Derek Carr Got Hurt Over Anthem Protests

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"The wife of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes claimed Tuesday morning the Oakland Raiders offensive line allowed Derek Carr to get hurt because he did not join the anthem protests.

“A lot of people don’t know, but the reason Derek Carr got injured was because the Raiders offensive line allowed him to get injured,” 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/wife-of-nfl-player-claims-raiders-let-derek-carr-get-hurt-over-anthem-protests/

I saw this early yesterday and ignored it as total bullschit. I guess I shouldn't be surprised someone thought it was thread worthy.

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Shes pretty typical of that whole movement, I think.

She's only typical if one chooses to want her to be, and her over the top commentary (I don't buy her story) does not negate the history of the United States.  We can track from the Settlers/Native Americans, slavery, reconstruction, the trail of tears, Jim Crow, Japanese internment camps, etc. and find rampant systemic and situational discrimination.  You can also find the law and police role in those things too (Not saying all police/lawyers/judges are bad). There were mass killings long before Las Vegas or Columbine; there were entire black towns eradicated.  People killed in mass by mobs.  Those tendrils do not just disappear because the calendar changes.   There have always been those who seek to discriminate -- and present what, in their minds, passes for justification -- and those who have no other option except to struggle against it. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Casey D said:

I do not find your argument persuasive.  It is the equivalent of someone saying all Republicans are racists.  Some are, but that does not mean it is the core belief of the party. 

BLM is looking for justice for African Americans in how they are treated by police compared to white people.  Showing me an extremist hot head does not prove your point that BLM is just a slimy cause against white people, any more than Charlottesville shows all Republicans are white supremacists.  

BLM has a point.  It flows from a history of slavery to Jim Crow and on-going racism in America.  Do I agree with every, or even most of what they do, no.  But they have a valid point of view if you examine all sorts of statistics on police behavior.

The fact that NFL players have the stature to draw attention to this matter does not make them hypocrites, they are using their status to make a point to help less fortunate people who are largely powerless in our system.

I know we will never agree on this, but I promise I don't think you are a racist just because we disagree.

Why don't you actually look up police shooting statistics before spewing BS.

Police kill twice as many white people as they do black people. They kill the same amount of unarmed white and black people.

Black people commit murders against white people far more than white people kill blacks. They're also 27 times more likely to attack a white person.

Schools are filled with liberals professors. In some areas there's 27 liberal teachers to just 1 conservative teacher. They teach kids to hate white men in those schools. And like in the video he posted, there's been several professors who have said they want white genocide. 

The hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen trended on twitter a couple years ago. Tens of thousands of people were tweeting they wanted to kill all white men. Of course the media didn't make a peep about that. Substitute the word white with black and the reaction would've been insane.

I could go on and on with stuff where white people are actually the ones discriminated against these days.

6 minutes ago, purple haze said:

She's only typical if one chooses to want her to be, and her over the top commentary (I don't buy her story) does not negate the history of the United States.  We can track from the Settlers/Native Americans, slavery, reconstruction, the trail of tears, Jim Crow, Japanese internment camps, etc. and find rampant systemic and situational discrimination.  You can also find the law and police role in those things too (Not saying all police/lawyers/judges are bad). There were mass killings long before Las Vegas or Columbine; there were entire black towns eradicated.  People killed in mass by mobs.  Those tendrils do not just disappear because the calendar changes.   There have always been those who seek to discriminate -- and present what, in their minds, passes for justification -- and those who have no other option except to struggle against it. 

So, I'm white. (Duh.)

My family arrived here AFTER 1900, never lived in the south, never owned a slave, never killed an indian, never worked in a Japanese internment camp. But the clowns that lead BLM almost uniformly support white people paying reparations to the black community. It's not about justice, it never has been. It's about retribution toward people that bear NO responsibility for the past...or guilt for it for that matter. It's also NOT about equality or integration, either. Just watch the video I posted, and you'll see exactly what it IS about. For all these reasons I will never empathize with, agree with or support Black Lives Matter.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

I had seen similar threads in other forums at the time he was injured, and the "video evidence" they provided was totally stupid. The O-Line struggled before and since, and in any case, the plays presented as "proof" were not conclusive at all. And just recall how the team went hard to defend him after a questionable hit, and Lynch got his one-game suspension. So while it COULD be possible, maybe from a few players, I highly doubt it, and it's just noise.

