Whither Preston Brown?

Used to be a fan of PB Blaster.  But his play in the last two games is just mystifying.  He used to be a nasty badass, hitting and tacking everything in his wake.  Now, he's just getting absolutely manhandled out there.  When he is in position to make a play, he doesn't.  Saw him getting blocked and blown up all day today, didn't matter if it was TE, FB, G, T, C, WR, they chewed him up and spit him out.  When your Mike in a 4-3 sucks, you're going nowhere.  Let's hope he gets his [stuff] together soon.  

He might have been the worst player on the field today and there was a lot of bad performances to choose from.

If I was the coach I am moving Alexander to MLB and getting Humber and Milano on the field at OLB. 

Why is Milano not out there? He was our best LB this season. 

P Brown hasn't played well since his rookie year. This year is  no different. He'd be a capable backup as 'first man up', but it looks like that's all he'll ever be. Don't always fall for the preseason hype about what a great season some guy looks poised to have. They said the same  thing about Shaq last Summer.

3 hours ago, billspro said:

He might have been the worst player on the field today and there was a lot of bad performances to choose from.

If I was the coach I am moving Alexander to MLB and getting Humber and Milano on the field at OLB. 

Why is Milano not out there? He was our best LB this season. 

I'd keep brown and drop Alexander. Haven't seen a decent game from zo this year.

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

I have been saying the same thing.   Ragland was great in college and seems like they did not give him a chance to recover from knee surgery

Yeah lighting it up in KC. Oooo wait maybe not

• Like (+1) 1

All together the D-line and LBs were garbage, but there were several plays where PB failed to blast the running lane. He would often run into the back of his lineman. Really bad day for him in run support and coverage. That PI was horrible as well. He had plenty of time to turn around and play the ball.

For the people saying he is fading the second half of the season, can you please point to the first half of the season the guy had to justify saying that?  He makes absolutely no impact, none.  He doesn't do anything well.  Time and time again the guy gets to his gap just in time to get blown up by the guard and watch the running back slide by him.  He is too slow to cover anyone, and not strong enough to shed blocks.   Seems like a great person, but I am looking forward to not having to watch him play next year.

He should be making his money when the runner gets to the second level, instead he is trying to shed a blocker and watching Hyde and Poyer deal with his mess.

Humber, Brown and Lorax don't fit the scheme.  Take a look at Carolina's linebackers...all fast, can cover and blitz well. They also stuff the run.  All of our linebackers need to be replaced but I think Beane and McDermott know that, that's why they draft two linebackers.  Brown would be the only one that some might consider but he's too slow.  Humber may be resigned for depth or if they don't get to replacing him as we have many holes but eventually all should be replaced