Team again quit on McDermott

BADOLBILZ

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

the question is, do we take a QB THIS year and leave him surrounded by a bunch of no-talent JAGs or do we use our multiple picks to get some actual talent on this team before drafting a QB? I suspect we will have to do the former and use up all our draft picks to move up and get that QB.

you HAVE to get a QB first.

otherwise the rest of the "talent" rots.

8 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

the question is, do we take a QB THIS year and leave him surrounded by a bunch of no-talent JAGs or do we use our multiple picks to get some actual talent on this team before drafting a QB? I suspect we will have to do the former and use up all our draft picks to move up and get that QB.

Stop. Punting. On. QBs. 

We wouldnt even have this problem if we just drafted Watson.

This team was dominated from kick-off... Do you truly belie the Bills players decided to throw in the towel before it began??... No.  They were just dominated and had no answers to a better team.  Outplayed and Outcoached.

Gotta love this new buzz word though!  Let's use our heads to make some real opinions!  We're better than that Bills Fans!!!!

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No question.

This is basically Pegula letting these guys do whatever the !@#$ they want because he doesn't have a clue.... if they aren't winning by the end of next year they'll be on the hot seat.

How do you come to his conclusion? Most former coaches and football people have said McDermott and Beane were the right guys. Beane would be GM in Carolina if not for coming to Buffalo. An owner should not meddle in GM responsibilities as the GM I am sure informs the owner ahead of time. Beane and McDermott have to be given several drafts in order to get the type of players they want. I would be very surprised if Pegula put them on the hotseat after two seasons.....especially since Whaley got an extension. 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Really?  The idea of being among the highest paid players at their position with poor performance should be held out in high regard?

I thought you were suggesting that Easterbrook's comment was out of line. I think he has a point: I haven't looked at the numbers, but I doubt you'll find a higher paid "side of the O line" (C-G-T) than Wood-Richie-Glenn.  We hear an awful lot about the problems on that neglected right side of the line, and that's been true for a lot of years now (Erick Pears, anyone?). But this year the Big 3 haven't done their job in opening up running lanes on that left side either. It's one thing for Vlad Ducasse and Jordan Mills to fail; that's pretty much expected based on what they are. When guys who are taking home a collective $25 million (roughly the total for 2017 for the Big 3) and they're not performing, you got a big, big problem.  

EDIT: take it with a grain of salt (and watch the small sample size with Glenn), but here's PFF's grades for the Big 3 in 2017 (not counting yesterday's apocalypse yet):  Richie - 14th rated G; Wood - 17th among C; Glenn - 47th best T.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876632/article/gifs-that-help-tell-the-story-of-the-nfl-in-week-10

Just a reminder to keep your dignity and rooting interests intact when an opposing player enters your airspace. I'm not saying you should dump a beer on the guy or anything, but this dad serves as a PSA of how not to handle such a situation. Mark Ingram is right to shoo him away.  Clearly these Bills "fans" were more happy with him making a play against the Bills than anything else.

I am sure other "great supporting fanbases" do not cheer for opposing players - cannot see this happening in Green Bay.

Edited by Limeaid

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Just a reminder to keep your dignity and rooting interests intact when an opposing player enters your airspace. I'm not saying you should dump a beer on the guy or anything, but this dad serves as a PSA of how not to handle such a situation. Mark Ingram is right to shoo him away.  Clearly these Bills "fans" were more happy with him making a play against the Bills than anything else.

In all honesty, what did these Bills fans have to look forward to all day?..........at least "some" team came to play and at least "some" players were scoring TD's.

I don't condone it, but i'm not going to scold some fans who spend their hard earned money on tickets and merchandise and then get embarrassed every week.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876632/article/gifs-that-help-tell-the-story-of-the-nfl-in-week-10

I am sure other "great supporting fanbases" do not cheer for opposing players - cannot see this happening in Green Bay.

I cannot believe that guy, wearing Bills gear, celebrating with Ingram ....

11 hours ago, simool said:

I think they at least have 3 years, if not 4. Probably guaranteed too. I cannot see either McDermott or Beane coming here without assurances. They saw the epic gutting that need to occur here and they saw the plug get pulled on Rex.  No way either comes here without something to address those concerns.

Bravado my man. I highly doubt Peg is going to give anyone more than 2 years without showing progress. I doubt they would get fired at the same time but i could see one goinf if we had sayb 2 straight 7 - 9 seasons.

15 hours ago, teef said:

we had an early snow already, and it finally knocked all the leaves off the trees.  it's going to be wet here the next week or two, so i decided to record the bills game and watch it when i was done.  i was bombarded by angry texts, so i looked at the score.  i didn't even bother to watch the game.  

that being said, was it really that bad?  i know the score showed it, but people are pissed.  we all knew that this is a rebuild project, but wow are people pissed.

I was so disgusted that, where I normally watch the best 2nd game matchup and usually watch the Sun nite game depending on the matchup on paper (Den/New Eng didn't seem so bad), I cancelled the recordings and watched a couple comedy movies instead. 

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we see an overhaul in the front 7 like we had in the secondary this year.

I see at least 4 new starters next year in the front 7.  

Could be all seven. Which of them deserve to return?

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think defensive tackle and MLB are going to be priorities in the offseason along with QB.

I see two new starting DT's, a new starting MLB and DE opposite Jerry Hughes next year.

I don't think the human personal foul penalty (Hughes) returns.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

15 hours ago, papazoid said:

team is not quitting.

trading away talent and lack of depth is catching up to them.

beane/mcd not going anywhere.

Yes, consider, that from the team that finished last season, 3 former 1st round picks (Watkins, Gillmore, Dareus) and 4 former 2nd end picks (Woods, Darby, Ragland, Kouandjio) are gone.  Not all of those players lived up to their draft position but that's a lot of talent shipped out.