But this issue sure drags on and on, as it was easy to predict it would, as it's so open-ended. When/what has to happen for it to stop, for the complainers to be satisfied? There is no set goal post here. Nobody's keeping any score. No definite goal in site but "justice" according to their own definition of it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Casey D said:

I do not find your argument persuasive.  It is the equivalent of someone saying all Republicans are racists.  Some are, but that does not mean it is the core belief of the party. 

BLM is looking for justice for African Americans in how they are treated by police compared to white people.  Showing me an extremist hot head does not prove your point that BLM is just a slimy cause against white people, any more than Charlottesville shows all Republicans are white supremacists.  

BLM has a point.  It flows from a history of slavery to Jim Crow and on-going racism in America.  Do I agree with every, or even most of what they do, no.  But they have a valid point of view if you examine all sorts of statistics on police behavior.

The fact that NFL players have the stature to draw attention to this matter does not make them hypocrites, they are using their status to make a point to help less fortunate people who are largely powerless in our system.

I know we will never agree on this, but I promise I don't think you are a racist just because we disagree.

I am only going to take part of your cockatoo nonsense to reply to 

No one is equating BLM to a political organization.  There is no organization of BLM as it is effectively Anarchy. It is run by individual groups of people across the country. It is exactly like police departments. Each unit operates independently. However, to bring up Charlottesville allows the lay man, you, to bring up kkk nonsense therefore anyone who disagrees supports the kkk.

You could have done much better here. 

As far as them being Hypocrites. They're not. The majority of those protesting in the NFL are morons who lack an educational upbringing that would even promote the idea their intelligence could fathom how wrong they are... Because even if you showed them they're wrong to be doing so based purely on facts - they go with CRT and it won't matter.

Snowflakes got feelings to matter more than facts. It's !@#$ing scary 

45 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I saw this early yesterday and ignored it as total bullschit. I guess I shouldn't be surprised someone thought it was thread worthy.

If morons kneeling is thread worthy than this is thread worthy. 

Stupidity knows no bounds when seeking an audience. 

The Kardashians are waving hello...

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"The wife of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes claimed Tuesday morning the Oakland Raiders offensive line allowed Derek Carr to get hurt because he did not join the anthem protests.

“A lot of people don’t know, but the reason Derek Carr got injured was because the Raiders offensive line allowed him to get injured,” 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/wife-of-nfl-player-claims-raiders-let-derek-carr-get-hurt-over-anthem-protests/

It's Daily Caller, the propaganda arm of the alt-right... DUH they would claim some bulls*%^t like this!

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Apparently this isn't the first time this has come up, this was out there on October 6th. Where there's smoke...

https://www.snopes.com/oakland-raiders-players-punish-derek-carr-standing-national-anthem/

Where there's smoke, there is a smoke machine being operated by some extremist rat bastards.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's Daily Caller, the propaganda arm of the alt-right... DUH they would claim some bulls*%^t like this!

Your opinion is priceless. 

It's so priceless we should be paid to read it.

Grimes is the source. The DC only reported on it.

Sorry when stories don't align with your snow globe.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Your opinion is priceless. 

It's so priceless we should be paid to read it.

Grimes is the source. The DC only reported on it.

Sorry when stories don't align with your snow globe.  

Better stay away from your Carolina firehose...

You people NEVER change. Your rebellious flag underoos are showing again.

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Better stay away from your Carolina firehose...

You people NEVER change. Your rebellious flag underoos are showing again.

Who is my people?

I'm a 1/8 black 1/16 Hispanic farmer. Trust me. There aren't many of "my people" out there...

