With half a season down, how goes the second half?

MTBill

With what we know about this team (and our opponents) from the first 8 games....  What do you expect the results are from the final 8?

New Orleans - I expect this to be the first home loss of the season.  We won't be able to contain them.  I'd say 24-17 Saints.

@ LA Chargers - I expect this to be a road win - not an easy one, but a road win.  28-24 Bills

@ Kansas City - I can't envision the Bills winning in Kansas City, always a tough road game and the Chiefs are real.  35-27 Chiefs

New England - I think this is a winnable game.  Patriots are not what they used to be and we get them at home.  28-24 Bills

Indianapolis - The easiest game left on the schedule.  Is it a trap game after NE and before Miami?  31-17 Bills

Miami - This should be a win for Buffalo. I expect it will be close, but the Defense will come up big.  24-21 Bills

@ New England - I do not see us winning in New England.  Patriots win 35-27.

@ Miami - This will all come down to what the playoffs look like.  I think it is a winnable road game, but always difficult. I'll say Bills win 31-24 because we'll be playing for a wildcard.

That would be 10-6 and I think we'd get a wildcard.  5-3 in the first half and 5-3 in the second half of the season.

Right now, the Bills control their own playoff destiny - and I would like to think they will the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Best case is splitting with Miami so to get to 10-6 we are going to have to find a win somewhere else and not sure that is possible

Im personally not as high on Miami/ their RB (drake?) as you are so they really dont scare me

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

Im personally not as high on Miami/ their RB (drake?) as you are so they really dont scare me

The bottom line is that if we couldn't sweep the Jets, we aren't sweeping Miami who also swept the Bills last year just like the Jets.

And speaking of the Jets, in hindsight we did in fact barely beat them in week one at home and then were spanked in their building.

Just goes to show how badly this team has struggled in the division going 3-7 in the last 10 AFCE games and one of those wins was the game last year in NE when they were playing a 3rd string rookie QB.

Call me a homer, but I think we will go 6-2 or 5-3

My official predictions actually match what I think are winnable and likely losses:

NO - Win.  Brees and the Saints are not a good road team, even worse as an outdoor road game.  While they are playing better football this year overall, I still think there is a bit of fools gold associated with their streak.  I think this team rebounds at home after not just a loss, but a loss in embarrassing fashion.  I fell like McD is really going to get the players up for this game at him where we are a very tough team to beat.  

@SD - Win.  Meet the new Bills.  A team more talented in beating themselves than anything.  This wont be an easy game by any stretch, but its one we should beat.

NE - Win.  Coming off what I feel will be a loss at KC, the NE game will be the biggest game Buffalo has played in over a very long time.  This game will feel even more important if we do in fact lose to KC, and I expect our team to be amped for this game.  The most important thing here is going to be the health of our team, we cant afford to not have our best players out there, especially on D for this one.  

Indy - Win.  Gimme game, lose this and we dont deserve playoffs.

Mia - Win.  I just dont see Mia having enough to come into Buffalo and win this game.  Not with the playoffs in sight for B-Lo.  

@NE - Loss.  NE is still NE, and I cant imagine us sweeping them even with them looking vulnerable at times.  Whatever went right for us at home against NE, BB will have a counter for in this one and I expect to lose this game.  

@Mia - Win if we need it, Loss if playoffs and seeding are locked.  If the schedule goes as I said above, this might be a game where  we are officially already in playoffs and a win or loss wont matter to our seeding.  In that case, I would expect to sit our key players for all or part of the game giving Mia an easier game to win.  However, if the game does matter to either making the playoffs or our seeding, I do expect to win this game too where Miami will have nothing left to play for.  

While I get some people talking about how we couldn't sweep the Jets, the truth is that this last game may or may not be our ticket to the playoffs.  This team, this staff, these players feel different this year.  I don't feel like we would lay an egg like we did with Bledsoe against the Steelers the last game of the season to miss the playoffs even though the Steelers sat starters.  If we lose one or two more games than I think before this, then our 17 year playoff drought may hang on this game.  I just cant see us losing this game if it matters, the players and staff will want it too much.  

42 minutes ago, MTBill said:

With what we know about this team (and our opponents) from the first 8 games....  What do you expect the results are from the final 8?

New Orleans - I expect this to be the first home loss of the season.  We won't be able to contain them.  I'd say 24-17 Saints.

@ LA Chargers - I expect this to be a road win - not an easy one, but a road win.  28-24 Bills

@ Kansas City - I can't envision the Bills winning in Kansas City, always a tough road game and the Chiefs are real.  35-27 Chiefs

New England - I think this is a winnable game.  Patriots are not what they used to be and we get them at home.  28-24 Bills

Indianapolis - The easiest game left on the schedule.  Is it a trap game after NE and before Miami?  31-17 Bills

Miami - This should be a win for Buffalo. I expect it will be close, but the Defense will come up big.  24-21 Bills

@ New England - I do not see us winning in New England.  Patriots win 35-27.

@ Miami - This will all come down to what the playoffs look like.  I think it is a winnable road game, but always difficult. I'll say Bills win 31-24 because we'll be playing for a wildcard.

That would be 10-6 and I think we'd get a wildcard.  5-3 in the first half and 5-3 in the second half of the season.

Right now, the Bills control their own playoff destiny - and I would like to think they will the rest of the season.

