, excitement, and comradery that one experiences going to Bills games in Buffalo.

I always get to the stadium early around 8am, just to take everything in. I stop at the duty free where friendly nods are exchanged with other Canadians wearing Bills jersey’s and shakes of the head are exchanged at fellow stupid Canadians who are wearing the jersey of a team who isn’t even playing.

I pull in to the parking lot and as soon as I open my car door I am greeted with everything I have been looking forward to since I bought my tickets in the summer.

I see all my fellow Bills fans and just feel at home. I hear the sounds of chatter, laughter and sports radio talk as fans tailgate with their trunk open and the radio on. I get to see special moments happen in front of me such as a father tossing around the football with his son. I also am greeted with the wonderful smell of tailgating. Oh what a smell. It’s just too perfect. I always tell people who never have been to a Bills game in Buffalo that the game itself is just one part of the experience and that the hours before the game are just as special.

I have been going to Bills games for the past 28 years and there has never been a time that I remember where I was made fun of for being Canadian. In fact, I sometimes get thanks for my countries strong beer lol

I just wanted to thank all of you for playing a part in some of my best memories and for being the main reason why Bills fans are among the most passionate and best fans in the world and for the great feeling that we are all part of one enormous family. I don't know what I would do without this board. I look forward to coming online here every day and interacting with my second family. You guys really do rock. We may not always see eye to eye on everything but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes this place so great. Thanks for helping me make it through the work day every day you guys!

Go BIlls!!!!!!!

And.....

I love you all so much!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (for the shoutbox people)

From your Canadian Bills Fan

CBF

Next time put a towel around your bum!!

10 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I can always talk about the Bills with my Dad. I come back almost every season and we go to a game. We are going to the Pats game in a few weeks. 

Have fun. Bring us home a W!

It's too bad we lose so much, but being a football fan is fun win or lose.  There are a lot worse things in life that rooting for a mediocre at best football team.

Go BILLS!!

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1