Seriously, who's my people, Mr raysis?

The DC was started by Tucker Carlson. He is not alt right. Try interneting some time

Edited by Boyst62

18 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You can read! Congratulations!

Well, have you found the fortitude and become brave enough yet to tell me who my people are?

Because I can tell you. I am Jesus and my people are everyone. My people are those whom I suffered for on the cross as my dad left me there.  My people is everyone. I paid the price for your sins

You're welcome. 

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Well, have you found the fortitude and become brave enough yet to tell me who my people are?

Because I can tell you. I am Jesus and my people are everyone. My people are those whom I suffered for on the cross as my dad left me there.  My people is everyone. I paid the price for your sins

You're welcome. 

I call bullschit.  Everyone knows God hates the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Police kill twice as many white people as they do black people. They kill the same amount of unarmed white and black people.

Black people commit murders against white people far more than white people kill blacks. They're also 27 times more likely to attack a white person.

Schools are filled with liberals professors. In some areas there's 27 liberal teachers to just 1 conservative teacher. They teach kids to hate white men in those schools. And like in the video he posted, there's been several professors who have said they want white genocide. 

The hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen trended on twitter a couple years ago. Tens of thousands of people were tweeting they wanted to kill all white men. Of course the media didn't make a peep about that. Substitute the word white with black and the reaction would've been insane.

I could go on and on with stuff where white people are actually the ones discriminated against these days.

Your arguments, I suppose, are from the talking points made by your KKK chapter.   Bigots who want to justify racism  always find a way.  

FYI, since there are about 3 times more non-Hispanic whites in the US than there are blacks, the police should be killing 3 times as many whites as blacks in order for your numbers to represent anything but racist propaganda.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Where there's smoke, there is a smoke machine being operated by some extremist rat bastards.

Is that what the Daily Caller is?  Would make sense the OP has never posted a positive thing about a single black qb but loves every crappy white one. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's a shame that this country can't have a conversation about opposing views without insulting the other.  I look at it this way.  As a white male who has grown up in sheltered privilege, I have been given a faster start than many others.  Getting a college education and never having to worry about violence near my house or problems with my family.  Many young minorities today are brought up in situations that set them back due to our system.  They do not have the same opportunities as most white youths do and that stems back to their history in this country of being slaves and starting from absolutely nothing.  Maybe if we helped those struggling children who may not have two parents, grow up with shooting and violence all around them and struggle to get food on the table on a daily basis we would not have these problems in our society.  White people have a better start than minorities in this country and that's the way it's been since the beginning.  The NFL has provided a stage for these people who are not given the opportunities privileged white people have been and then blamed for shooting each other when that's all they've known their whole lives.  The few that survive this or don't have to be subjected to it have now started to speak up for the others.  I don't blame them for standing up for themselves.  Our system in this country doesn't exactly put them in a position to be successful.  If we don't help them get up to speed and even out the starting point in this race of life, there will always be problems like this that need a stage like the NFL just to get people to open their eyes to what's happening outside their little world that they live in.  If you don't think these things are happening, go to city slums where young kids grow up in terrible situations.  Yet, we expect young minorities to act like privileged white youths in this country whose biggest problems are the ones on their college exams.  I just think it's a horrible shame that we don't address this problem.  

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoTier said:

Well, you certainly are demonstrating that you know your own.

Well, 1 thing. I actually know Joe. And while he is not very attractive or smart, while he is not very well educated or charming and lacks grace and civility. ... Well, I know he's not racist.

And he hasn't displayed a bit of racism in this thread.  

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You finally decide to try using a comma and you fuct it up.

@DC Tom

Coma coma coma coma coma chameleon 

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

haha

what a tool. you know less than jack **** about me.

stick to what you're good at....knowing nothing about building football teams. :lol:

I don't to "know" anything more about you than the opinions you expressed on this thread.  

Well, 1 thing. I actually know Joe. And while he is not very attractive or smart, while he is not very well educated or charming and lacks grace and civility. ... Well, I know he's not racist.

