Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I predict that McDermott announces tomorrow that they are going to make a Quarterback change.

"We appreciate Tyrod and everything he has done for us and all his work. But we are going to go in a different direction and give Nate an opportunity."

We can only hope

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I predict that McDermott announces tomorrow that they are going to make a Quarterback change.

"We appreciate Tyrod and everything he has done for us and all his work. But we are going to go in a different direction and give Nate an opportunity."

I think they are in such a drastic situation already in their tenure that making changes is mandatory...or they lose the team in year 1. I would also wonder if someone on defense isn't cut from the team.

Edited by horned dogs

I know after the last two games, this one being key in seeing how the team as well as the offense would bounce back after the jets debacle I've seen enough of taylor and hope the staff has as well.

really, it can not get any worse going forward starting peterman. it wont really get much better, especially with a defense that can not stop the run or cover but no reason why they shouldn't see what they have in peterman.

lets put it this way, they lose the next two which is a real possibility, their playoff hopes are all but gone anyway.

put the kid in and STOP with this taylor ever being a franchise QB nonsense, he never was nor will he ever be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Look this thread has been crazy.  You have one group talking about him being a franchise QB and other group talking about him being terrible - the fact is TT is exactly what he has been - he is not a great QB, but he usually makes few mistakes.  He is not and never should be considered a franchise QB.  He has always been a place holder, but it is obvious this offense is not going to do any favors for TT.

TT puts up consistent numbers, but he does not make the plays necessary to be a long term successful QB.  I think the offense will look totally different with Peterman.  I think quick decisions and throwing in rhythm will make the offense look better - I just do not think he is as stable as TT because he is not quite ready, but honestly I think a change would make a lot of the o-line issues go away.

In the end - I think TT will get a couple of more starts, but I would not be surprised if it at some point he is permanently benched here.  They need more out of the position.  I do not think TT is the reason we lost either game, but he also is not the answer.  3 years and the exact same issues - it is time to move on from the failed experiment.