Make the cuts to get the comp pick

The juice

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of it like a trade. Would you trade Holmes, Ducasse and Davis for a 3rd round pick? I would.

Holmes just got replaced, Davis hasn't done anything this season and Ducasse is well below average and they have multiple replacement candidates for him on the roster already (Groy & Miller)

Edited by vincec

Who cares about what's practically a 4th rd pick that cant be traded? Pop quiz: How many Bills 4th round picks do we have on our team?

Spoiler: 0

Even if you want to argue a 3rd: Preston Brown, John Miller, Adolphus Washington. I'd take a bet that none of them are on the 53 next season.

If you win, picks decrease in value.

Who cares about what's practically a 4th rd pick that cant be traded? Pop quiz: How many Bills 4th round picks do we have on our team?

Even if you want to argue a 3rd: Preston Brown, John Miller, Adolphus Washington. I'd take a bet that none of them are on the 53 next season.

The players you cut to get that 3rd rounder aren't very important. You roll the dice on a 3rd/4th rounder because the players aren't impressive.

I do wonder if the Bills can cut players and just re-sign them in week 11. I don't think anyone would argue with cutting all those players next week and re-signing them the week after

Davis has been a useful rotational edge rusher, Holmes has made better plays than Zay and JMatt so far, and Ducasse is now our starting RG. DiMarco is playing well too. just don't see it.

Davis has 6 tackles all season. He has been invisible for the most part and Holmes will not see much of the field now that Benjamin's on the roster. Those two are no brainers. The only real question is Ducasse, whom they seem to love even though he is well below average.

We just used a 3rd round pick to get Kelvin Benjamin. Now you're trying to say that they have no value.

People complaining about Team Chemistry? No one is going to miss Davis. We just brought in a new WR: Benjamin, Mattews, Jones will be the 1-2-3. So no need for Holmes. I wouldn't mind cutting the FB DeMarco but Ducasse isn't exactly impressive.

You mean the FB DeMarco that has helped get the running game in order the last two weeks?

You mean the FB DeMarco that has helped get the running game in order the last two weeks?

So it's the FB not the OLine that's gotten the running game in order? lol Not to mention they've played the two worst defenses they have the whole year the last two weeks. FBs are useless. You could easily put Tolbert in to block the first LB that breaks through.

Quick Quiz: How many FBs are currently in the league?

So it's the FB not the OLine that's gotten the running game in order? lol Not to mention they've played the two worst defenses they have the whole year the last two weeks. FBs are useless. You could easily put Tolbert in to block the first LB that breaks through.

Quick Quiz: How many FBs are currently in the league?

A bit of FB and OL but most importantly the level of competition has allowed for the running game to improve.

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer

Asked about potential to recoup 2018 third-round pick with compensatory pick formula, Bills GM Brandon Beane says his focus is on beating the Jets on Thursday and continuing to win games after that. Signals that he won't be releasing signed free agents in order to work NFL's compensatory formula in their favor to get pick back for losing Stephon Gilmore this offseason.

This does not mean anything.

Beano and McDerma say one thing and do the opposite.

he said they were not shopping Dareous or Sammy

said they had no plans for more trades coming up to this deadline and Boom they do the biggest and had looked into M Bryant from Pitt also.

The McDerma list is too long to type.

I havent seen anyone mention we can cut any of those 3 or 4 guys and then resign them. The danger is someone claiming them off waivers. Bills FO has to figure out if anyone might snatch these guys if cut. I personally think its worth the risk. I would cut all of them on Friday and resign them as soon as possible early next week.

People have mentioned this (cutting and just resigning them) but pretty sure that's not how it works in terms of getting the comp pick.

In any event I don't see it happening, I've been a Ducasse basher but his metrics have actually been decent in recent weeks according to PFF and he's certainly entrenched as the starting RG.

Davis and Holmes have also been solid contributors, and now with Benjamin on board it opens things up for Holmes and the entire WR depth chart.

We aren't cutting these guys.

Davis has 6 tackles all season. He has been invisible for the most part and Holmes will not see much of the field now that Benjamin's on the roster. Those two are no brainers. The only real question is Ducasse, whom they seem to love even though he is well below average.

We just used a 3rd round pick to get Kelvin Benjamin. Now you're trying to say that they have no value.

You cant trade a comp pick and Benjamin was drafted in the first round because he's a first round talent. Guys like him are lottery win in the 3rd. I don't value 3rd round picks much more than a just a guy Preston Brown type.

Edited by BullBuchanan

If we were a CB yes he'd be big, but he's a WR and as WR go, that's average size, maybe slightly above but nothing special

6-2 is size compared to most CBS and he has speed.

The ideal combo or receiver is having watkins snd benjamin on the same team.

I could ser Holmes being cut and demarcation being cut but who would be 3rd??? They can cut players prior to I think it's week 10 then resign them and then get the comp pick.

You cant trade a comp pick and Benjamin was drafted in the first round because he's a first round talent. Guys like him are lottery win in the 3rd. I don't value 3rd round picks much more than a just a guy Preston Brown type.

Incorrect. Comp picks can be traded. That said, there is far too much obsession about compensatory picks.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Holmes has been playing well. I say keep him.

I believe they can cut him and then re-sign back as a FA.

Benjamin and Holmes are both worth the 3rd rounders. Our 2nd round pick is having trouble contributing so those late 3rds are pretty useless unless packaged in a trade somewhere.

BUt that is exactly what you want them for. Either to build depth via the draft (which we need quite a bit) and/or trade for better players.