Oh, you mean he hasn't posted a selfie wearing his KKK togs?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoTier said:

I don't to "know" anything more about you than the opinions you expressed on this thread.  

So, saying that BLM is a vindictive organization unconcerned with equality or justice, but rather reparations and retribution makes me a racist?

Got it.

Tell your mother to take the keyboard away. The grownups are talking.

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

So, your entire opinion is based off of #feelings and you are just #hurt over that because his opinions differ from yours so he must be #raysis?

Melts my heart. My cold bitter heart can be melted by a ❄️...

PS. You clearly don't get it. Please, just excuse yourself. No one is doing themselves a favor in this thread. 

Edited by Boyst62

Coma coma coma coma coma chameleon 

I don’t know either of you. But would you honestly call a guy you have very similar opinions a racist?

Just knowing you two from this board, I don’t think you’re racists. I think you have very old school, conservative, and possibly sheltered views. Which is perfectly fine. When it doesn’t become fine is when you lack empathy for other people’s problems. This is the best country in the world but it is rapidly falling apart.  Instead of finding common ground, every clings to their stupid “side” and tries to pimp how right they are.  There is no black and white but gray.  

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So, saying that BLM is a vindictive organization unconcerned with equality or justice, but rather reparations and retribution makes me a racist?

Got it.

Tell your mother to take the keyboard away. The grownups are talking.

Grouping millions of people together is always a good look. It’s like saying everyone whovoted for Don is a racist.  While there are a bunch of idiots in both groups, it’s unfair and stupid  to group them all together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, suorangefan4 said:

Link?  Not that I want to wade into this muck, but its not that simple - lots of relevance in this article:

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.e4ed0330d51e

https://www.snopes.com/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

Shouldn't this be in PPP anyway?

Also, Miko Grimes is crazy - AND I'M OUT... :beer:

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know either of you. But would you honestly call a guy you have very similar opinions a racist?

Just knowing you two from this board, I don’t think you’re racists. I think you have very old school, conservative, and possibly sheltered views. Which is perfectly fine. When it doesn’t become fine is when you lack empathy for other people’s problems. This is the best country in the world but it is rapidly falling apart.  Instead of finding common ground, every clings to their stupid “side” and tries to pimp how right they are.  There is no black and white but gray.  

Grouping millions of people together is always a good look. It’s like saying everyone whovoted for Don is a racist.  While there are a bunch of idiots in both groups, it’s unfair and stupid  to group them all together.

If I get a chance I'll pm you. My sheltered views changed at 20.   I'm not at all conservative, either. Socially speaking I'm as free as gugny on a Friday night. 

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Link?  Not that I want to wade into this muck, but its not that simple - lots of relevance in this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.e4ed0330d51e

https://www.snopes.com/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

Shouldn't this be in PPP anyway?

Also, Miko Grimes is crazy - AND I'M OUT... :beer:

That’s the funniest thing about this whole stupid thread.  It was posted by an OP who makes the most insane posts and it was about a chick who might be insane. 

23 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Your arguments, I suppose, are from the talking points made by your KKK chapter.   Bigots who want to justify racism  always find a way.  

FYI, since there are about 3 times more non-Hispanic whites in the US than there are blacks, the police should be killing 3 times as many whites as blacks in order for your numbers to represent anything but racist propaganda.

If you look at the amount of criminals instead of the total population, since young black men commit an alarmingly high amount of crimes, the statistics show that Law enforcement shoot Asians a disproportionate amount of times compared to other races.

There is also no real data separating Hispanics from other whites, anything that cites those numbers are extrapolating their own bull%$#&.

do-you-want-h3j6bj.jpg

If I get a chance I'll pm you. My sheltered views changed at 20.   I'm not at all conservative, either. Socially speaking I'm as free as gugny on a Friday night. 

I know man. We have some different opinions on things but you seem like a good dude. 

Sadly, and I include myself, adults can’t have civil conversations anymore.