With half a season down, how goes the second half?

MTBill

14 hours ago, dpberr said:

We will know more in the first half of the Saints game.  In years past, a beat down in one game had a hangover that spanned several.

If this year is THE year, the New Orleans game is going to tell you a whole lot.  

^^^this is a very true point that you make. Im hoping the "hangover" doesn't linger like years past

I don't see how we don't get at least 8 wins.  Colts, at least 1 from Miami and their usual surprise win (I'll pick NE away as the surprise)

Then we have Miami, chiefs, NE home, saints, chargers.  They should be able to take 1-2 of these games getting them to 9-10 wins.

This is of course the wheels don't completely fall off.

I think the last game was an aberration. You don't play the way the Bills played for the first 7 games, then because they stunk one game automatically think one game is the norm and 7 games are the exception.  Of course, a lot of people are saying that because it's either a defense mechanism or they secretly want their team to lose for some bizarre reason.

Looking ahead, I think the following:

New Orleans:  McD will have ten days to get his team back to playing the kind of solid fundamentals (good tackling, etc.) that characterized their first 7 games.  They will defend the dirt and win somewhere around 27-24.  Hauschka makes the difference.

After that I don't predict.  Take one game at a time.

NO-a very close win

SD-a very close win

KC-a very close loss

NE-a very close win(home)

IND-surprisingly a very close win (we are not blowing the roof off of anyone)

MIA-a very close win(home)

NE-a very close loss

MIA-a very close loss

...i have them at 10-6 for the year....

1 minute ago, JPP said:

NO-a very close win

SD-a very close win

KC-a very close loss

NE-a very close win(home)

IND-surprisingly a very close win (we are not blowing the roof off of anyone)

MIA-a very close win(home)

NE-a very close loss

MIA-a very close loss

...i have them at 10-6 for the year....

Quarterbacks that have 70 percent completion percentage or higher are going to win against this Bills team. 

Brees, Smith beat us. Cutler and Brady are close to 70 percent so we can say 2-2 in those games. Beat Indy, Beat SD. 

I see 9-7

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Quarterbacks that have 70 percent completion percentage or higher are going to win against this Bills team. 

Brees, Smith beat us. Cutler and Brady are close to 70 percent so we can say 2-2 in those games. Beat Indy, Beat SD. 

I see 9-7

Siemian had higher at the time we played them i recall and the broncos were playing very good up to that point....believe matt ryan had as well.....just because a qb has over a rating of 70 will not constitute a loss IMO......Did you see Cutler play vs Oakland...the guy sucks...sure he had a huge rating that evening but it all check downs plus Oakland's D looked downright awful that night....

after the jets game, i really have no idea.  it was such a gross loss, that i have no idea if it was an outlier, or has this team just hit its wall?  as the majority of posters in this thread have mentioned, the saints game will give us a big heads up.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

after the jets game, i really have no idea.  it was such a gross loss, that i have no idea if it was an outlier, or has this team just hit its wall?  as the majority of posters in this thread have mentioned, the saints game will give us a big heads up.

Teef has usually been a good balancing poster through the years for my ever changing moods.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Teef has usually been a good balancing poster through the years for my ever changing moods.

i just don't know what to think anymore.  i mean...i know it's been said a million times this past week, but the jets game was such a shockingly bad performance that for the first time, i really questioned this staff.  it happens.  every team can have a stinker, but we as fans have seen those stinkers turn into two or three in a row.  we'll see.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

i just don't know what to think anymore.  i mean...i know it's been said a million times this past week, but the jets game was such a shockingly bad performance that for the first time, i really questioned this staff.  it happens.  every team can have a stinker, but we as fans have seen those stinkers turn into two or three in a row.  we'll see.

you are a good sensible guide, i listen to you enough to swear back when you have called me out on my total BS.

i agree fully

Bills have to basically go 5-1 on the non-Pats remaining games for a solid playoff spot and the Saints are clearly a tough opponent.

I really could see the Bills losing the next 4, that is why the Jets loss was so bad. The Bills have forced 17 turnovers in the first half which is second in the NFL. With the weak pass rush and thin secondary we have, I think that is very flukey.  Further, the next four games are against the Saints (7th fewest giveaways), Chargers (4th fewest), Chiefs (fewest), Patriots (2nd fewest).

In the end, I say the Bills beat the Colts and Dolphins at home, and find one more win (probably NO at home or @MIA) and finish 8-8.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia

This Bills team is showing their usual tendency to wilt and get out-schemed as the season goes on.  Since there are 8 games left, this is when McD and his staff have to separate themselves from the past Bills failures and rise up.

It's quite obvious the Bills have 3 more losses to play with.  10-6 is the record they need to achieve.  I'm going to assume they split with Miami and New England.  That means they have one loss to give between NO, SD, KC and Indy.  Honestly it's gonna be very tough.  They MUST beat the Saints on Sunday at home and of course Indy and split those other two road games.

In the end, if the Bills miss the playoffs I think the Cincinnati game is what kills them.  Being +3 in turnovers while the game was in the balance and not being able to cash in and put them away was atrocious.  That game was a nightmare loss for a team desperate to break the drought.