I'm not sure where you think we will sweep the Phins when we couldn't sweep the Jets. It's possible but not very likely. Best case scenario I think is splitting the Phins and the Patsies. I think the Saints game, Buffalo will rebound well and keep the "defend our dirt" wins going. The Chargers and KC games scare me. As a team the Chargers don't scare me so much as the trip to the west coast. Personally, IF and i mean If we can get one win with NE I think it's going to be the KC game that makes or breaks our post season possibilities. They are an AFC team and a loss there is going to kill us in the conference match ups because unless the Patsies collapse, were shooting for second in the AFC East and need all the AFC wins we can get. Everyone thought we would get decimated by Atlanta and we came out with the W. So it is possible. Just got to hope McD can pull the team together to play tough and hope Dennison can keep TT in positions to make plays. Having Benjamin will help (I think)   

We will know more in the first half of the Saints game.  In years past, a beat down in one game had a hangover that spanned several.

If this year is THE year, the New Orleans game is going to tell you a whole lot.  

34 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The bottom line is that if we couldn't sweep the Jets, we aren't sweeping Miami who also swept the Bills last year just like the Jets.

And speaking of the Jets, in hindsight we did in fact barely beat them in week one at home and then were spanked in their building.

Just goes to show how badly this team has struggled in the division going 3-7 in the last 10 AFCE games and one of those wins was the game last year in NE when they were playing a 3rd string rookie QB.

I wouldn't use the rex bills in this kind of assessment we are a completely  different team in terms of talent and coach

we are on our way to losing the next three. You cant have Ducasse in the lineup and say your serious about winning .I faced the fact that we went on the cheap at WR , you can't get a Sammy Watkins in the second . You can get  Beanes buddy kelvin B in the 3rd . I would have preferred  the culture change in LA with acquiring more talent  then what this snakeoil salesman beane/mcdermtt is selling maybe at the owners request. Fact is our WR problem was caused by this front office. Our reluctance to draft our QB at 10 ( Watson) is what will set this franchise  back for years to come   Micky-D and his minions    caused this problem at Wr all by themselves . Our defense is old, light in the rear at linebacker and brittle that was the reason LA they got rid of gaines in the first place he cant stay on the field .......its time  for some serious  anaylsis.... not homer spin

Edited by liverpoolkev

Out of our toughest games, @KC, @NE, NE, NO, @LAC, I see us winning two of those.

That gets us to 7 wins. 

MIA, @MIA and INDY. Definitely two wins.

9 wins gets us a WC birth.

Now if we take 3 out of the toughest 5 and take all 3 of the easier ones. That's 11 wins. Not impossible that NE finishes with 11. Just sayin'.

I think we win our next game......I am a one game at a time type this year.

I dont care how the Saints are biult....a dome team is still a dome team.

We are going to be healthy going into the game.....the defense got embarrised last weak and are going to be playing with their hair on fire

People are just down because nothing went right for us in the last game and that is what is on the mind.....this is a good team....playing at home.....against a dome team

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Miami is the worst team in the AFC East.

21 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

we are on our way to losing the next three. You cant have Ducasse in the lineup and say your serious about winning .I faced the fact that we went on the cheap at WR , you can't get a Sammy Watkins in the second . You can get  Beanes buddy kelvin B in the 3rd . I would have the dulture change in LA then this snakeoil salesman beane/mcdermtt caused this problem at Wr all by themselves . Our defense is old, light in the rear at linebacker and brittle that was the reason they got rid of gaines in the first place he cant stay on the field .......its time  for some serious  anaylsis.... not homer spin

You do understand that Benjamin was an excellent trade, right? 

Sounds like Kelvin Benjamin has already bought into "The Process" & is here to help the #Bills make a run. Definitely a McDermott guy.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Call me a homer, but I think we will go 6-2 or 5-3

My official predictions actually match what I think are winnable and likely losses:

NO - Win.  Brees and the Saints are not a good road team, even worse as an outdoor road game.  While they are playing better football this year overall, I still think there is a bit of fools gold associated with their streak.  I think this team rebounds at home after not just a loss, but a loss in embarrassing fashion.  I fell like McD is really going to get the players up for this game at him where we are a very tough team to beat.  

@SD - Win.  Meet the new Bills.  A team more talented in beating themselves than anything.  This wont be an easy game by any stretch, but its one we should beat.

NE - Win.  Coming off what I feel will be a loss at KC, the NE game will be the biggest game Buffalo has played in over a very long time.  This game will feel even more important if we do in fact lose to KC, and I expect our team to be amped for this game.  The most important thing here is going to be the health of our team, we cant afford to not have our best players out there, especially on D for this one.  

Indy - Win.  Gimme game, lose this and we dont deserve playoffs.

Mia - Win.  I just dont see Mia having enough to come into Buffalo and win this game.  Not with the playoffs in sight for B-Lo.  

@NE - Loss.  NE is still NE, and I cant imagine us sweeping them even with them looking vulnerable at times.  Whatever went right for us at home against NE, BB will have a counter for in this one and I expect to lose this game.  

@Mia - Win if we need it, Loss if playoffs and seeding are locked.  If the schedule goes as I said above, this might be a game where  we are officially already in playoffs and a win or loss wont matter to our seeding.  In that case, I would expect to sit our key players for all or part of the game giving Mia an easier game to win.  However, if the game does matter to either making the playoffs or our seeding, I do expect to win this game too where Miami will have nothing left to play for.  

While I get some people talking about how we couldn't sweep the Jets, the truth is that this last game may or may not be our ticket to the playoffs.  This team, this staff, these players feel different this year.  I don't feel like we would lay an egg like we did with Bledsoe against the Steelers the last game of the season to miss the playoffs even though the Steelers sat starters.  If we lose one or two more games than I think before this, then our 17 year playoff drought may hang on this game.  I just cant see us losing this game if it matters, the players and staff will want it too much.  

Homer

14 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Best case is splitting with Miami so to get to 10-6 we are going to have to find a win somewhere else and not sure that is possible.

It starts by beating the Patriots.  We have to go 8-0 at home and protect our turf