How did you find TBD

fansince88

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And soon thereafter I started inviting people to our open tailgate and that's where I met:

You

Lori

Bob Lamb

Rockpile

Cablelady

89 (Cindy)

Jester

Simon

Jay

Jack

Bill from NYC

Petrino

Lancaster Steve

Bill in Livonia

Joesixpack

R.Rich

NJ Sue

UDonkey

I know I am forgetting a lot of folks but we had new people coming thru on the regular and some might have changed names too.

So many names on that list no longer here. Sad.

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So many names on that list no longer here. Sad.

Some of the more infamous people who are no longer on TSW like Hogboy and Ice are still communicating regularly with the guys I tailgate with.........and Bob Lamb moved back to Buffalo so he's been at the tailgates recently.   Someone said Yolo was UDonkey but I don't know about that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

i don't remember exactly how i found it, i was going a little crazy as i was about to be a 20 year old new dad and i needed something to occupy my mind a bit. i probably searched 'buffalo bills forum' into altavista using netscape.

it looked mostly like this: https://web.archive.org/web/19990429095153/http://twobillsdrive.com:80/

Clicked the link, that was a blast from the past! Haha thanks for posting! Got to laugh, draft picks wernt as highly regarded back then. In 1980 the Bills traded pick #10 for #17 & a 3rd!

I found TBD 5 years or so ago while searching Bills info. I was a member of BBMB and would come lurk here as a guest. I didnt sign up till "the shut down". As bad as BBMB was, it was an easier forum for me to use. When i only had a couple minutes throughout the work day to check out whats goin on there was 30 new threads and could get info quickly as opposed to having to skim through a 51 page thread here.

I have since learned to navigate the site since joining and have really come to appreciate the knowledge that is shared and the much higher quaility of posters all around! Thank you TBD and a HUGE thank you to @SDS !!!!!!

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Some of the more infamous people who are no longer on TSW like Hogboy and Ice are still communicating regularly with the guys I tailgate with.........and Bob Lamb moved back to Buffalo so he's been at the tailgates recently.   Someone said Yolo was UDonkey but I don't know about that.

'Ice' is also still in the fantasy football league I'm in, run by R.Rich.

Before this site I used to get some Bills publication I can’t remember the name of. It was the best way to get info before the internet changed the world...but for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it. Bills Daily/Weekly? I’d read it then take it to my dad, you’d have thought it was gold bars. I miss those days....and him. 

Edited by Augie

12 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I was at an AA meeting back in 2007 or so;  the site was listed on several ads in the men’s bathroom. 

Ive been hooked ever since. 

Original advertising was on the bottom of the shot glass, but the print was too small. Being bleary eyed and all didn’t help with focus. After several attempts, they found something more effective. 

On 11/4/2017 at 5:57 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

1998 back when it was part of the Rochester D&C. 

Exactly.  I was in last year of med school and remember the joy of being able to get 'local' articles via DandC....though I was hours away  (that new fancy internet thing was cool).  I found the twobillsdrive site and officially joined a few years later.  

On 11/4/2017 at 8:58 PM, Just Jack said:

Scott can answer better, but it was when the D&C was shutting down their message board. 

As to the original question, I was looking for pictures of the Jills, sometime around 1997, and Scott was hosting a webpage for them on TBD.

Do you go to Hercules Gym in Syracuse, or just your avatar?

20 hours ago, chris heff said:

I Googled "spleen injuries".

Haha!!! Priceless!

This has gone over better than I thought  4 pages. Got to wonder why so many have come and gone. Like many here that have replied I do check the main page daily. Often check a couple times a day.

• Like (+1) 1