Alex Smith could be a free agent

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I hope Andy Reid pulls a Jim Harbaugh on Alex Smith and goes with Mahomes and we sign Smith. Smith has a similar deal like TT and could be cut this spring. Tyrod has improved this year but I think Smith is a better QB and would be able to use the whole playbook of our West Coast Offense.

KC goes and and done in the playoffs, I could definitely see this happening.  If they go to the AFC Championship game or the Super Bowl, no way.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Taylor to Smith is a sideways move. 

I agree with you---what's the point? The more critical issue has little to do with these qbs but whether this new regime is going to take a more bold move in the draft to upgrade the qb position. Anyone who watched the Oklahoma/OKState game witnessed two high quality qb prospects in that game. Mayfield was dynamic and brilliant in that game.  Rudolph also demonstrated by his play and impressive physical attributes that he is certainly a top tier franchise qb prospect.

There is nothing wrong with keeping Taylor as your bridge qb. However, it will be a fatal mistake if McDermott/Beane believe that Taylor is the type of qb to build around. When you build around someone's glaring limitations you end up building an offense saddled with those same limitations. There comes a point where you either address the most important position in the game or you continue on with the generational stagnation. If you believe otherwise then ask Whaley what he would have done differently if he had the chance to do his job over again. 

6 minutes ago, The juice said:

Sign him and trade a first for Andy Reid 

Jeffisthatyou? Seriously though, I would love for the Chiefs to turn over the reigns to Mahomes just to be able to laugh at the ones who constantly did chin-ups on his nutz :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I hope Andy Reid pulls a Jim Harbaugh on Alex Smith and goes with Mahomes and we sign Smith. Smith has a similar deal like TT and could be cut this spring. Tyrod has improved this year but I think Smith is a better QB and would be able to use the whole playbook of our West Coast Offense.

Alex Smith is better than TT but not much better and the Bills are not winning a SB with either. So so what KC did. Identify their future in the draft and get him.