Does Benjamin play Thursday?

The juice

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no way he plays. he might not even get here in time for practice tomorrow.

the coaches put together their game plan on Monday, when he wasn't here.

How much practice time does he need to have a sub-package of plays where they tell him run this route? In the redzone how hard is it to tell him to run to the corner and turn around for a jump ball?

a) Thompson was in Bills training camp.

b) He had a whole week.

Thompson was in camp in 2015 so he had to adjust to a different system.

It's all football, tho. These guys are professionals and there are only so many plays and the variations of them.

If Benjamin plays Thursday I wouldn't anticipate him starting. He'd probably have a limited role and limited snap count.

He comes in at a good time, tho. After Thursday he has 10 days until the next game to get up to speed.

Yeah, he could play, but don't expect a huge impact. He's not going to attract a double team as a decoy and I would be surprised if he's targeted more than a couple times. It's going to take a while to develop some chemistry with Tyrod. The Bills would be better off having Tyrod throw to receivers with whom he is familiar. That's not to say this trade could not be good for the Bills long term, I'm just not expecting a lot of instant payoff from it.

"Go Deep... On TWO!"

;-)

Now, can Tyrod hit the side of a barn.

Yeah Tyrod was wayyyyyyy off Sunday. <_<

2 years a go he was in training camp. Differant playbook.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/22/bills-deonte-thompson-tyrod-taylor-nfl-week-7-sean-mcdermott/

Tyrod and Deonte have a long history.

no way he plays. he might not even get here in time for practice tomorrow.

the coaches put together their game plan on Monday, when he wasn't here.

The GM confirmed he will arrive in Buffalo today, but was not sure on the exact time of his flight.

Sal C. asked the coach about this and the coach said if we can get him in, he's going in. Or words to that effect.

I doubt he'll be happy missing a game due to a trade. If he wants to play, they should make sure gets some action.

They can easily play him on a limited basis. He'll be a valuable 3rd down and RZ target.

Actually if he plays he has possibility of 17 game season. He will not be missing a game if not playing.

a) Thompson was in Bills training camp.

b) He had a whole week.

Thompson was in Bills training camp in a different year and different coaches. Not big thing.

See that... so many jump on your every point just because. But this makes me think you actually might like the bills.

I'm absolutely sure they can come up with a few plays to the WR that's the size of the left tackle

Of course I love this team. One interesting thing I noticed is that Benjamin has already played in 8 games this season since the Panthers haven't had their bye week yet.

So if he plays this week and the rest of the season for the Bills that would be 17 total regular season games, wonder if that's happened before?